• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Intimidating ENTPs

R

ReflecTcelfeR

How often are you intimidating? How often have others found you intimidating? Do you think you could ever be intimidating? No real point behind these besides my sudden curiosity.

Also! I would like to hear from others who know ENTP's in real-life.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not at all intimidating. I'll just take your lunch and we'll fight it out in the sand box until we're both sexy.

Now ISTJs on the other hand... Scare the piddle right outta my little anxious bladder.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I'll agree with Domino, ENTP's don't intimidate me either. However, most people don't actually intimidate me, if they try to I tend to think it's sort of funny. ENTP's are just fun to be around, in my opinion.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Not at all intimidating. I'll just take your lunch and we'll fight it out in the sand box until we're both sexy.

Now ISTJs on the other hand... Scare the piddle right outta my little anxious bladder.

I think that's quite true. I myself am anything but intimidating, or anything to do with the like. I'd prefer to charmingly win back my lunch :D and then get sexy ;).

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'll agree with Domino, ENTP's don't intimidate me either. However, most people don't actually intimidate me, if they try to I tend to think it's sort of funny. ENTP's are just fun to be around, in my opinion.

I can settle for that. Why don't ENTP's intimidate either of you?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're practically my flip side. I don't find them mysterious, scary or puzzling. However, I do find them nerve-wracking when I find myself quite naturally capitulating to them. There are few types with an automatic in-road on me, and ENTPs are one. So I can feel self-preservational fear in their presence, but never intimidation. It's too equal a trade of power and energy to be a hostage situation. There's too much an instinctive understanding to be scary.

*brushes the sand off your lunch*

R

ReflecTcelfeR

They're practically my flip side. I don't find them mysterious, scary or puzzling. However, I do find them nerve-wracking when I find myself quite naturally capitulating to them. There are few types with an automatic in-road on me, and ENTPs are one. So I can feel self-preservational fear in their presence, but never intimidation. It's too equal a trade of power and energy to be a hostage situation. There's too much an instinctive understanding to be scary.

Getting me all hot and bothered just talkin' about it.

*brushes the sand off your lunch*

Thank you, Ma'am :)

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"How often are you intimidating? How often have others found you intimidating?"

A quick question concerning measurement: how exactly can we know if someone is intimidated by us if they don't say anything?

To answer the question:
Yes and no. To a lot of people (males, especially), I don't. I'm not a "big" person that can tower over you or intimidate you with strength. However, some people I intimidate "intellectually." I've had people tell me I'm "intimidatingly intelligent." I suppose it's my ability to go between topics at a very quick pace, leaving some people behind.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I was hoping someone would bring that aspect up. This is also apart of the intimidation that I'm speaking of, I'm not saying that we are as that's a bias, but to others: Have you found us to be intellectually intimidating, or intellectually annoying. The last part simply because sometimes I don't know, or understand when I should shut up on my unintelligble ramblings about something I find intellectually stimulating.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I intimidate people when I need to (sports, getting what I need/want, etc.).

And when I try and be intimidating, it makes those who are constantly the same way quake in their boots (or sandals...whatever).

Most people think that I'm aloof or just 'out there' most of the time...they're usually not intimidated by my intelligence until the need for me to explain something to someone arrives, or a debate.
I guess with the expression of intelligence along with natural beauty (not trying to be egotistical lol...just going along with what many others say to me), I become extremely intimidating to others (most of the time I don't even know it) and may see me as a threat to me getting to a guy they might like before they do, or for many males, they're too intimidated to talk to me (reference from guy friends).

I was hoping someone would bring that aspect up. This is also apart of the intimidation that I'm speaking of, I'm not saying that we are as that's a bias, but to others: Have you found us to be intellectually intimidating, or intellectually annoying. The last part simply because sometimes I don't know, or understand when I should shut up on my unintelligble ramblings about something I find intellectually stimulating.

It depends on the person. If they share no interest in what you find interesting, or never care to hear about it, then it would probably be annoying. I know ENTPs where they will talk and talk about something...and they annoy me to hell, as I feel like they're talking to me about a topic I know loads more about than they do, and explaining it to me in vivid detail that I don't need to hear about. Other times, for the most part, I'm interested in listening to rambles, even if they are about something trivial.

duck!

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Many people in my extended family are ENTPs, and I do find them intimidating. They're all scary brilliant and mercurial -- they know what they want, they go for it, and they're often ruthless. Manipulative, too, because they know enough about people to twist them around to get what they want. Young, immature ENTPs are especially dangerous. Often prodigious, they are very good at getting their own way. In my experience they've been uncaring as to how they've gone about doing it.

I call them the "dying baby joke" crowd.

Maybe I find them disconcerting because they are similar to me in a lot of ways. The whole shared Ne, I guess. But unless I am super-passionate about something, it's tough for me to maintain a dispassionate logical intensity. I also find it very hard to assert myself at the expense of others. I find it easier to hide whatever knowledge I have behind a laidback, goofy exterior. My relatives are always high-intensity and guard their emotional cores so well, it's impossible for outsiders to gauge what they feel or think. I feel sometimes that they live in a different, almost superhuman existence that I can't quite understand, because they've made themselves so ambiguous to me. And, of course, I always feel disrespected in our conversations, so I ignore them.

I do know two ENTPs as friends, and because they respect me, we get on very well. Respect is the key factor. In my experience, if I haven't earned the unconditional respect of an ENTP, it's not worth engaging.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I intimidate people when I need to (sports, getting what I need/want, etc.).

And when I try and be intimidating, it makes those who are constantly the same way quake in their boots (or sandals...whatever).

Most people think that I'm aloof or just 'out there' most of the time...they're usually not intimidated by my intelligence until the need for me to explain something to someone arrives, or a debate.
I guess with the expression of intelligence along with natural beauty (not trying to be egotistical lol...just going along with what many others say to me), I become extremely intimidating to others (most of the time I don't even know it) and may see me as a threat to me getting to a guy they might like before they do, or for many males, they're too intimidated to talk to me (reference from guy friends).

It depends on the person. If they share no interest in what you find interesting, or never care to hear about it, then it would probably be annoying. I know ENTPs where they will talk and talk about something...and they annoy me to hell, as I feel like they're talking to me about a topic I know loads more about than they do, and explaining it to me in vivid detail that I don't need to hear about. Other times, for the most part, I'm interested in listening to rambles, even if they are about something trivial.

This aloofness you speak of... What brings you out of it? Is it someone telling lies, whether they know it or not, or is it to assert yourself as a presence? Anything like that?

Many people in my extended family are ENTPs, and I do find them intimidating. They're all scary brilliant and mercurial -- they know what they want, they go for it, and they're often ruthless. Manipulative, too, because they know enough about people to twist them around to get what they want. Young, immature ENTPs are especially dangerous. Often prodigious, they are very good at getting their own way. In my experience they've been uncaring as to how they've gone about doing it.

I call them the "dying baby joke" crowd.

Maybe I find them disconcerting because they are similar to me in a lot of ways. The whole shared Ne, I guess. But unless I am super-passionate about something, it's tough for me to maintain a dispassionate logical intensity. I also find it very hard to assert myself at the expense of others. I find it easier to hide whatever knowledge I have behind a laidback, goofy exterior. My relatives are always high-intensity and guard their emotional cores so well, it's impossible for outsiders to gauge what they feel or think. I feel sometimes that they live in a different, almost superhuman existence that I can't quite understand, because they've made themselves so ambiguous to me. And, of course, I always feel disrespected in our conversations, so I ignore them.

I do know two ENTPs as friends, and because they respect me, we get on very well. Respect is the key factor. In my experience, if I haven't earned the unconditional respect of an ENTP, it's not worth engaging.

I do what you do. I tend to act all bubbly, or relaxed and happy until I'm crossed, or a line is crossed where logic is necessary. I don't know if this is type specific, or just personality in general (temperament and all that good stuff).

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've known several ENTP's in my life and I never found them to be intellectually intimidating. I always felt like we spoke a very similar language. If I was to be honest, however, there have been some older ENTP's (a CEO, a professor/mentor, and a public speaker) that were somewhat intimidating in that they were the type of people who truly commanded respect, who had presence when they walked into a room, who when they spoke people listened, etc. 10 years ago, when social anxiety disorder had a hold on me, I would have thought someone like this wouldn't have wanted to talk to me or wouldn't want to give me the time of day and so I would avoid them. And one symptom of SAD is actually *being intimidated by those in a position of authority*. After getting to know a couple of them, however, we had some great conversations. They were very open and care-free, fun people. Like I said, we kind of spoke the same language (Ne) and they kind of helped me realize that I need to just go ahead and say what's on my mind. Just put it out there more. I was surprised, at that younger age, to find out that they actually liked my ideas and my thought process. Now, ENTP's are a breeze.

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Most people are intimidated by me at first. I walk very slowly and deliberately, I also usually have a dirty look on my face just because thats my natural face. I can change into a non-intimidating persona very easily. Im also somewhat tall and have a pretty low voice. Then people get to know me and arent even sort of intimidated. I pretty much decide if I want to be intimidating or not and i usually choose to be just for the hell of it.

duck!

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Great ENTPs use their formidable intellectual Jedi skills in ways that are constructive. My friend's boyfriend, for instance, is the quintessential ENTP lawyer -- tough as nails, easily adaptable, ferocious sense of justice and great intellectual curiosity. I easily see him as capable of great things.

However, I find that the ENTPs that I'm related to are cerebral bullies. They create complex logical arguments about sensitive subjects. They can exploit personal weakness. A fellow NT may not care as much, but my feelings were easily hurt by their need for one-upmanship. They can also be intellectually annoying. On certain subjects in which I have expertise, I take the effort to cut them down, but they don't back off easily because the need to be right can be stronger than the need to accept the truth.

I love ENTPs in general, though. The ones I'm not related to are phenomenal people.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This aloofness you speak of... What brings you out of it? Is it someone telling lies, whether they know it or not, or is it to assert yourself as a presence? Anything like that?

When I need to get serious, or something I care about isn't being done. Most of the time I don't really care where life takes me, since I think life will just take me wherever and I'll just go along from there. If people are telling lies and I'm aware of it, I'll usually stay aloof, but I'll nonchalantly call them out on that lie if I can. If it pisses me off enough, I'll just say 'You're fucking full of shit'. The reason for my aloofness...meh, it keeps me out of trouble, from worrying about pointless things, being like everyone else, etc.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Awww, I thought this was a thread about how to intimidate an ENTP, which would have been great.

"It puts the lotion on the skin" works on just about everyone.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The ENTP I knew well didn't have a natural intimidating demeanor. It seemed to work to his advantage. In one sense because he desired to meet new people and be welcomed into new experiences and places. He wasn't a snob or bullying type of personality that would get pleasure from frightening strangers. And in another sense, because he was frequently underestimated by cocky, presumptuous types of people, he was able to parlay that into advantage over them, and subsequently crush them. Not literally, but crush them at whatever contest they were engaged in, real or imagined. :) So, from my humble observation I saw an interesting kind of duality. Not trying to be intimidating, but not wanting anyone to get away with underestimating.