• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] An INxP and compatible types...

princessleia1982

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
I am an INTP...does this description fit me? I'm not sure.

404 Not Found

So basically, I am best with an ENFJ, ENFP, ENTP, INFJ, INFP, INTJ, and INTP.

I think that the ENFJ is compatible only in theory and not in application unless the ENFJ borders on being an introvert thereby making it more INFJ. I say this because in my experience with ENFJ's, I am intimidated by their extroverted feel...ings. The problem with ENFJ is that the interest position is too direct and the defense position is too widespread. So I generally find them to be too interested, too direct, too defensive and also they tend to hold onto hurt feelings even when they know they shouldn't or when the life of that emotion has already run its course for others. This leads to a conflict between my desire to correct them logically and then they take it personally as an attack. Lots of arguing.

Great friend matches are the ENFP, ENTP, INFP, and INTP. I think the best matches for deep relationships would be the INTJ, or the INFJ and possibly the ENTJ but only if there is a strong T and not a sign of F in the INTP. But ENTJ's do not appeal to me because I swing between the T and F functions and INFP and ENTJ do not match at all! In fact they are mortal enemies.

For someone like me that is both an INFP and an INTP, I would say that my best matches are an ENFP, INFJ, and INTJ. I can't say much about INTJ's because I only knew one and he was my teacher and gave me a bad grade so I never really looked... into that type again. Malachi is INFJ and INTJ though and my favorite cousin Keith is an INTJ. I like direct interest in a relationship, so the INFJ is recommended, because the interest line of Ni and Ne are the highest with my type. But I also like comfort in a relationship, so the ENFP is also recommented, because the comfort line of Ne and Ne are the highest (yet more of the defending comes from me than them). My first love, Damion and my last love (before Malachi) Aaron, were both ENFP's. Overall both INFJ and ENFP are great matches for an INFP/INTP personality. The deciding factor is character after that.

Here is an ENFP:
ENFP - YouTube

Here is an INFJ:
INFJ male - YouTube

Here is an INTJ:
INTJ Perspective - YouTube

‎...and another INTJ:
The Mastermind... - YouTube

Oh and Malachi looks like an INTJ and is an INFJ and an INTJ. And like I said I look like an ISFP and am an INFP and an INTP.

So this is how my functions look because I am more than one type:
INTP:
RANK of FUNCTION FUNCTION ORIENTATION
Dominant Thinking Introverted ( Ti )
Secondary iNtuition Extraverted ( Ne )
Tertiary Sensing Introverted ( Si )
Inferior Feeling Extraverted ( Fe )

INFP:
Dominant Feeling Introverted ( Fi )
Inferior Thinking Extraverted ( Te )

ISFP:
Dominant Feeling Introverted ( Fi )
Secondary Sensing Extraverted ( Se )
Tertiary iNtuition Introverted ( Ni )
Inferior Thinking Extraverted ( Te )

This is how Malachi's looks because he is more than one type:
INFJ
Dominant iNtuition Introverted ( Ni )
Secondary Feeling Extraverted ( Fe )
Tertiary Thinking Introverted ( Ti )
Inferior Sensing Extraverted ( Se )

INTJ
Secondary Thinking Extraverted ( Te )
Tertiary Feeling Introverted ( Fi )

So my functions are more developed and tied in a few areas. So body language doesn't count, it is just my front to the world and I am really not as I appear so combining INTP and INFP would look like this:
Dominant Thinking & Feeling Introverted ( Ti ) Introverted ( Fi )
Inferior Feeling & Thinking Extraverted ( Fe ) Extraverted ( Te )

And Malachi's combined combination of INTJ and INFJ would look like this:

Secondary Feeling & Thinking Extraverted ( Fe ) Extraverted ( Te )
Tertiary Thinking & Feeling Introverted ( Ti ) Introverted ( Fi )

So all of the functions are: Ni, Ne, Si, Se, Ti, Te, Fi, Fe

My order of functions is most likely:
Ti, Fi, Ne, Si, Fe, Te, (Se, Ni)

Malachi's order of function is most likely:
Ni, Fe, Te, Ti, Fi, Se (Ne, Si)

take the test...and let me know what it says your result is...
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

...well just to be really sure take this version of the test too:
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-myers-briggs-short-quiz

In fact, take this one too...it tells you which type you look like to others.
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-myers-briggs-physigonomy-test

For instance, I look like an ISFP but I am really an INFP and an INTP. My body language actually rules out the ENFP relationships because they would not think I am all that pretty but they would love my personality. So that leaves exactly what Malachi is...an INFJ and INTJ who are compatible with all three types. But I still miss interacting with ENFP types.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think that the ENFJ is compatible only in theory and not in application unless the ENFJ borders on being an introvert thereby making it more INFJ. I say this because in my experience with ENFJ's, I am intimidated by their extroverted feel...ings. The problem with ENFJ is that the interest position is too direct and the defense position is too widespread. So I generally find them to be too interested, too direct, too defensive and also they tend to hold onto hurt feelings even when they know they shouldn't or when the life of that emotion has already run its course for others. This leads to a conflict between my desire to correct them logically and then they take it personally as an attack. Lots of arguing.
I've also read that ENFJ is supposedly the ideal match for an INTP. Interestingly enough, the only long-term relationship I've ever had with an N was with an ENFJ, and we argued all - the - time. I can echo a lot of what you've said - she was much too direct for my tastes and would react with a level of emotional sensitivity that made me uncomfortable. It got to the point where I barely wanted to talk to her at all, because a casual conversation could erupt into chaos at any time. Kinda disappointing because we had a ton of interests in common and (so long as we weren't arguing) could exchange ideas seamlessly.

Great friend matches are the ENFP, ENTP, INFP, and INTP.
I find myself connecting strongly with ENFPs online, but I don't know any (at least no obvious ones) in real life.

I think the best matches for deep relationships would be the INTJ, or the INFJ and possibly the ENTJ but only if there is a strong T and not a sign of F in the INTP.
I can't see myself meshing well with an Extroverted Thinker of any type. I have a difficult enough time communicating and dealing with all the TJs I work with, so I'd prefer my home life to be free of that.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I've also read that ENFJ is supposedly the ideal match for an INTP.

Those things that calculate which match is best for which type are rarely accurate, or at least not for most people. It's far easier to figure it out on an individual basis, and in fact, I don't think most types would even conform to the same algorithms for who they'd like in general. It'd be a different situation for each type.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Those things that calculate which match is best for which type are rarely accurate, or at least not for most people. It's far easier to figure it out on an individual basis, and in fact, I don't think most types would even conform to the same algorithms for who they'd like in general. It'd be a different situation for each type.

I agree.