• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Most Brainiac type?

Which type is the most brainiac?

• INTP

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • INTJ

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Which type is exhibits the brainiac traits, or mostly likely be called a brainiac?

my personal definitions of a Brainiac:
highly intelligent person
genius level intellect with much higher IQ than even the high average
pure thinker
problem solver
want to learn everything about the universe and accumulate all forms of information
most likely socially inept or introverted
gifted in at least several of the pure science and engineering fields, including physics chemsitry and biology
have some major similarities with the superman villain brainiac, either in terms of motivations or intellect
algorithimic thinking

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
hard to choose between entp and intp, but i voted intp because i suspect that intps are brainiacs slightly more often

O

Oberon

INTP all the way, guys. ENTPs can also be very bright, but they're not as totally consumed with Ti.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTP all the way, guys. ENTPs can also be very bright, but they're not as totally consumed with Ti.

but thats because they dont need to. (assuming that the entp is a smart one) they can get answers more finished by Ne perception, so they dont need to use Ti as much to get to same result on things that need intelligence. Intps on the other hand cant get as finished thoughts just from perception(and they dont trust on Ne as much without really thinking it with Ti first), so they need to apply more Ti to finish the thought

O

Oberon

Going by stereotype, it's the ENTP entrepreneur who will hire the other three types in your poll... The INTPs for R&D, Engineering, and other technical work, the ENTJs for middle management, and the INTJs for the accounting office.

While the ENTJs are keeping things running smoothly at the office, the ENTP is taking three-hour lunches to schmooze with clients and occasionally bang the INTPs' xNFx wives.

You really shouldn't let an ENTP into your business unless you keep a close eye on him. :D

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
INTPs. At least from online interaction, INTPs seem to be by far the most coldly analytical of the 16 types, followed perhaps by INTJs. They're also the type most interested in traditional "braniac" subjects such as science and mathematics.

Going by stereotype, it's the ENTP entrepreneur who will hire the other three types in your poll... The INTPs for R&D, Engineering, and other technical work, the ENTJs for middle management, and the INTJs for the accounting office.
ENTPs aren’t generally entrepreneurs and I can’t imagine an ENTJ settling for middle management. Even an INTJ would probably step up to leadership if they felt that the ENTP wasn’t handling those three hours effectively.

-If the Big Five results are to be correlated with MBTI, it would seem that ESTJs are actually the most commonly successful entrepreneurs, followed closely behind by ENTJs, by ISTJs, and then by INTJs. P types generally cannot work for up to 12 hours per day for 5 years or more, on one project, which is often what’s required for a business start up.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say INTP is most likely, followed by INTJ. Much of the brainiac description also sounds like it comes right out of an INTP type description. The exception would be the part about the superman villian brainiac and the algorithmic thinking. Villians, I see typically as more NTJ like. The algorithmic thinking I associate more with Te.

rav3n

The opening post is a blatant setup for introverts, case in point, socially inept or introverted.

It's a tossup between INTPs and INTJs. They're both intense thinkers but in different ways. INTJs are more creative solutions oriented individuals which in the worst case scenario can be too narrow a focus, therefore, potentially missing important pieces of information through confirmation bias. INTPs have the exact opposite problem, where the focus can be too wide and everchanging, never reaching a solution.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say any of them. That including SJs, NFs and SPs.
While I personally haven't met any intelligent ESFPs, it is still more than probable that they exist, even if rare.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP

While the ENTJs are keeping things running smoothly at the office, the ENTP is taking three-hour lunches to schmooze with clients and occasionally bang the INTPs' xNFx wives.

You really shouldn't let an ENTP into your business unless you keep a close eye on him. :D

One of the nicest confirmations of true friendship came when my INTJ friend warned me that trying to start a business with him would be one of the worst possible moves I could make (despite the apparent immediate benefits), just because he knew ahead of time that he was destined to completely fuck me over eventually. That is a true friend.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
From the term "pure thinker", I'd say INTP simply because Ti is its dominant function.. Ne allows for the innovative qualities of the "brainiac".

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
P types generally cannot work for up to 12 hours per day for 5 years or more, on one project, which is often what’s required for a business start up.

And the winner of the biggest sweeping generalization goes to... :rolli:

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
And the winner of the biggest sweeping generalization goes to... :rolli:

Are you implying that majority of Percievers are likely to focus on one project for several years at a time instead branching off into whatever subject that they find interesting? That doesn't sound very ENTP; it seems to be a common trait of the type not to finish projects that they've started.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
None of the above. IQ can't be determined by MBTI type.

However, I think INTPs probably might hang around in academia the longest, and obtain the most useless degrees.

I've noticed that a lot of NTs presume that they're smarter than they are just because they're NTs.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

You had your brain all along Disco. As for the poll... Who'd you think was going to win? Stereotypes can run deep. Perceptions as well.