• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do You Feel Much In Your Dreams?

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I don't know, I don't dream very often and I tend to not remember much details often, so it is a bit difficult for me to tell. I don't know if I feel much in dreams. I think I do in a way, but maybe it feels less intense, although my actions in the dream still are influenced by then. Actually I think all of the few dreams I had in the last time (which is months or even years) revolved more or less around the same topic, and since it has a strong emotional value for me it has to influence my actions in dreams.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Dreams are an open door to your inner self.
I often think about my dreams, because I find them quite fascinating.
I have intense feelings in most of my dreams.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I've thought some more about this. Usually I don't feel much in my dreams but there are exceptions. A few times I felt deeply emotional in a fantasy dream with someone I had a crush on, and it wasn't really sexual. And very occasionally, I will feel very happy, or at least have happy memories of the dream after waking. Most of the time, though, the only recognisable strong emotion is fear. A few times I had this really weird thing where I was terrified of something in my dream and then when I woke up I was in a state of extreme confusion, paranoia and soul-sucking fear, and I was hyperventilating and everything, and I felt like something was coming after me, but I had only the vaguest memory of what. That was weird.

A few times I had a dream where I tried over and over using various punches, kicks, etc. to kill an invincible baby/cat that was trying to kill me. Those were some crazy dreams. I'm not normally a sadist.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Usually dreams for me are just bizarre visual experiences or me in strange but ultimately harmless situations (like putting a carton of ice cream in every tree along Highway 5, or sitting on top of a flying airplane while petting 9 cats).

But I get very violent, graphic and loud, moving nightmares a few times a year... usually about being locked somewhere in a car with a rabid human (who was dying violently and shaking me and biting me inside the locked car, her eye whites turning completely blood red and rolling back into her skull), or like last night, being chased by a huge komodo dragon in my living room who lunged at me and my friend. I shoved my friend in front of me so the dragon would bite her first, and with that one bite, which manifested in a bullet-like hole, she hemorraghed into a pile of fleshy, bloody, mushed pulp. Screams and all. And then when my friend dissolved in front of me and I was backed up against the wall, I realized that I'd be next (and the pain would be unbearable and I'd watch my whole body crumble into jello and probably go to hell, lol) and I woke up, heart pounding.

This usually happens when I have a project due that I'd been procrastinating on.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

New Dream Alert:

A few days ago I had a rather demented dream, but I thought I might share it. I didn't feel too much in the dream, but I did awake with a very peculiar feeling. The dream starts out with me having previous knowledge of murdering the girls family, except her. Two of my friends/co-workers were arresting me, when they get entranced by this video game, which all three of us were in. We're in the game playing and die in the game at which time they start to take me away. Apparently I knew that I was in a dream because the last thing I say is "I don't have to worry about this because I know when I wake up this won't have happened." this is when I woke up.... And was late for my class. Very strange and I'm still trying to figure out the purpose behind it. I can vaguely remember feeling in my dream, but it was the emotion I had waking up that was strange.

rav3n

Last night's dream reminded me of Inception, where a real life impossible relationship morphed into a lasting, positive relationship. The sadness and longing felt when I woke up reminded me of the vibe from Cobb.

Impossible "what could have beens if only", have got to be the worst. :cry:
Posted this in another thread. The emotions within the dream were soaring, wide-open happiness, delight and euphoria. The emotions post waking up were devastating sorrow and longing.

So yes, NTs do feel. Some of us wish we didn't.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Posted this in another thread. The emotions within the dream were soaring, wide-open happiness, delight and euphoria. The emotions post waking up were devastating sorrow and longing.

So yes, NTs do feel. Some of us wish we didn't.

I've had those dreams a few times..

I still remember the most realistic one, 2 years later.

I was so oddly and awkwardly heartbroken waking up...

rav3n

I've had those dreams a few times..

I still remember the most realistic one, 2 years later.

I was so oddly and awkwardly heartbroken waking up...
Yes, strangely enough, the other person wasn't a realistic version of who he was in real life. A projection just like Cobb's projection of Mal.

This is the longest the emotional effects of any dream has lasted. I can still feel it strongly. As a guess, this dream is meaningful to my subconscious. To what symbolic extent, I'll have to figure out.

F

figsfiggyfigs

well, at the time I had that dream, I was not involved, nor was I interested in anyone what so ever, this is what makes it so interesting.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Rarely do I dream.
Often my dreams are devoid of feeling and mostly centered on visuals.
Talking isn't prevelant in my dreams either.
Its mostly me, women, buildings, rooms, fun and hints at Inception.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I can relate to that Idris. It seems that the only thing that really changes in my dream are the visuals. Rarely do I, or does anyone speak in my dreams. It just seems my surroundings changed sparatically.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can get pretty emotional in my dreams. My emotions generally run pretty deep, even if I'm not the best person at outwardly expressing them, until they've been processed, or until they build up and spill over. I will have bigger reactions and act more dramatic in my dreams. I've gotten angry, violent, and yelled in my dreams while in real life, I tend to bottle up my anger. The most I've done was yelled but the violent part, I've never done.

One thing not related to emotions, I have a lot of food related dreams where I can actually taste the food. I guess I'm hungry while I sleep a lot?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
In general no, just last night I was dreaming that I am buying light switches for my bathroom. However even if I dream something more intense, action driven and survivalist I still keep my cool. I never dream romantic/personal stuff.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I was under a tremendous amount of stress and had a lot of emotional upheaval the last couple months , I was angry at a lot of people but the situation I was in meant I could not express it, in my dreams however there were so many violent angry moments that were expressed it would wake me from the sleep attempting to catch my breath .. to my relief they appear to be calming but it was almost daily.

Lark

The worst dreams I've ever had are nothing at all but a feeling, they are worse if they are discordant and completely different from my waking state.

Sometimes I've woke up and felt awful, like very emotional and been like WTF is going on?! Then I have to get up and walk it off.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
The scary thing about dreams is that the events really happened, in a different world.

It's also the wonderful thing about dreams, depending on the dream...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I feel shame, fear, or anxiety in my dreams. Or invisible. I do not feel physical sensations unless it's a sexual dream. I'm not a vivid or lucid dreamer (wish I was).

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My dreams are very emotional as they are sensory, and its the only time I feel a sense of clarity with my emotions. Intense dreams gives me a sense of refreshment. Like a splash of cool water on my face on a hot day. I feel an incredible sense of connectivity as well, as I tend to bottle up my emotions and some parts of myself. Being in the dream world allows me to release that tension, as well witness my sense of connectivity to the universal energies.