• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] WHY would an ENTJ like an ENFP?

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Seriously. I want to know.

Think about it. ENFPs can be rambunctious, emotional, disorganized, zany, highly carefree, 'floaty', and the list goes on.

ENTJs (from what I know personally), are emotionally well-kept, rational, decisive, logical, calculating, focused, and the list also goes on.

In my opinion, ENTJs are almost entirely opposite than the ENFP. I would think an ENTJ would see the ENFP as aimless, without direction, and too emotional.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I know not all ENTJs are emotionless hard-asses, but really. Wouldn't the ENFP drive them up a wall?

Tell me what you think.

rav3n

I really enjoy interactions with emotionally healthy ENFPs. They're easy to understand, since they also use Te and Fi within their four primary functions. Since Fi is their aux, where it's our inferior, they can help us to understand it a bit better if we ask. We challenge their Te use.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My ENTJ best friend will now and then tell me I need to slack less, but apart from that we understand each other very well and mesh very well as well.

But I'm sure ENTJ would be a no no in terms of romantic relationship.

rav3n

You're welcome. You guys also help us to let loose a bit more since you won't jump our asses for being too domineering. :tongue:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hormones ... They are careless and non prejudiced in their choices.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Think about it. ENFPs can be rambunctious, emotional, disorganized, zany, highly carefree, 'floaty', and the list goes on.

I can't see anything that might be considered as a negative characteristic.

ENTJs (from what I know personally), are emotionally well-kept, rational, decisive, logical, calculating, focused, and the list also goes on.

Ahah, no...you might not have gotten to know them yet. I mean, not enough to see all their facets. I don't think we are that well-kept, rational and calculating. We're extraverts, can be impulsive and highly messy.

In my opinion, ENTJs are almost entirely opposite than the ENFP. I would think an ENTJ would see the ENFP as aimless, without direction, and too emotional.

Being aimless is not something I consider as a particularly negative asset, unless we're teaming for a darts tournament (lol). Being too emotional can be problematic insofar as there's a large amount of negative emotions floating around, but if it's a balanced emotionality, it doesn't hurt - it seems necessary in order to live a full life.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I know not all ENTJs are emotionless hard-asses, but really. Wouldn't the ENFP drive them up a wall?

Idk the only problem I could see with ENFPs would be if they tried to change too much their daily plans on a whim - being often late, etc. etc. so "pratical" problems. OTOH I personally have ENFP friends and I've never had these kind of problems with them.

I think ENFPs and ENTJs have a very similar sense of humor, too. They (we?) can understand typically "EN" jokes which many people miss and/or consider excessively zany :cheese: I've had a brief romantic relationship with an ENFP girl, but we both decided we were better suited for a friendship (read: there wasn't a particularly high degree of physical chemistry).

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think romantically, ENTJs would be better fit with INTPs. Both are dominant thinkers and intuitive, but with orientation reversed. ENFPs, on the other hand, are best fit with INFJs and INTJs.

rav3n

I think romantically, ENTJs would be better fit with INTPs. Both are dominant thinkers and intuitive, but with orientation reversed.
Shadow fascination! Almost narcissistic if you think about it. :tongue:

Unless both these types have well developed Fe and Fi, it's not going to work. Meltdown of inferior feeling functions are not a pretty sight.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because it follows the important conventions of MBTI relationship advice:

The perceiving function the same (N), the rest of the functions the opposite (all but E, in this case).

According to those rules, the best mate for an ENTJ is an INFP, and I guess it was an ENFP that caught their interest instead. It's not a hard rule, but the perceiving function rule is almost always true. But...

Yeah. So...

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Ditto.

Arcligh, you need to read about NLP.

I am practicing EFT myself.. NLP uses EFT at times.. But do you care to elaborate why? Its great to tell me what I need, and I am open to suggestion. But you are going to have to sell me something, before I just take your word for it ;)

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Shadow fascination! Almost narcissistic if you think about it. :tongue:

Unless both these types have well developed Fe and Fi, it's not going to work. Meltdown of inferior feeling functions are not a pretty sight.

The opposites attract colloquialism may sound good in theory but realistically it's horrible. I honestly wonder if it was created to justify pairings in which the two people only had sexual lust in common. According to one study that I came into contact with, the majority of successful relationships involve partners who share all but one letter, with N being the most important, followed by partners who share every one of the four letters. The frequency of successful relationships then decreases gradually until opposite types relationships are placed dead last. I also tend to find myself agreeing with the below three pages:

http://www.entjpersonality.info/2010/07/entj-intj-relationships.html
http://tastyresearch.com/2007/08/25/do-opposites-attract-or-do-people-look-for-similar-partners/
http://www.divorceandfamilylawblog.com/2009/07/opposites-attract-but-does-it.html

That said, ENTJs and ENFPs make brilliant friends since their shared Intuitive functions mean that they hold a large amount of the same values, such as creativity and imagination, in high regard.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I think romantically, ENTJs would be better fit with INTPs. Both are dominant thinkers and intuitive, but with orientation reversed. ENFPs, on the other hand, are best fit with INFJs and INTJs.

I would definitely not fit with an INTP. We'd drive each other crazy. I don't take well criticism from INTPs, and believe me they do dish out a lot of that (perhaps I deserve it - I don't know). I generally prefer feeling types, they give some spaz to the relationship.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yeah, Te and Fi.

i recently realized a good family friend of mine (she's the mom in the family, her daughter being around my age (maybe 23 or something)) - is an ENTJ, and we get along well. we're both curious about everything... plus she's hella curious about everything to do with people and i like talking about myself, so that works out. :laugh:

my mom (ESFJ) sometimes jokingly calls her "the interrogator" and gets really frustrated with her for it sometimes, but i dunno, it doesn't bother me. she's up front and easy to talk with. i think her sense of humor is kind of offensive to some people but i find it entertaining. she and my INTP dad get along great, too - they were med school pals. not that i never get annoyed with her, but as far as people go, i'd rather be stuck in an elevator with her over a lot of other people.

freeeekyyy said:
ENFPs, on the other hand, are best fit with INFJs and INTJs.

eh. i get along very well with INTJs and ENFJs, but not so much INFJs.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
eh. i get along very well with INTJs and ENFJs, but not so much INFJs.

Well, of course I'm speaking generally. It doesn't necessarily apply on an individual level. While my ideal mate is an ENFP, or failing that, an ENTP, the best way to go about finding somebody isn't to go by type, but to just meet somebody you like, get to know them, and then once you do know their type, use the information you know about that type to improve your interactions with them.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I am practicing EFT myself.. NLP uses EFT at times.. But do you care to elaborate why? Its great to tell me what I need, and I am open to suggestion. But you are going to have to sell me something, before I just take your word for it ;)

Because hormones are not the end all be all of human interaction anymore than atoms are ("oooh, atoms are everywhere and they are all involved so I need to understand how atoms work in order to understand human interaction". does that make sense to you?).

NLP talks about the importance of body language. I can't pick up on your hormones, but I can pick up on your body language, and it influences me much more directly. It's just an example though.

Bottom line, mention hormones one more time and we better take this outside.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
If only people were as intelligent as you and Bill Nye.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, of course I'm speaking generally. It doesn't necessarily apply on an individual level. While my ideal mate is an ENFP, or failing that, an ENTP, the best way to go about finding somebody isn't to go by type, but to just meet somebody you like, get to know them, and then once you do know their type, use the information you know about that type to improve your interactions with them.

oh, sure.

though what i've seen with ENFP-INFJ relations - ranging from online discussion to IRL - is that it has the capacity to go really excellent, or really horribly, more so than a lot of pairings.

i just wanted to point out that i don't fit that pattern, because, after all, if enough people don't fit a pattern, then it really isn't a pattern at all. Si skepticism i suppose :)