• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Detemine Function Questions: Ni vs. Ne

unicorn010

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
N/A
Lol...it depends on how much patience I have on the particular day or how excited I am...with making videos for example since I actually detest the tedium of puzzles, sometimes I'll
think over in my head what clips and what music would match, or I'll just jump right in and start from scratch, and have a laugh at the parts that really do not match.

ENTJ

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
An example would be all the threads you see on this board and INTPc where INTP's are constantly asking "what career field would make an INTP happy?", "I just can't seem to find the right career", etc, etc. INTJ's could moan and complain the same way we do, but they usually don't. They just pick a career and they go for it. And it may not be a "perfect fit", but they navigate through it as best they know how. INTP's are constantly thinking, "there's something else out there that would be better", there has to be another career field in the "circle of possibilities" that I haven't come across yet that will be more fulfilling.

geez, so true. nice description with the pie, and good points. also: P's a bitch sometimes.

this is the exact purpose of my thread asking INTJs about decision-making actually, lol. they go for things and don't tend to look back and moan and keep looking, like i do. i think sometimes that means they miss an opportunity, but at the same time it means that they're likely to be happier wherever they are at the moment, and to stick with it.

Te-dom, Ni-aux. B and then find all the edge pieces to create the framework for the puzzle. Then divide up the balance of the pieces into "same" area of puzzle piles through colour and pattern identification, then move onto each pile, complete the pile and hopefully be able to attach it to the framework. Then, onto the next pile, wash, rinse and repeat.

haha wow yeah that's basically what i do too.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In a bit of a narrow analogy:

-Ne skims the book for important information.
-Ni studies one or two important chapters thoroughly.

"Important," of course, is defined by the user.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
would you describe your perceptive ability as extensive or intensive?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ the only problem with this one is that someone who doesn't recognize Ti/Fi vs Ne might say intensive. my understanding of an individual person is very intensive, and i'm very real-world intuitive when it comes to people (not MBTI intuitive). i don't think, prior to studying, i would have recognized that difference, because i never saw myself as real-world "intuitive" when it comes to information. Ni seems more "intuitive" in the classic sense of the term.

really i think part of the problem with the attempt to come up with questions is that the parameters are completely MBTI-specific.

TacEight

MBTI Type
INTP
^ the only problem with this one is that someone who doesn't recognize Ti/Fi vs Ne might say intensive. my understanding of an individual person is very intensive, and i'm very real-world intuitive when it comes to people (not MBTI intuitive). i don't think, prior to studying, i would have recognized that difference, because i never saw myself as real-world "intuitive" when it comes to information. Ni seems more "intuitive" in the classic sense of the term.

really i think part of the problem with the attempt to come up with questions is that the parameters are completely MBTI-specific.

While it's true they are strongly MBTI specific, the questions can be phrased ambiguously or without a reader's knowledge as to the intent. In fact that objectivity would be favorable if I could access such questions. I've already got a great start looking at someone else's test and seeing how the questions can be applied, but it still needs a lot of refining. Thanks to all so far for your questions :)

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP

I relate to this, SO MUCH! I used to test as an ESTP because I'd keep putting the S-friendly answers instead of the N-friendly answers, because those questions painted intuition as such a touchy-feely-abstract sort of style which I didn't want to identify with

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP

Also, if I may add, I think that the other part of the problem is that MBTI is ultimately just a rough framework that can only be broadly rather than precisely accurate about people in general!

TacEight

MBTI Type
INTP
I relate to this, SO MUCH! I used to test as an ESTP because I'd keep putting the S-friendly answers instead of the N-friendly answers, because those questions painted intuition as such a touchy-feely-abstract sort of style which I didn't want to identify with

You've successfully hit on the goal of why I am trying to develop a "new system." I want to offer choices which are not better or worse than each other by any average person's standard. Removing bias altogether is not possible, but to ask the question "is your desk/work area clean and organized or dirty and cluttered," one of the two are obviously "better" answers. It is thus that encouraged me to test and even believe and develop as an INTJ over an INTP for so long.