• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJ-INTP first date

dmm2442

MBTI Type
INTP
I was told by a friend a little while ago that I would be a perfect match for one of her friends. So, I got her E-mail address and sent her a message. After that we started to message each other about once a week. Then I decided to call her and ask her out on a date. We decided to go to a Science Museum. Well last Saturday we went.

At first it was sort of awkward. We could not really get any conversation going, but then I did something stupid(couldn't figure out the elevator) and she could not stop laughing. After that everything flowed perfectly. We were talking about anything and everything. We didn't pay much attention to things at the Museum, just each other. I found it very entertaining on how she didn't always get my humor. For instance there were some small funeral boxes that looked just like coffins. I said man people must have been small back then. She just went on to explain how they were buried and later the bones were dug up and put into them. Then looked back at my big smile and would smile back. We ended up spending about 5 hours there and at the end both told each other that we had a great time and we should do it again sometime.

For me the first date was a blast I was expecting the worst, hopefully she feels the same.

My question is for INTJ women. From here how do I not screw this up? Do you have any tips for the second date? Any other information would be well appreciated. Thanks.

david

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Sounds like y'all have chemistry.

Don't over think this. Don't construct theories/strategies about the relationship. Spend time with her and try to get to know her. Continue to act naturally.

You know, enjoy her and be enjoyable to be around without trying too hard.

Anyway that's my general relationshipping strategy.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Already screwing it up by asking advice on how not to screw it up.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sort out your punctuation.
Those INTJs eat that shit up.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The question is: How can you screw it up?

There is 'good meaning' in failures my child.

dmm2442

MBTI Type
INTP
I would be doomed if it came down to punctuation.

Craft

Good point I don't date much, so at least I will get some experience.

RXConquistador

MBTI Type
INTP
2nd date ideas from an INTP guy who's college girlfriend was an INTJ.

Play Apples to Apples with a group.

INTJs don't like how INTPs change rules of game. Or maybe they do :)

Mini golf. INTJs are very competitive, INTPs don't give a crap about winning, we just like to play.

Go to a Mall and people watch. Write down comments about the people (make fun of them) on a piece of paper. Keep the piece of paper as a memento, as the INTJ will want to recycle it.

Eventually this relationship is headed for disaster, get to that point as quick as you can & if it moves beyond that, great!

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

This. Nothing turns me on more than excellent grammar, except perhaps quantum physics.

What about Shiet Happens? They seem to write in chatspeak sometimes even.

You seem to be making the mistake of taking for granted that everyone who self-identifies as a certain type is actually that type.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
oh plz.... so what? They have INTJs on battlenet, dont they? they conform.

I bet it was an INTJ script kiddy that came up with leetspeak to begin with. Preening bastages, all of you INTJs!!!

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
You seem to be making the mistake of taking for granted that everyone who self-identifies as a certain type is actually that type.

And I think you're making the mistake of taking for granted that everyone who is an INTJ will care a lot about grammar.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
And I think you're making the mistake of taking for granted that everyone who is an INTJ will care a lot about grammar.

Hurr, not quite, but it's a foolish endeavour to use mistyped people as an example of deviation from the norm of said type.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9

This is a good one. I'm known for dumping men with bad grammar. No matter how nice they are in real life, seeing bad grammar in an e-mail, not to mention text messages, is a turn-off for me.

Also, don't appear insecure (doing whatever it takes to keep her from reading this thread can help). I like guys who know what they want.

If you do something that can be seen as stupid (you will know that when you hear a sarcastic remark from her), don't make it again. I can "tolerate" stupidity only once.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Don't overthink it. If an INTJ has decided they like you, they LIKE you. Just be a man, take the lead, and don't smother her too much. You'll be fine.

I love the chemistry I have with INTPs. :)
But not as much as the chemistry I have with ENFPs. Anyone sick of my love for ENFPs yet? :wubbie:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This. Nothing turns me on more than excellent grammar, except perhaps quantum physics.
I prefer solid state physics myself, but you are on the right track. I've been with an INTP for over 10 years now, though, who has mediocre grammar and atrocioius spelling. Fortunately there are other compensations.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Hurr, not quite, but it's a foolish endeavour to use mistyped people as an example of deviation from the norm of said type.

How should I know if they are mistyped? I haven't even seen them here that much.