• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Fun and humorous INTJs?

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I have a close IXTJ friend, who I think leans heavily towards INTJ, who is actually well-known in our ~social circle for his improvisational acting skills. He's also funny in general, but if you don't know him it'd be easy to think he wasn't joking. That's when people get offended and/or believe lies (jokes) he tells about himself... Or, alternately, people can't tell when he's being serious. so he can tell you something really personal that's actually true, and pass it off as a joke. He's a really good actor, but can be extremely awkward. I think being together somehow multiplies our awkwardness around people we don't know that well.
Most of our conversations go something like this...

Me: You have friends besides me?
Him:No. They're more like compensated acquaintances.
And by compensated acquaintances, I mean hookers.

Me: I hate how when I'm trying to loiter in a bookstore the people who work there always bother me. Specifically, a man with a long ponytail, a receding hairline, and an obnoxious Hawaiian shirt. He always seems to be wearing one...
him: You seem like the kind of person to loiter around bookstores. And if they wear Hawaiian shirts and ponytails they automatically give up the right to authority. Report him to the manager.
Me: He is the manager.
Him: Then he is defunct as a manger. Report him to the police.

and on facebook: Thank you for commenting on me getting hacked. I'm glad we're good friends.

...maybe we just have a similar, odd sense of humor.
But anyway, hopefully this is a good example of INTJ humor. Hopefully my INTPness isn't too distracting.

Sibams

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
5w4
My CDT design teacher is an INTJ. I know for sure because he actually agreed to do the MBTI test with me when i newly discovered it. He's got a really good sense of humour and loves telling stories, but when he gets serious, he gets serious.

Overall, he's a really cool guy.

S

SingSmileShine

I agree with the Sheldon Cooper-ers. I was gonna suggest that - he might be the funniest person on television right now! Unintentionally, of course, but hilarious no less.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Been compared to Sheldon Cooper before.. more than once. It kinda feels insulting though.

And everyone laughs at me when I tell them that I don't intend to get married and want to live with 2 cats (named "the cat" and "the other cat"). Or when I talk about my Swedish ex-room-mate. Or when I talk about my family and non-work related stuff. OTZ

Actually, people think I'm funny for loads of things that I'm serious about.. and call me "weird" all the time. I'm sociable and "nice" (I'm not nice, just two-faced) though.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i know one that makes my stomach hurt from laughing. so dry. so caustic! love riffing with him.

V

violaine

My SO is this kind of INTJ. He is hilarious, though, only shows it in his personal life. Everyone he works with thinks he's ice cold. I love that about him.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
One of my best friends is an intj... To get his humor you have to be extremely imaginative so I feel like im one of the few people that understand his humor. It usually sounds as if it were in a movie and usually is just a degrading comment about the environment or the people in the environment.

Just read this whole thread - pretty funny.

I think the above is especially on point.

What I've noticed about our (or, at the very least, my) humor is that it's often funny to the unbiased, impartial, uninvolved, objective, disinterested observer, but not to those who are partial, involved, interested observers. This is how I've explained it to myself in the past: we're like the character in a book or movie or show who says the dry, witty, assholish comment, deriding the idiocy of someone or some group around us, and the ridiculous manner in which they're behaving, and, when we do, those who are involved in, partial to, and have an interest in the idiocy we are commenting on/deriding/mocking, well, do not appreciate our mockery of them, and thus do not find it funny. Ever notice that the characters in a show/movie never actually laugh at such commentary?

But the AUDIENCE, the impartial, objective, unbiased, disinterested, uninvolved, third party audience, they find our mockery hilarious, because they can see the situation for what it is, with disinterested, uninvolved eyes, and they see the lunacy we are poking fun at. They are part of the joke, but they are not the subject of the joke, and, as such, have no reason to take offense. They can just laugh.

INTJ humor, artfully executed, can reach the heights of satire, sardonicism, irony, and wit.

It is not for all, though. As some wise asshole once said, "Irony is lost on the dumb."

Nicodemus

My SO is this kind of INTJ. He is hilarious, though, only shows it in his personal life. Everyone he works with thinks he's ice cold. I love that about him.
My flatmate (an ESFP, I think) believes that I lack emotions. When we played a German equivalent of Mafia with too many of his friends, one of those I had not met before said at the end that I am 'impossible to read' because I 'just look down' and 'do not show any reaction'. My flatmate was overjoyed to have his false impression confirmed. The truth is, the game is boring and always played with far too much and too loud chatter among the players. Nevertheless, they laughed at my jokes.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm like that with my friends and family. With other people, I'm mostly serious, though I occasionally make a few jokes (my seriousness may be due to my shyness however). For the most part though, it really just depends on the circumstances: I know when to be serious and when to enjoy myself.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It all depends on how one defines fun, and humor. I have plenty of fun, though others don't always see it that way, or appreciate my humor.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
edit: doubt I'm an intj, so my post was irrelevant

Last edited by a moderator: