• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs - Most Important in a Partner

Which is the most important asset in a partner?

• Mind - I'm a male NT

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Mind - I'm a female NT

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Body including face - I'm a male NT

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Body including face - I'm a female NT

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Heart - I'm a male NT

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Heart - I'm a female NT

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

rav3n

Definitions:

Mind - intellectual capacity
Body - face and body
Heart - emotional capacity

Of the three listed, pick the most important in a partner.

Nicodemus

Sorry, heart? I would combine heart and mind to character and choose that.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'm probably going to go against the grain by saying this - but I'm going to choose "heart". here is my rationale:

1) Having a mind meld with someone is great, no doubt, but I have realized the value of being able to find a partner that can offer me insight on areas that I don't usually see, like the realm of romantic gestures, and expressing tenderness. When I get that from somebody I am thrilled because I don't usually behave that way. It is an appreciation for someone who has something that I may not. It makes me feel like I can let my guard down a little instead of being so detached, like I would end up being with someone with a heavy focus on intellect. Don't get me wrong - I'm not looking for a drop in IQ or something - but I would like it if the relationship didn't have to be an analysis of everything all the time. I already do enough thinking and judging for my own good. Sometimes just going with the flow and expressing your feelings is the appropriate thing.

2) The body's attraction is - obviously - a fleeting thing. While I'd hope that both myself and a partner could be attractive, I hold that with a slightly less equal weight than intellect. Plus, as we age the reality is that everything is just gonna get uglier as time goes on. I'd much rather have an endearing intellect or gentle spirit to relate to when I'm saggy and baggy.

In the scheme of things, I'm probably looking at a point spread of MIND: 34% BODY: 28% HEART: 38% or something like that.

T

ThatGirl

If you would have asked me before, I probably would have said something along the lines of everything. Now that I am older though, I could see myself saying something along the lines of,"Leave the thinking to me dear, why don't you just relax and look pretty for me...okay? I'll there in a second."

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'Tis a tossup between mind and heart.

Body is great, and I am highly superficial sometimes (aren't most of us?) but a man is a man and that is what counts.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I vote money. Just kidding. I think heart is the most important of the three. Mind doesn't mean much if the other person isn't loving or caring. Body is far the least important of the three. I still admit I would prefer someone attractive but I would far be more likely to seek a good heart and a good mind over a good body.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
intellectual equality

Best measured when going into bed with a woman. Only happend once so far in my life and before it happened I dint even know about it.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Heart.

Because loveless relationships aren't worth my time.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the end, I go with mind. I seek out mind more than heart. While heart is insanely important, I cannot date someone of lesser intelligence than I. I just can't do it.

Unless I intend on just using them. Which I don't do.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You do not have to seek out for someone with heart, if your own is at the right place. That doesnt mean your partner could be heartless, no. its an attitude:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
You're right. Id have to say mind is far more important. Someone that gets me mentally is great.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I'd say heart. As I said when I accidentally answered the other thread thinking it was this one, I'd rather have an averaged brained person who cares for me and others than an emotionally distant and uncaring genius. But I doubt I'd have to choose between one. If a person did not fulfill both of these to a reasonable degree, I would probably not want them as a partner.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Heart.

Because she must complete me.

This only my personal opinion, but I think relationships of completion are destiened to be fail. In a relationship it should be more like tossing the ball around to each other. If someone's totally retarded to catch it, tis wont work.

Then again I just think its an attitude to say one is retarded and most people who say that aint.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's what I need at the moment.

I'm sick of tossing balls around.

I want stability.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is stability within the rules of the game of ball tossing.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
It's what I need at the moment.

I'm sick of tossing balls around.

I want stability.

Woah. Hold on. ENTP wanting STABILITY?

But I'm rather the same, even though I've never really been in a romantic relationship. In fact it's probably why. If I had a relationship, I'd want it to be serious. Not serious like all stoic and stuff, just like not a game or a fling or anything.