• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs - Most Important in a Partner

Which is the most important asset in a partner?

• Mind - I'm a male NT

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Mind - I'm a female NT

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Body including face - I'm a male NT

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Body including face - I'm a female NT

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Heart - I'm a male NT

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Heart - I'm a female NT

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Heart.

My reasoning being that as someone stated on the first page, a companion who has a sharp mind is only interesting for a bit. I'd rather have someone who could show me that feelings aren't all that bad to have.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm really shocked only 3 ppl selected body.

I think it's because it doesn't sound appealing:
Body including face.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I'm really shocked only 3 ppl selected body.

I think it's because it doesn't sound appealing:
Body including face.

What’s the point, especially in a long term relationship? The appeal of the human body goes down the crapper after a certain age. Barring Dementia and Alzheimer’s, the mind and heart are far more resilient.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Did someone yet say a 4-axes free movement turnable servo motor or am I way off ? :D

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
This is a terrible poll. Intellectual or emotional "capacity"?

Compatibility cannot be trivialized to those factors.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I agree. I brought it up eariler, but they would not change it. I explained that emotional capacity was just someone's ability for a certain level of emotion and was not at all an accurate summary of personality, and that intellectual capacity was simply intelligence, and not even a designated type of intelligence at that, and could hardly be well measured or used as a way to determine how happy someone would make you. A personality is made up of far more varying factors than this.

For some reason, they wanted to keep it exactly how it is.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Woah. Hold on. ENTP wanting STABILITY?

yeah... i think it's kind of an eventual Ne dom desire... either someone with J or dom Ti or something to help hold us down :shock:

If I had a relationship, I'd want it to be serious. Not serious like all stoic and stuff, just like not a game or a fling or anything.

i suspect i've passed up a few potential relationships because they were those "let's see what develops" kind of deals. i don't want to see what develops. i want to make it happen.

A

A window to the soul

1. Mind
A brilliant 'Mind' is incredibly appealing. Throw in a little 'Heart' (not too much), now we're talkin' sexy. One without the other is not fulfilling.

Some might say the 'Body' is a reflection of what's on the inside...

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Heart. To help me thaw me out a bit. Relationships should have warm-fuzzies and that's something I can't provide.

Mind is for work. I'd like a partner I can turn off with.

I've got a minimum body threshold but it's not that high.

I've been chasing enfp's recently.

rav3n

Once you've had the mind meld, you'll never go back. Mind trumps everything by a long shot.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree. I brought it up eariler, but they would not change it. I explained that emotional capacity was just someone's ability for a certain level of emotion and was not at all an accurate summary of personality, and that intellectual capacity was simply intelligence, and not even a designated type of intelligence at that, and could hardly be well measured or used as a way to determine how happy someone would make you. A personality is made up of far more varying factors than this.

For some reason, they wanted to keep it exactly how it is.

The technical definition and the relative definition are different.

You're putting emphasis on the technical definition, which would be the capacity for a person to be filled with emotion, much like the capacity for a gas tank to hold gas.

What the OP probably meant was a person's average emotional capacity; they probably meant how much a person is filled with emotional energy, like the average amount of gasoline filled in the tank. I took the choice as meaning the amount of importance a mate put on feeling and nurturing emotion.

TacEight

MBTI Type
INTP
Specific body types will almost always be more attractive to people, based almost entirely on the environment they grew up in. Watching TV, reading magazines, even passing by billboards on the side of the road will encourage us all to feel more strongly about a specific body type. This is brought on primarily by the Exposure Effect, thus (in my perspective) negates the possibility of the "body" as being a truly meaningful and "primary" reason to be with someone.

The heart vs. the mind would be a matter more of opinion. I've spent the last 8 years of my life with heart-focused persons, who helped me grow past a lot of my own strong Te/Ti-like tendencies. Now I feel like I've grown in the necessary areas, and am more interested (and thus attracted to) a Thinker, preferable a Ti.

In my life currently, I'd say Mind. As Winston Churchill said, "If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain."

mysavior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IT
Mind? Someone has left the lot of you confused. That's what friends are for. For a "partner" the goal is "not stupid," not necessarily "smart."

Anyway, for me..

Heart, body, mind-- all assuming basic competencies.