• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Just took a function test

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
This is something I've never done before and I got some interesting results.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.6)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.8)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************** (22.4)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************** (35.7)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (45.8)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.2)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.6)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP

So yeah, like I expected, INTP, but the most interesting thing is my Fi and Fe. My Fe, which is normally expected to be strong with INTPs, is only average, but my Fi is through the roof. Though honestly I always thought I was more an Fi person. I have a strong value system and sense of general good will among my peers. I feel very deeply for my friends. Is it unusual (or impossible and I've screwed up my test) to have both a very strong Ti and Fi? I've often felt that I am both strongly logical and emotional.

Huh... I really don't know quite what to make of this. What do you think?

P

Phantonym

Don't rely too much on tests. You might just be having a strong Ti-Fi day. Tomorrow is always another day. :laugh:

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I actually think it seems quite accurate. Problem is it seems to contradict the expectencies of the MBTI. Is it always that your T and F must be opposite (and the same for the others) or is that more of a 'This is the most likely circumstance' thing?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Although I have heard that the Fe and Si together can be a bit like Fi. Is that possible?

P

Phantonym

You'll lose your mind before you can make all the pieces fit together. It doesn't have to be a problem, expectancies or not. Wait 'til the functions gurus get here, you'll drown in information then, you might get enlightened...or not. But don't mind me, I'm just passing by, raining on the expectancies parade. :whistling:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
*takes off hat and adjusts alongside in the rain*

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Take it to Morgan Le Fay! She's a Ti-Fi INTP, methinks. :cheese:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hey, Entropie, you're a J now! I thought there was something I or J or both about you. Also, I have no idea where that's from or what it means.

I am pretty unsure about my type since day 1. When I took the test the first time about 2 1/2 years ago, I got ENTJ, but after prolonged stay on this forum, I rather thought it's ENTP. Nowadays I am still caught in between the decision on a type and my main problem is I want the type to reflect me, but I cant reflect myself.

That's complicated to understand. I've made my decision on what I want to be for myself a long time ago. Namely I want to run something one day, a farm, a business, maybe a good job in administration; I like responsibility and I want to at least patent one invention in my life. So all things considered, and there are more, I'll spare you details, it's pretty clear for me that I would be ENTJ judging from the things I want.

The problem I have is, I totally suck at reflecting myself. It's like I am blind to the things I do. Before I learned about mbti I havent even known the word introspection and it was my girlfriend who majorily helped me to have a mirror in front of my own face. I lately asked her, if she would say that I am a guy who likes to plan things. She lol'd loudly and said that I am planning important job things, dates or university exams 6 weeks in advance; that I am imagining scenarios on how things can develop for me after certain results to things and that my only problem is that I am too lazy to actually learn for exams or my grades would be way better.

Well she's right about that, nevertheless on every occasion asked if I am good at planning, I tend to say no.

I still like to say no to this question till today, but I am convinced more now that it is a lie. I am hesitant on taking responsibility and I often need to be thrown in cold water to start swimming or I need a mentor who guides me the way. I am very hesitant on deciding for myself upon a way on which I want to embark in life and that's probably because I am unsure about what I want for myself shortterm. Options so far are a career in politics, engineering or sales / project management; those are all cool and I am still looking for the job that brings em all together in One.

Ok that's my story, I took the cognitive test too once more to give you a reference for your studies about functions. Here it is:

--------------------------------------

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se)
******************************* (31.2)
good use

introverted Sensing (Si)
****************** (18.9)
limited use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne)
************************** (26)
average use

introverted Intuiting (Ni)
******************************** (32.1)
good use

extraverted Thinking (Te)
************************************************ (48.3)
excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti)
*************************************** (39.3)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe)
*********************** (23.7)
limited use

introverted Feeling (Fi)
******************** (20.9)
limited use

Summary Analysis of Profile

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTJ, or ESTP

--------------------------------------------

You should study the functions, if they intrest you, they are pretty intresting. But when determing your type and that is what sky_is_blue and I meant above, functions behave like molecules: you can count all molecules in the air or find out of what type they are, it will not tell you the weather. This means in the end, it's the connection of functions, which form the über-function that is type, if you know what I try to say here :)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
My Fe, which is normally expected to be strong with INTPs

Where did you get this?
I've seen conflicting reports, with some giving the order as "Ti, Ne, Si, Fe" and others stating that Fe is the weakest, least developed function in INTPs. The latter meshes with my own observations from various threads in which people list their tested function order, where Fi appears stronger than Fe far more often than the reverse and Fe rarely rates as strongly used.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...matrices/33727-share-your-function-order.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...matrices/35311-rank-all-8-your-functions.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/online-personality-tests/31276-cognitive-processes-test.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/online-personality-tests/7448-cognitive-processes-test.html

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Where did you get this?
I've seen conflicting reports, with some giving the order as "Ti, Ne, Si, Fe" and others stating that Fe is the weakest, least developed function in INTPs. The latter meshes with my own observations from various threads in which people list their tested function order, where Fi appears stronger than Fe far more often than the reverse and Fe rarely rates as strongly used.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...matrices/33727-share-your-function-order.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...matrices/35311-rank-all-8-your-functions.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/online-personality-tests/31276-cognitive-processes-test.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/online-personality-tests/7448-cognitive-processes-test.html

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean it was supposed to be particularly strong, but it's supposed to be higher than Fi according to most type descriptions, where it is fourth, like you said with Ti Ne Si Fe being the highest functions. According too this my top 4 are Ti, Fi, Ne, Te and then Si, Ni, Fe, Se.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Oh, sorry. I didn't mean it was supposed to be particularly strong, but it's supposed to be higher than Fi according to most type descriptions, where it is fourth, like you said with Ti Ne Si Fe being the highest functions. According too this my top 4 are Ti, Fi, Ne, Te and then Si, Ni, Fe, Se.

That went to both points. Fe > Fi seems the exception rather than the rule in the results in the threads I linked.

[Putting aside the issue of how representative/confused the posters in the threads may be]

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Your Fe shouldn't be too high at all, and that's reflected in your test. High Fi INTPs I think are just confused. You're allowed to have emotions without Fi. For me, both Fi and Fe are suppressed. But, this may be because I intellectualize my emotions and values and just consider them thoughts. So maybe I'm low Fi via emotional reclassification? lol.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Your Fe shouldn't be too high at all, and that's reflected in your test. High Fi INTPs I think are just confused. You're allowed to have emotions without Fi. For me, both Fi and Fe are suppressed. But, this may be because I intellectualize my emotions and values and just consider them thoughts. So maybe I'm low Fi via emotional reclassification? lol.

Well when there was the Soccer Cup you showed alot of F easily. Think you're a bit hard on yourself.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I definitely get worked up over sports. But they're not cognitive functions being expressed, just emotional energy.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well dont underestimate that. Sports are an instrument in which you almost always present a subjective opinion to the rest of the world. This a great relief function to an otherwise T guy who cares for objectivism in his daily life.