• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTJ's vs. ISTJ's

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTJ's, how do you consider yourself different from ISTJ's? I know you have Ni and they have Si and you are N and they are S but:

(a) what do you notice about/within yourself that is different from ISTJ's?
and,
(b) what would other people see in you that would be drastically different from what they might see in ISTJ's?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
And how do you think those differences would play out in, say, a work environment? (i.e., you have more foresight, but they are better at details, etc, etc.)

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
ISTJs are accountants. INTJs are the accountants' bosses.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Before I knew about typology and got to know myself, I think I tried to be like people I knew who were ISTJs/ESTJs. I was an accounting major and passed the CPA exam. There were certain things I just wasn't as good at though:
- remembering facts and detailed specifics
- being able to explain things in a detailed step by step way
- being able to explain my thought process
- remembering and applying rules and procedures
- they were faster and more accurate at routine tasks

Really, I think I felt I had a poor memory and was a bit defective but if I worked harder than them, I could achieve more, which largely worked.

In earlier years (school), I found the INTJ gifts to not be as valuable - or at least I didn't recognize them as such. Creativity, navigating through ambiguity, ability to understand the picture and details and then set the direction - none of these things were particularly useful in school. After I got into the business world, I found that many of the aptitudes that I had were quite useful though.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Get dem INTJs, get dem :workout:.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Why are you asking these questions? The questions seem too broad for me to answer, I might be able to help if I why you want to know the differences

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Before I knew about typology and got to know myself, I think I tried to be like people I knew who were ISTJs/ESTJs. I was an accounting major and passed the CPA exam. There were certain things I just wasn't as good at though:
- remembering facts and detailed specifics
- being able to explain things in a detailed step by step way
- being able to explain my thought process
- remembering and applying rules and procedures
- they were faster and more accurate at routine tasks

Really, I think I felt I had a poor memory and was a bit defective but if I worked harder than them, I could achieve more, which largely worked.

In earlier years (school), I found the INTJ gifts to not be as valuable - or at least I didn't recognize them as such. Creativity, navigating through ambiguity, ability to understand the picture and details and then set the direction - none of these things were particularly useful in school. After I got into the business world, I found that many of the aptitudes that I had were quite useful though.

Great response. Thanks.

Why are you asking these questions? The questions seem too broad for me to answer, I might be able to help if I why you want to know the differences

Because I know a lot of INTJ's and also a lot of ISTJ's and I was wondering what the INTJ perspective was on ISTJ's.