• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Discoloration

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
We all know our types, and they're often accurate in describing who we are,

but we each have personal experiences that make our personalities a little "off" from the description.

For instance: I am rational, forceful, and assertive, like any strongly expressed ENTJ, but I am somewhat restrained with it.

Why? Because I've made alot of mistakes in the past, and because of that, I strongly value experience.

What sets you apart from your type?

rav3n

For instance: I am rational, forceful, and assertive, like any strongly expressed ENTJ, but I am somewhat restrained with it.

Why? Because I've made alot of mistakes in the past, and because of that, I strongly value experience.
Sorry to be a bit off-topic but these two paragraphs made me think of Jaguar's DISC thread which might be helpful to you for figuring out what drives you. Focus on the natural vs adaptive styles.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/1285491-post1.html

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm slightly more aware of people's feelings than the average INTJ. I try not to act like an arrogant ass. Of course, that's relative. I'm no NF.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am an extremely competent sweet talker (in comparison to your "average" NT).

There are 2 Fe-doms in my immediate family and I have an ENFJ best friend.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Well I can feel pretty emotional for an NT, but I always try to be objective and rational and have a strong desire for accuracy and competency, as is the norm for INTPs.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
That I'm a damn good impromptu speaker and I get highs when I speak in front of crowds, act, perform etc.

Unfortunately afterwards I get major lows, placing me back in the I range.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That I'm a damn good impromptu speaker and I get highs when I speak in front of crowds, act, perform etc.

Unfortunately afterwards I get major lows, placing me back in the I range.

Must be the Fe. I don't think I could ever pull that off.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Must be the Fe. I don't think I could ever pull that off.

My partner-in-crime on the debate team is an ISTJ, so maybe you could. His second event, extemporaneous speaking, has 30 minutes of prep-time for a 6 minute political analysis speech (Should Pakistan be involved in Afghanistan peace talks?); Your Ni could be invaluable there.

On the other hand my second event, impromptu, I get one minute for a five minute speech that's generally about an abstract concept (happiness, vitality, "Water Under The Bridge"), and yeah I admit, takes skill :p

This is why I have such a hard time accepting that I could be an INTP rather than an ENTP, because I was definitely an ENTP when I first signed up. Since then though I've gone through major angst and depression and I generally hate talking to people, only making me more angst and depressed. Some bad habits re-arose.

Meh, beats me.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My partner-in-crime on the debate team is an ISTJ, so maybe you could. His second event, extemporaneous speaking, has 30 minutes of prep-time for a 6 minute political analysis speech (Should Pakistan be involved in Afghanistan peace talks?); Your Ni could be invaluable there.

On the other hand my second event, impromptu, I get one minute for a five minute speech that's generally about an abstract concept (happiness, vitality, "Water Under The Bridge"), and yeah I admit, takes skill :p

This is why I have such a hard time accepting that I could be an INTP rather than an ENTP, because I was definitely an ENTP when I first signed up. Since then though I've gone through major angst and depression and I generally hate talking to people, only making me more angst and depressed. Some bad habits re-arose.

Meh, beats me.

There's a thread comparing extraversion with social anxiety, which you might be interested in checking out. People who have gone through serious trauma are more likely to behave as introverts, even when it is not natural for them.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/online-personality-tests/1557-introversion-vs-social-anxiety-quiz.html

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
There's a thread comparing extraversion with social anxiety, which you might be interested in checking out. People who have gone through serious trauma are more likely to behave as introverts, even when it is not natural for them.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/online-personality-tests/1557-introversion-vs-social-anxiety-quiz.html

I love how we're having three conversations at once :p

No, I'm pretty sure it's introversion, with social anxiety not helping out. INTPs can be confident amongst good friends. But even at that: ENTPs are prone to be the most introverted of the extroverts. That's what I love about the ENTP type, even as just a theory: the sheer dichotomy and power that it presents. I'm fucking obsessed.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love how we're having three conversations at once :p

No, I'm pretty sure it's introversion, with social anxiety not helping out. INTPs can be confident amongst good friends. But even at that: ENTPs are prone to be the most introverted of the extroverts. That's what I love about the ENTP type, even as just a theory: the sheer dichotomy and power that it presents. I'm fucking obsessed.

Have you considered taking a cognitive functions test? I mean, unless you already have. Depending on whether your Ti or Ne is higher, that could help to determine whether you are INTP or ENTP.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Have you considered taking a cognitive functions test? I mean, unless you already have. Depending on whether your Ti or Ne is higher, that could help to determine whether you are INTP or ENTP.

There was this good one but now I can't submit results. Any link?

I think that there's some 'practice effect' that you get when taking too many of these, because you know what description corresponds to what function and it subtley influences the results.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There was this good one but now I can't submit results. Any link?

I think that there's some 'practice effect' that you get when taking too many of these, because you know what description corresponds to what function and it subtley influences the results.

This is really a good one. I've used it a couple times and have seen many others use it too.

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
This is really a good one. I've used it a couple times and have seen many others use it too.

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************** (32.4)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.3)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.3)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.3)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.4)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************** (26.2)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24.1)
average use

It said ENTP, then INTP or ESTP if their profile didn't fit.

Actually I'm wondering how the hell my Se is so high :p Maybe I got it in me and just need to get it out.

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ

Actually I'm wondering how the hell my Se is so high :p Maybe I got it in me and just need to get it out.

Careful with the tests. Self-expectation often biases your results.

If I had a recommendation, balance that with someone else's observations,

Preferably a mix-&-match of NTs and NFs. Just make sure the NFs
1. Actually care about your well-being (good friend, not just aquaintance)
2. Don't know that you want to become extroverted

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************** (32.4)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.3)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.3)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.3)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.4)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************** (26.2)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24.1)
average use

Your scores still show a preference for Ti over Ne, and Si over Fe as well. It would appear that you are an INTP, maybe with a stronger Ne than usual. I've actually shown a higher Te than Ni on several tests, yet I still know that I am definitely not an ENTJ, because if Te and Ni ever come in conflict, Ni wins. Also, my Fi is considerably higher than my Se, which is practically nonexistent.