• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT confidence

Nicodemus

I am not familiar with whatever that is, but in Germany there is a man named Helge Schneider who very much impersonates the concept.

Edit: I googled: Yes, that.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
I am not familiar with whatever that is, but in Germany there is a man named Helge Schneider who very much impersonates the concept.

Edit: I googled: Yes, that.

I'm as much a fan of dissonance as anybody, but I don't think as explicit as a 4chan joke.

How do you feel about Monty Python?

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Why can't women make up their minds?

That's a generalization! Not all women can't make up their minds, in fact a lot of them can.

I'm guessing you're asking this question because the experiences you've had with women who couldn't make up their minds stand out in your memory- which is a sort of selection bias with the same sort of logic as "I always get shitty hands in poker" or "I always have to wait really long for the bus."

But okay, suppose we refine your question to "why is it that women sometimes don't make up their minds?" You could attribute it to sheer randomness. Men don't always make up their minds, too. Sometimes you make up your mind, sometimes you don't.

Further refinement- "Why does it bother me that women sometimes don't make up their minds?"

I will have to ask, then- does it bother you only when women don't make up their minds? What about if and when men don't make up their minds? Do indecisive men bother you? If so, then the problem is your inability to deal with indecisiveness in general, which is something you can personally work on and transcend. If not, then you may be a bit biased.

The next question to ask is- do women also find other women indecisive? If yes, does it bother them? If no, perhaps they simply want to weigh more options?

Perhaps it is possible that men and women are wired differently, or brought up differently, or more likely, some combination of the two. Women, in the conventional, traditional sense, have to deal with children, one another, and generally more social situations that require the navigation of more nuances and subtleties. As such it should come to no surprise that they are perhaps a little bit more likely to consider more options, and for longer periods of time. Men on the other hand, in the conventional, traditional sense, tend to be in a lot more structured roles that require decisive action. Men are more likely to think "fight or flee" while women are more likely to consider a whole range of alternatives.

Of course, you can never predict individual behaviour. There are and will always be men who are more indecisive than the typical women, and women who are more decisive than the typical man. I would suggest that you worry not so much about people in general (unless that is something you are personally interested in pursuing!) and try to make it a point to communicate effectively to the people in your life you might care about (say your girlfriend, or sister) that you value and would appreciate decisiveness. Find some compromise somewhere.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll make this up.

how do you do that? seriously though, most NTs i know project certainty, even when they don't always believe themselves or have totally sure footing. how?​

I trust my thinking process (or at least am honest about the flaws in it, so I'm aware where I might be off). I might have flaws in my conclusions because of lack of information and/or wrong information, but I trust HOW I think.

Since I'm honest with myself about what I know and don't know, and where there might be holes in my conclusions, there's nothing to get weird about. I'm not "taking leaps," I'm just confident about the things I think I truly know.

My most favorite Monty Python moment is perhaps the shrubbery scene.

I like the one about the cheapest funeral possible... too bad they never finish the sketch.