• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJs, first time failures

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
To all my fellow ENTJs:

How do you overcome a bad first impression towards others?

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
why did you post twice...? i would also like to kno too, but you prbly just show them that you arn't what they though you were over time

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
if you mean my horrendous typing, i type like that cuz it saves time...

and i don't think any of my friends would think im scatterbrained in social situations... i feel like you think i have no social skills -.- besiiides u only see me once a week at most

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
if you mean my horrendous typing, i type like that cuz it saves time...

and i don't think any of my friends would think im scatterbrained in social situations... i feel like you think i have no social skills -.- besiiides u only see me once a week at most

Much better. Now please, excuse the trivialities. Any thoughts on this topic?

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I don't give a shit. I treat them like I do everyone else...and if they don't like me, screw them. It can bother me at times, but generally I don't care. Their loss.

However, if it is a boss?
I charm the fucking pants off them, usually in a way where they know I'm being completely insincere, but one where if they don't play nice they are the ones that look like the jerk.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's quite unfortunate if you screw up your impression the first time you meet someone, because after 5 seconds, the impression is rather cemented. That's how the golden halo (or horns) phenomenon happens.

BUT...my theory is this.

They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. And habits are ingrained patterns of behavior dictated by your mind, right?

So you could attempt to work backwards. Show the person 21 instances of good behavior in front of the person. And then hopefully the consistent image you present will be burned into their mind. And then they'll be convinced, as their mind will have formed the habit of "witnessing you a good way."

So, it's basically fake it till you make it. It's like tattooing over a preexisting tattoo. Just keep coloring over the old one until it's gone.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I don't believe in projecting a false image of myself. I guess that's why ENTJs are so powerful. Because they're all evil manipulative liars!

Joking! Sort of...

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
It's quite unfortunate if you screw up your impression the first time you meet someone, because after 5 seconds, the impression is rather cemented. That's how the golden halo (or horns) phenomenon happens.

BUT...my theory is this.

They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. And habits are ingrained patterns of behavior dictated by your mind, right?

So you could attempt to work backwards. Show the person 21 instances of good behavior in front of the person. And then hopefully the consistent image you present will be burned into their mind. And then they'll be convinced, as their mind will have formed the habit of "witnessing you a good way."

So, it's basically fake it till you make it. It's like tattooing over a preexisting tattoo. Just keep coloring over the old one until it's gone.

Disheartening... but I like the solid advice.

Lark

To all my fellow ENTJs:

How do you overcome a bad first impression towards others?

corp0.jpg

I CRUSH THEM!!!!!

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I generally can't be bothered to care. The only exception is when a customer receives a bad impression about my company, but in that regard it's more about the viability of the company than about myself.

Blown Ghost

MBTI Type
ESFP
Don't worry about it so much. You will suffer a lot more flak by putting someone's opinion of you in control rather than if you merely make a bad first impression. The only point where you should be remotely concerned is if they start talking trash about you, in which case you should give them a swift verbal kick in the ass.

rav3n

Don't worry about it so much. You will suffer a lot more flak by putting someone's opinion of you in control rather than if you merely make a bad first impression.
I agree with this. Continue being who you are. No matter what you do, there will be people who you'll get along with and others, not so much.

The only point where you should be remotely concerned is if they start talking trash about you, in which case you should give them a swift verbal kick in the ass.
Depends on the situation. Sometimes, it's not worth the effort to qualify trash by reacting to it.

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
How would an ENTJ have an answer to this question? They never fail.

One thing I've learned: success and failure are always relative terms.

During my time as an INTJ, I always somehow had an ace up my sleeve to turn a failure right back at my goal and somehow accomplish my mission even more effectively than I would originally have hoped.

If you look at it that way, I never "fail".

F

figsfiggyfigs

I made a bad first, second and infinite impression on my teacher last semester. Mostly because I hated him and didn't bother fixing that lingering negative impression. I ended up failing my first class EVER.
I am determined to make him like me this semester :laugh:

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I made a bad first, second and infinite impression on my teacher last semester. Mostly because I hated him and didn't bother fixing that lingering negative impression. I ended up failing my first class EVER.
I am determined to make him like me this semester :laugh:

Rock on. *two thumbs up*