• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP + INTJ = ?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is exactly my first thought when pondering and INTJ/ENFP relationship. It wouldn't have anything to do with commitments (like being unfaithful). It would have more to do with being able to pay a bill on time or pick kids up from school, practical things. The reason I use those examples is I know a couple ENFP's very well, one male, one female and it is always something practical that is a point of contention in their relationships. I should point out that the male is married to an INFJ woman and the female is married to an ISTJ male so it isn't exactly surprising. They both also say their spouses have become boring but it looks to me like a whole lot of resentment on both sides, more than anything else. They're both great friends to me, but there is no way I would even consider a relationship with either of them.

I've been told I'm her stability, but I guess over time, my stability will lead to boringness.

From ENFP Relationships

On the entirely other end of the spectrum, many ENFPs have a difficult time staying focused and following things through to completion. If they have not focused on their ability to follow through, they may have problems staying in dedicated, monogamous relationships. They are so in tune with all of the exciting possibilities of what could be, that they will always fantasize about a greener pasture out there somewhere. If they are not paired with a partner who enjoys new experiences, or who shares their idealistic enthusiasm, the ENFP may become bored. The ENFP who is bored and who is not focused will be very unhappy, and will eventually "leave" the relationship if the problem is not addressed.

I just don't understand how I'm supposed to be their natural partner. Sure I like new things, Te related, but not new Fi related... that is where the problem starts.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
INTJ + ENTP = bad
INTJ + ENFP = ok
INTJ + ESFP = great

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
INTJ+ Anyone-we-truely-want = great

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Do you think personality-compatibility effects whether you truly want someone?

I simply say, when we really want. There’s no such thing called impossible.
I can do anything.
Normally I’d choose the effortless way to have most affect.
But if love poisoned me, just in case, I’d do anything to keep it like that.

I don’t fall in love, but when I do…
I don’t say I like the guy but when I do..

It worth it.

Last edited:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I simply say, when we really want. There’s no such thing called impossible.
I can do anything.
Normally I’d choose the effortless way to have most affect.
But if love poisoned me, just in case, I’d do anything to keep it like that.

I don’t fall in love, but when I do…
I don’t say I like they guy but when I do..

It worth it.

You're very young so I will cut you some slack there but....you can't control the other person. YOU can say - Nothing is impossible but you can't make THEM part of your impossible success with certainty. Relationships are not the same as setting a goal and saying - I'm climbing Mt. Everest, 3 years from this day. No one would have a problem seeing that materialize because there is so much focus and drive. You can have all the want and ability in the world but when people aren't compatible, even for very small reasons, it will not work, even if that compatibility changes over time.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You're very young so I will cut you some slack there but....you can't control the other person. YOU can say - Nothing is impossible but you can't make THEM part of your impossible success with certainty. Relationships are not the same as setting a goal and saying - I'm climbing Mt. Everest, 3 years from this day. No one would have a problem seeing that materialize because there is so much focus and drive. You can have all the want and ability in the world but when people aren't compatible, even for very small reasons, it will not work, even if that compatibility changes over time.

You can’t change him, true.
But there’s something deep in him that makes you love him.
And if you focus on it and all there other positive things about him.
+ If you avoided all the negative things about him.

And no matter who he’s you’ll have problems, fight, make up again, ..etc
It’s normal, and as long as you love each other truly, these little things won’t get in the way.
If you were honest with your self.
And You do want him.
You can live together, I know many couples who’ve been together forever happily ever after.
These couples didn’t now what was mbti.. didn’t even know the internet.
So? Let’s use every possible thing to keep it.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

You can’t change him, true.
But there’s something deep in him that makes you love him.
And if you focus on it and all there other positive things about him.
+ If you avoided all the negative things about him.

And no matter who he’s you’ll have problems, fight, make up again, ..etc
It’s normal, and as long as you love each other truly, these little things won’t get in the way.
If you were honest with your self.
And You do want him.
You can live together, I know many couples who’ve been together forever happily ever after.
So? Let’s use every possible thing to keep it.

I like your naivity, which makes me doubt your mbti but not your e-type.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

You don't have to know MBTI/socionics to act in line with its principles. In fact, no (pseudo-)scientific understanding of compatibility probably makes you more likely to be with a compatible partner than if you had an incorrect understanding of it. I've found that typology tells me a lot of what I already know instinctively, but pushes it to the forefront of consciousness.

In my own experience, after I learned to type I found that the majority of girls I've been interested in beyond mere appearance, have tended to be ENFP.

* also, Jungian type is only -one- aspect of compatibility, but I have found it experientially to be a very powerful one

chubber said:
I like your naivity, which makes me doubt your mbti but not your e-type.

I will say, that in her reply to what I posted, I sensed an obscurity of communication that I have noticed in INTJs before (and yes, I believe this is due to typological factors). It throws me a bit off balance :p

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will say, that in her reply to what I posted, I sensed an obscurity of communication that I have noticed in INTJs before (and yes, I believe this is due to typological factors). It throws me a bit off balance :p

I think the ENFP + INTJ is a typo on .personalitypage.com and the order is wrong.

IxTJ are the only types that goes against the grain. The rest of the types go with their inverse attitude.
E.g. INFP with ENFJ

INFP: Fi Ne Si Te
ENFJ: Fe Ni Se Ti

Yet when it comes to IxTJ

INTJ: Ni Te Fi Se
ENFP: Ne Fi Te Si

They say INTJ needs to be with another intuitive type, that INTJ needs someone that can handle Fi Te.

I would think that INTJs and ENTPs would fight a lot because of the different attitudes. But they would get each other, eventually because they are thinking in the same process order, but different approaches.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You don't have to know MBTI/socionics to act in line with its principles. In fact, no (pseudo-)scientific understanding of compatibility probably makes you more likely to be with a compatible partner than if you had an incorrect understanding of it. I've found that typology tells me a lot of what I already know instinctively, but pushes it to the forefront of consciousness.

In my own experience, after I learned to type I found that the majority of girls I've been interested in beyond mere appearance, have tended to be ENFP.

* also, Jungian type is only -one- aspect of compatibility, but I have found it experientially to be a very powerful one

True, I also knew about few things before knowing mbti..
But I meant, the bond they have is much more powerful than the distance and the difference between their personalities.
They chose to be together. That’s, simply, it.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I've been told, it seems good at first, then devolves because of the lack of sensing and feeling. Somewhat awkward in bed. Evenly matched in arguments that basically never end because neither gives up.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
My initial reaction was "run for the fucking hills" to be honest.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From what I've been told, it seems good at first, then devolves because of the lack of sensing and feeling. Somewhat awkward in bed. Evenly matched in arguments that basically never end because neither gives up.
Would you expect the same in an INTJ-INTP relationship?

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would you expect the same in an INTJ-INTP relationship?
It'd actually be far worse because there's zero in common beyond a superficial level. INTJ has Ni Te Fi Se and INTP has Ti Ne Si Fe. There's zero overlap and each is expecting something different from the other one. INTJ and INTP sheepishly want SeFi and FeSi respectively. Neither is really in a particularly good position to provide it to the other. The types are better off just as friends.

For INTJ, I'd recommend going for ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, INFJ or ENFP. (Dual, Activator, Semi-Dual, Kindred, Mirage)

For INTP, I'd recommend going for ESFJ, ISFJ, ENFJ, ISTJ or ESTJ. (Dual, Activator, Semi-Dual, Kindred, Mirage)

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It'd actually be far worse because there's zero in common beyond a superficial level. INTJ has Ni Te Fi Se and INTP has Ti Ne Si Fe. There's zero overlap and each is expecting something different from the other one. INTJ and INTP sheepishly want SeFi and FeSi respectively. Neither is really in a particularly good position to provide it to the other. The types are better off just as friends.

For INTJ, I'd recommend going for ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, INFJ or ENFP. (Dual, Activator, Semi-Dual, Kindred, Mirage)

For INTP, I'd recommend going for ESFJ, ISFJ, ENFJ, ISTJ or ESTJ. (Dual, Activator, Semi-Dual, Kindred, Mirage)

Unless, the INTJ is really an ENTJ.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unless, the INTJ is really an ENTJ.
It's been working for me and my SO for over 15 years, and I can assure you I am not an ENTJ.