• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP + INTJ = ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INTJ girls have always been the love of my life. I can safely say that the 3 best friendships in my life were with an intj girl. They all taught me alot and we always shared the same curiousity in all things we did. The latest intj friend of mine I am working at a University project with. Tho I dislike teamwork, an INTJ is really one of the few personalities I work very well with. I stabilize my thoughts for her and explain myself orderly and with system and she has the ability to understand every quick idea in an instant, which makes work very fast and good.

Sad thing is, I am shy and INTJs most often not the most temperamental themselves. Therefore I never had a romantic relationship.

But hey at least I was befriended with an INTJ girl for 5 years, had over all the years a constant crush on each other and never mad eout with each others :). That's what real friendship is about :)

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
There is always the chance it could work, though I think the ENTP might drive the INTJ crazy... to be fair I don't know many ENTPs (male or female), I know lots of INTJ males though.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I was saying it is unlikely because it's just rare...one ENTP female...and one INTJ male...but they'd get along fine.

I have an INTJ friend an we think pretty much alike.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was saying it is unlikely because it's just rare...one ENTP female...and one INTJ male...but they'd get along fine.

I have an INTJ friend an we think pretty much alike.

Well it's uncommon to think INTJ/ENTP isnt such a good match. At least uncommon to what I've experienced what means nothing :). Socionis puts them in the same quadra and they both can have a reputation for being great clowns. They have a lot in common, tho on different sides, it can be to both kinda fullfilling. Ni can be a mysterious force to an entp what sounds highly entertaining and Fi can be a romantic touch quite adoreable. While Ne can be something that gives new perspective to an intj while Fe can be very uniquely charming, detached from social norms.

I could be wrong this not the first time I would be wrong in my life but so far from what I tend to notice, the two types really could make a good pair of at least some sort.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am curious to see what you all think of an ENTP female with an INTJ male. How do you think this relationship would end up? What would the problems be? What would the advantanges to this pairing be?

I am an ENTP female with an INTJ male.

Pros:
He is logical (mostly)
He is unusually cuddly (relationship thing? Well, it softens me up...sometimes)
He makes me think before I act/speak (sometimes)
He's pretty thoughtful, considerate, caring
He's very respectful towards me, most of the time
He is very, very, very devoted
He is interested in science and theories, as I am
He is smart

Cons:
He isn't very adventurous
He is always telling me to be quiet in public (which annoys me)
He was far more logical before we started dating
He argues everything, but can't really win against me
He bottles everything up, whereas I try to work through stuff
He doesn't always tell the truth (lies by omission)
Sometimes he is too cuddly, and other times he completely ignores my texts (which, since we live 3 hours apart, can grate my E-ness nerves)
He can be really, really hypersensitive, which is bad when you have a mouth like mine

Overall, it is pretty successful. He is really introverted, and can be really hypocritical, and not very much fun, and all that INTJ stereotypical stuff, but it is a nice balance.

I like that I don't have to figure out his motives/read into subtle things like with the INFJ.

Add: I would like to point out that I am fairly young, so that may or may not make a difference. On the inside, INTJs are just cuddly pink fluff machines, and I didn't know it until I was spun into the sugary confectionary land of INTJlovencuddles.

Another discrepancy I could see occurring is who 'wears the pants.' I definitely do, and enjoy it, because I don't appreciate someone trying to tread on my trousers, and INTJs can be the same way.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
With the ENTP I work with, I sense that we share a sense of wonderment, a of freedom of mind...kind of child-like. Interaction is very effortless and witty. I think we're naturally accepting of each other's N-dom quirks.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am an ENTP female with an INTJ male.

Pros:
He is logical (mostly)
He is unusually cuddly (relationship thing? Well, it softens me up...sometimes)
He makes me think before I act/speak (sometimes)
He's pretty thoughtful, considerate, caring
He's very respectful towards me, most of the time
He is very, very, very devoted
He is interested in science and theories, as I am
He is smart

Cons:
He isn't very adventurous
He is always telling me to be quiet in public (which annoys me)
He was far more logical before we started dating
He argues everything, but can't really win against me
He bottles everything up, whereas I try to work through stuff
He doesn't always tell the truth (lies by omission)
Sometimes he is too cuddly, and other times he completely ignores my texts (which, since we live 3 hours apart, can grate my E-ness nerves)
He can be really, really hypersensitive, which is bad when you have a mouth like mine

Overall, it is pretty successful. He is really introverted, and can be really hypocritical, and not very much fun, and all that INTJ stereotypical stuff, but it is a nice balance.

I like that I don't have to figure out his motives/read into subtle things like with the INFJ.

Add: I would like to point out that I am fairly young, so that may or may not make a difference. On the inside, INTJs are just cuddly pink fluff machines, and I didn't know it until I was spun into the sugary confectionary land of INTJlovencuddles.

Another discrepancy I could see occurring is who 'wears the pants.' I definitely do, and enjoy it, because I don't appreciate someone trying to tread on my trousers, and INTJs can be the same way.

Finally, I get an answer for why I am so warm and all the horse shit I had to read about INTJs only being machines.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It would work for some people and not for others.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
My experience with a male INTJ I was in a relationship with was a mixed one. He wasn't one of the emotionally mature ones and while we had a great time together, in general, I felt like his complete obstinacy at being emotionally unavailable was kind of childish and infuriating. It was like he didn't even try, which was baffling because we had decided to be in a relationship together. It was also kind of like we spoke in the same language, but two different dialects (like he was Cantonese and I was Mandarin). So it was frustrating when we thought that we had "got" one another and we really hadn't.

This. Simultaneous immense mental horsepower and fundamental lack of understanding of the other. So much illusion of potential (though I'm sure under the right circumstances it can be beautiful).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some, because?

Some INTJs need/want stuff from their partner that ENTP is not, same other way around. Some INTJs need/want stuff from their partner that ENTP is, same other way around. Some ENTPs and INTJs are able to offer(from themselves) stuff that some other ENTPs or INTJs are not able to offer and some INTJs and ENTPs are attracted to those things.

You see the whole personality is much more than just type and people have different needs/wants from their partner regardless of their type. Having old/good INTJ and ENTP friends, i understand a fair share of both ways of thinking/doing stuff/general attitudes and i can see for example why my INTJ friend might be attracted to some ENTP and not to other. I can also see why my INTJ friend would get annoyed by certain quite typical ENTP traits and i can see traits that arent really what my INTJ friend is looking in his partners. So i could say that he might fall quite bad for one ENTP but be annoyed by other. And im pretty sure that this is the case with all INTJs to more or lesser degree. Also i can see the same in my ENTP friend who married an ISFJ and i can also see why he decided ISFJ over INTJ. But some ENTPs would surely prefer INTJ over ISFJ because of reasons explained.

R

Riva

I think INTJs make excellent spouses; once you learn to tolerate their disgusting superiority complex that is. However if they mature or grown older (>30s) and isn't a complete aspie it is most likely they have learned to to shed this need of letting others know that the INTJ is smarter in every aspect of life.

Anyway like I said above INTJs make excellent spouses as they are caring, good with mone, dependable and most importantly are good with time.

On a completely off topic: the reason why most ENFPs probably like INTJs for partners is because ENFPs are the exact opposite of the traits I have mentioned above.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have a lot of INTJs around my life, the ones I get on well with are the toned down version, pretty health ones I think. The ones I can't cope being around are the ones who have spent too much time with their I ness.... I had a second date last year with someone who I had a fairly poor first date. He arrived and moaned about immigrants buying property in the uk, then went on to be hostile about migrant workers then had a go about musliems, I nearly told him to F'off by that point. Irony is he is Spanish, so an immigrant himself, but doesn't consider himself to be one. We had lunch and eventually I asked him to leave... really unplesant, I have a bro who can be that unplesant, I just give up, really not worth the effort with.

With the healthy ones the relationship is very intellectual, but very solid and reliable, personally it might be a bit cold for snuggly relationship, and I think the E ness does need some degree of emotional snuggly stuff, too much T isn't always good, fun and interesting but not necessarily warm

persephon-ee

MBTI Type
entp
'm a (pansexual) entp girl, and in my experience, dominant intjs, of any gender, but usually guys,... well, I sort of... fall head over heels.

that being said, 's not necessarily a perfect long term match, I guess, because intj aren't know for being to adventurous, which is definitely a problem for me. still, intjs often seem wonderful to me. though, so do most rations, and the occasion infj.

it's, at the very least, a very hot dynamic.

Carbarrawr

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I am a female ENTP, and I could see myself becoming friends with an INTJ, but I honestly, honestly couldn't see myself in a relationship with one. They're on my list of "types I don't want to date." I have nothing against them -- my sister is one, and she is the closest person to me in my life. My father is also one, and we get along fairly well. So, like I said, I think I could become pretty good friends with one, but they're not someone I would want to be in a relationship with, though I would agree that, looking at how my dad handles his marriage with my mom, they're GREAT people to marry. But, in the end, I would rather have an F, to be honest. I need that emotional support because I have like 0 and I have problems with that xD I think an F would be a nice balance especially because my own feelings are so utterly foreign to me... I'll predict to react or feel one way and end up reacting and feeling a totally different way. If I could /choose/ a type for me, it would be INFP, maybe INFJ.
Then again, at the same time, people are so different and surprise you in many ways, I don't really close myself off from or to specific types :)

EDIT: Also, I'm not an INTJ myself, but I think that an INTJxENTJ relationship would work out well... depending on the person of course, though... like, a lot of ENTPs were saying that they would like an INTJ partner, whereas I would disagree, so it all depends on who you are. MBTI only goes so far ;)

turtlesandbees

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am very close to an INTJ and I really love the dynamic between us and how we just get each other without having to explain anything
They are one of the very few people I dont have to censor myself around and they completely understand my unconventional humor and I dont feel like a complete jerk around them

Life is good with them around however I dont know how a relationship would work out since they sometimes tend to hold me down like they arent someone I would go and experience the world
and I dont know but ENTPs might be a bit too scatterbrained for them and they might would want someone who is better with commitments (not saying that ENTPs are unfaithful and unloyal but you just have to really trust them)

also I think that the ExxP and IxxJ annoys both of them and the T would probably not help to sort out the differences in a civilized way

if you really trust each other, know each other and are comfortable with each other I think it could possibly work
the ENTP needs to get their time away from the INTJ every now and then and go and see with other people and new places and the INTJ would have to trust the ENTP enough to know that the ENTP is still loyal towards them
now they both have to be emotionally mature as well but i think thats a given

but in the end it all comes down to personal preference

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Basically there are no people you have to censor yours around

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
ENTPs might be a bit too scatterbrained for them and they might would want someone who is better with commitments (not saying that ENTPs are unfaithful and unloyal but you just have to really trust them)

This is exactly my first thought when pondering and INTJ/ENFP relationship. It wouldn't have anything to do with commitments (like being unfaithful). It would have more to do with being able to pay a bill on time or pick kids up from school, practical things. The reason I use those examples is I know a couple ENFP's very well, one male, one female and it is always something practical that is a point of contention in their relationships. I should point out that the male is married to an INFJ woman and the female is married to an ISTJ male so it isn't exactly surprising. They both also say their spouses have become boring but it looks to me like a whole lot of resentment on both sides, more than anything else. They're both great friends to me, but there is no way I would even consider a relationship with either of them.