• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] I think I'm INTJ.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
For a while, I thought I was an ENTP.
I've had a lot of personal problems in the past and have gotten some good advice from friends: to do what comes naturally to me, which would allow me to feel more comfortable in my own skin.
It seems to be more of an IXXJ approach to life than an EXXP.
I've learned how to act like an EP type many years ago- since I perceived that type as having an easier time in the social realm.
However, as I've grown more secure in myself- I've found that I am more eager to organize/plan than "just let things happen" and that I enjoy spending time pursuing solitary hobbies.
So yea- I know I've had a bad habit of changing from type to type in the past but I think INTJ is the answer.
It's a type I haven't really considered since the profiles I've read often described the type as "forceful" and "self-confident".
However, "self-confident" isn't really a key trait of any personality type.
To be self-confident is to be comfortable with who you are.

The other thing I've done is really try to look into what my "shadow type" is- and I think it's very Se-ish.. in particular with my tendency to overindulge in physical pursuits when stressed out (e.g: alcohol, women)..

Koba

MBTI Type
INTJ
Your readiness to release such personal information leads me to think you might be an E...

mysavior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IT
You're not alone-- I think I am, too.

I'm also a type 3. Not the typical type 5.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
No offense, but just yesterday I read some of your posts in another thread and thought to myself, "that guy doesn't seem like an INTJ".

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
No offense, but just yesterday I read some of your posts in another thread and thought to myself, "that guy doesn't seem like an INTJ".

I'm curious. How so and what type do you think might be a better fit?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Weren't you the guy who thought little ol' me was an extravert?

That's funny that you bring that up, cuz I just thought about that an hour ago.

For pretty much the first time in however long ago that was...

And the way I thought about it was, "I still can't believe Tater is an introvert. Kid still seems like an extrovert. I guess people might come off differently over the interwebs. :shrug:"

lillytira

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm new to all of the personality theories and information- but i suppose you may be able to be a less extreme INTJ. Actually, I went through the same thing as you, exept I was always fairly withdrawn. But now I am still a little less extreme than other INTJs, and have more emotional capibility.
I'm not sure if you are an INTJ, but a lot of becoming someone is beliving you are. This reminds me of the placebo effect- you think you are "cured", so you feel better. I have no idea if this argument can stand, that you can almost "change" your personality to become a completly different one. From what I know factually, you are born with a set personality. however, based on personal experiences, one can change as long as they were a little bit like the final result in the beggining.

If anyone has a different opinion, please explain to me. I am unsure in my own idea... and i'm sure Mondo would like to know.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For a while, I thought I was an ENTP.
I've had a lot of personal problems in the past and have gotten some good advice from friends: to do what comes naturally to me, which would allow me to feel more comfortable in my own skin.
It seems to be more of an IXXJ approach to life than an EXXP.
I've learned how to act like an EP type many years ago- since I perceived that type as having an easier time in the social realm.
However, as I've grown more secure in myself- I've found that I am more eager to organize/plan than "just let things happen" and that I enjoy spending time pursuing solitary hobbies.
So yea- I know I've had a bad habit of changing from type to type in the past but I think INTJ is the answer.
It's a type I haven't really considered since the profiles I've read often described the type as "forceful" and "self-confident".
However, "self-confident" isn't really a key trait of any personality type.
To be self-confident is to be comfortable with who you are.

The other thing I've done is really try to look into what my "shadow type" is- and I think it's very Se-ish.. in particular with my tendency to overindulge in physical pursuits when stressed out (e.g: alcohol, women)..

An INTJ would never write like this.