• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Type this person

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
This person I know. I find them to be very odd.

I think he's a TJ. They are very organised and structured. Really structured. They often organise events for things in advance (this is in a youth group thing) and is prepared for everything. They are pedantic and value order and cleanliness and such, but it's extreme (this is getting to the weird part). They have an idealistic view of a world which I think is pretty similar to communism where everyone lives in identical houses with one other person where they can have two children and no more (they have to have them) and can only work in one industry their entire lives, but can go up and down in ranks depending on how good they do it. It has a class system but I don't remember exactly how it works. Basically, nobody has any freedom and they would live how he wants them to live. He is intelligent, has good organisational skills and is sometimes innovative with his ideas, but extremely set in his ways. He keeps many contacts but it seems to mostly be for organisational purposes and he clais a perfect holiday would be him on a cruise ship by himself. He is not particularly outgoing either so I think he is more likely introverted. He is very prejudicial. He is high class and has made comments showing disgust at homeless people and the like. I think he honestly believes women should have less rights than men, often treats them as inferior, though apparently doesn't believe in gender roles and enjoys things like cooking and apparently shopping (he has a lot of different shoes). He also believes that homosexuality is completely a choice and doesn't like it, feeling it to be unnatural. He also will continue to make his assertions and refuse to be wrong even in the face of empirical evidence against him and nothing but belief to back him up. He claims to be an atheist yet believes there is an afterlife, because he would like to believe so, in his own words. He has a phobia of germs.

I was thinking either ISTJ or INTJ. What do you think.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
A lot of conflicting "shoulds" about the world... probably SJ.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Another vote for ISTJ

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Neither. I say ISFJ. Te would have a very hard time holding onto an idea after being shown evidence proving it to be false.

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Neither. I say ISFJ. Te would have a very hard time holding onto an idea after being shown evidence proving it to be false.

I would say it would have no problem. My bro is an Istj for sure and thats all he does.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say it would have no problem. My bro is an Istj for sure and thats all he does.

May be a communication issue in your case. Te does not listen to logic. By evidence, I mean statistics, etc. TJs prefer inductive reasoning while TPs prefer deductive. I think you may be trying to convince him using methodology that would better be applied to a TP such as yourself.

Just a possibility.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ISTJ couldn't possibly be more clear.

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
i find this thread very ironic, simply because of your name and the nature of the thread lol :D

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Sherlock Holmes is weird in an awesome way. This guy is weird in a 'want to punch him in the face' way.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sherlock Holmes is weird in an awesome way. This guy is weird in a 'want to punch him in the face' way.

And that pretty much summarizes the difference between an INTJ and an ISTJ.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
And that pretty much summarizes the difference between an INTJ and an ISTJ.

Can you honestly say Sherlock Holmes is not awesome?

And not everyone says he is an INTJ. Some people say he is an ISTP or INTP. I once heard he was ISTJ, because he was patriotic or something, but that was rubbish I think.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can you honestly say Sherlock Holmes is not awesome?

And not everyone says he is an INTJ. Some people say he is an ISTP or INTP. I once heard he was ISTJ, because he was patriotic or something, but that was rubbish I think.

The literary Holmes is INTJ. There are other versions of him though, and I've heard that in the most recent film he was portrayed as ENTP.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
The literary Holmes is INTJ. There are other versions of him though, and I've heard that in the most recent film he was portrayed as ENTP.

Yeah, for that one he seemed ENTP or maybe even ISTP. He seemed far less structured and analytical and more of a typical hollywood hero.

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
when did i ever say that i didn't like sherlock holmes...? ive always like the books since i was little