• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP appearance trends

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Here's what I've noticed.

Slouching.
Crazy hair (common among all NPs I think).
Never have beards. Seriously? Can you think of an INTP with a beard? Well some people say Dumbledore is INTP (he's probably not), but still it's pretty uncommon.
We don't dress too fancy and are sometimes unkempt.

Yes? No? Why? Go!

P

Phantonym

I know an INTP who sports a goatee with success. :laugh: But the other points are spot on.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I suppose it does happen but I've never met one in real life or I think in fiction. Even Bernard Black, one of the laziest and messiest characters in existence, shaves.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I know a couple of INTPs with facial hair--one with moustache, and one with goatee.

What about us INTP chicks, though? :p I admit I slouch quite a bit, but otherwise, I do pay attention to my appearance: clothes, makeup, hair. I have noticed that I only get super creative about clothes every once in a while. I buy stuff I like and then throw it on without thinking much. I could never pay enough attention to be a trendsetter or personal stylist.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think that's the standard INTP's appearance, but there are individuals like myself who generally aren't careless about their appearance.

Last edited:

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
By slouches, I meant 'likely to hunch and slouch'. Even though that kind of goes hand in hand with being a slouch, I thought I'd just specify.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
detL01.jpg

images

bob-dylan.jpg

AlbertEinstein.jpg

Not that any of these are NECESSARILY INTPs, but that's what I mean by crazy hair.

rav3n

Slouching.
Two yes, one no.
No. All had pretty short, low-maintenance hair. Shower, a little gel and go.
Never have beards. Seriously? Can you think of an INTP with a beard? Well some people say Dumbledore is INTP (he's probably not), but still it's pretty uncommon.
One goatee, another soul patch, last clean shaven.
Yes, not too fancy but not unkempt. Simple styles, no wild colours. Neutrals, blues and blacks.

These were three INTP guys. I haven't met an INTP woman in real life.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
does this mean that Einstein is an ENTP afterall? I know many INTPs with a little facial hair, I thought it would have come with the P nessness

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Well maybe I was wrong about the facial hair. Everyone seems to know an INTP with it! And I don't know about Einsteins E/I preference.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^Einstein is definitely INTP, I've read alot about him, no way in HELL is he an extrovert of any kind.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think you can type someone based soley on appearance, there are so many other influences(like culture) on someone's outward appearance. Some INTPs(in western culture) might have a nerdy or indie/slacker look to them though.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Being female, I don't have facial hair... but I often forget to shave my legs. Luckily it's jeans weather.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Slouching.

I slouch when I'm sitting and relaxing, but I make sure to walk with an upright posture. Something I got from my mom.

I try to keep my hair well-kept. And I usually succeed.

Never have beards.

My natural facial hair is not suited towards beards so I don't wear one. I generally do look sort of unshaven though.

I do enjoy dressing up if the occasion calls for it, but usually I just go with jeans and a t-shirt. I try to keep myself clean, however. I hate feeling unshowered and greasy.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I am not unaccustomed to wearing what I wore to bed two days in a row. This is usually because I have no reason to clean myself. I do my best to look nice in public, but I'd say they only border on 'nice' clothes, not really fancy. I hate shaving.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
I used to have crazy hair. I bought some clippers and now keep it buzzed. It keeps me clean and respectable and perhaps a bit formidable with minimum effort.

i dress plainly. i prefer solid colored t shirts with jeans amd cool shoes when dressing casually.

My posture is pretty good, but that's from grappling building up my core muscles.

No facial hair. Requires too much maintenance or else I get rashy/itchy.

I'm very clean in general,, o often shower three times a day.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Posture:

I do slouch sometimes, though not always (I usually have good posture while walking/standing). When I sit, I either lean back so much I look totally disinterested (I probably am) or, if I get into a conversation I'm into, I slocuh forward and pull my legs up onto the chair and start sitting indian style.

My hair:

I try to keep it not-too-short not-too-long and basically all my haircuts are just trims, nothing fancy. I clean it every other day in the shower (heard that's better for it and it saves time), and do not dry it, do not comb it, do not brush it. Sometimes I use my hand to put it in a position I like more.

Clothing:

I try to match colors/styles well so I look presentable, but I also like to be able to get ready fairly quickly. I also like to mix casual and formal, so I own a lot of button up shirts (whenever I wear a sweater I like to but a button up under it), have a few vests that I occasionally wear, and about 75% of my jackets are blazers, and most of those that aren't have lapels. Every so often I like to wear a full on suit, usually I do so some random night when a bunch of my friends and I go out (or when it correlates to a special occasion). Sometimes, however, I will wear the same thing a few days in a row (especially pants, which can go longer), particularly if I haven't seen anyone I know while wearing those clothes (obviously, I'll change if it gets visibly dirty). In warmer seasons, it's almost always a t-shirt with some odd picture or reference or a very dry joke on it and jeans. I rarely wear shorts. I also like belts and have worn the same watch virtually every day for about 5 years..

I generally have one pair of shoes at a time that I'll wear almost every day for about a year (until they are clearly falling apart), and a secondary pair for when the first is too different from the rest of my clothes, and a pair of dress shoes I rarely wear. It has been probably 8-10 years since one of these pairs has had shoelaces.

Facial Hair:

I have had a beard, earlier this year in fact (March-June). It's rare, though, and that's only the second time I ever tried to grow a beard (the first was over summer of 2006). I generally shave every four days or so, so I often look a bit scruffy.

Cleanliness:

Shower every other day, generally try and use a facial cleanser every day (some days I miss). Obviously, brush my teeth at least twice daily with rare exception.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I love my INTP's beard!

And, yes, no matter what we do he does generally manage to look rumpled. He has beautiful curly hair with a mind of its own, which has been slowly going away.