• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] what you people think?

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEa7vtXrNQQ"]S vs N[/YOUTUBE]

I'll embed the video for easy viewing.

I got half way through the video before I stopped watching. I think, very generally speaking, he's right - N - patterns, ideas, abstractions, S - concrete, details, etc. Where he starts to move in the wrong direction, imo, is when he starts getting into the finer differences into the thinking processes of both N and S. The outside/inside distinction he's making between Ns and Ss is not well thought out, as to me, that says more about I vs. E than it does about N vs S. Also the relationship between eye-movement and type is shaky and superficial, at best. If I were to make any observation at all, I'd say the eyes of an S type are usually far more alert while the eyes of an N type seem somewhat glazed over - this, however, isn't really noticeable in the way the eyes move than the energy or focus projected by those eyes. Pattern of movement in the eyes isn't a strong factor, if at all a factor, in determining N vs. S anyways. Most of his observations I feel are based off of his own very obvious superiority complex of being an N-type. It would have been more helpful to discuss cognitive functions anyway as opposed to looking just at the MBTI letters.

His presentation felt off-the-cuff, a bit careless, and essentially, needed to be thought out more. He draws his conclusions a little too quickly for my taste.

I'm too lazy to offer a rebuttal for each and every point he's made, but it's clear to me he is an N who looks down on Ss.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I thought the beginning was pretty accurate, where he used the alphabet as an example. That's a good way to describe intuition. Needing only 2 or 3 pieces of information and then being able to see how it fits together.

rav3n

If you can get beyond his unnecessary superficial, condescending judgments about sensors, he's got some interesting points about his perception of intuition and how it relates to the subconscious mind.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That guy definitly needs more techno to his life :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQmOwUby0tQ"].[/YOUTUBE]