• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The Empathic Civilisation

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="l7AWnfFRc7g"]The Empathic Civilisation[/YOUTUBE]

What are your thoughts and feedback about this video? What does this mean for those types that have difficulty empathizing with others?

Baltar

MBTI Type
INTP
Was it Aristotle who said "be kind-everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"
Since anyone can end up in peril beyone our control, it is logical to be helpful...the golden rule and so forth. Try reading The Political Mind by George Lakoff, he explains better than I could how being rational and being empathetic are not necessairly at odds.
By definition everyone except psychopaths have at least a little empathy, but I know I experience and express it differently from a ExFx type. As the video explains, there is survival value in this, which is why it evolved.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh god, my favorite ted talk in ages and a mention of george lakoff!

i'm interested in consciousness itself. empathy comes with greater forms of consciousness. i think finding better forms of discourse creates more empathy. expanding one's own awareness of other forms of cognition, construction of truth, creativity, etc introduce the possibilities of more empathic, adaptive culture. ultimately, consciousness at any level is broken down into effective communication.

finding a way to create redundancy in communication and especially to be really active in conceptual blending to create blended mental spaces (and cultural articulations of those) improves the potential for shared, well-distributed, multi-modal multiple intelligence cognition.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
It's pretty interesting to think about, how different eras produce different brain. It's an idea that gives me faith and fear.