• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP + Te: Unstoppable.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've been thinking in Te terms lately. The first judging function ENTPs tend to rely on is Fe, which I have no problems with, but it's not nearly as efficient and precise as Te, although its application to social situations is invaluable. I'm not attempting to improve my social skills, however, so Te works great for getting things done, and getting them done quickly.

To start, I began coming to grips with all of the time I was wasting and put a harsh focus on the fact that I have a limited time of consciousness. I then realized I needed to pursue a goal of some sort to make the best out of this time. Because of this, I've also put a focus on skill: how quickly can I do something well? I used to do this by waiting until the very last minute to complete things and test myself.

I've found a a good way to motivate myself to do things beforehand: it is to be more and more aware of "the itch." I'm talking about the itch in the back of your brain that knows there are obligations and things to be done. I used to ignore this itch, but when if I begin thinking about it, I have an urge to get everything I can done in the least amount of time possible, because, well, I want to get rid of that damned itch!

Also, another part of it is setting my sights on perfection, even knowing deep down it can't be accomplished, but performing as if it can be. This brings me to doing things with great precision, wanting to make things "perfect," but then comes the last, and probably best part of Te: efficient time management. Boy, I've been missing out on this stuff for years. It requires a bit of judgement to how long tasks will take me to complete, which becomes more precise over time.

After a while, I can really plan out a list of tasks I'm going to get done and do them according to schedule. If I only focused on perfection, there would be points where I would focus on only one part of one of many tasks I had to do, using all of the time I'd given myself on one measly detail. This can be detrimental (it was at the very beginning).

Still, I'm no fan of timetables or spreadsheets, and when I'm done with everything and my "itch" is gone, I'm back to my normal P-self with a fantastic feeling of not having any obligations.

Also, it gives me the ability to do anything I set my mind to, and not only do I have a sense of excitement when a new challenge arrives like usual, I also want to kick the challenge's ass.

Before: "A new challenge! Awesome! This will be interesting!"
After: "A new challenge? YES. I LOVE WINNING. (I wonder how well I perform compared to others? I'll shoot for better and see compare results)."

If you get a hold of Te, love it for all it is: a performance booster that compliments your P-ness. :solidarity:*

*If you have an erection lasting longer than four hours, seek medical help.

redacted

Yeah Te is by definition more useful in the environment than Ti.

Definitely worth working on for hardcore Ti users. Then again, working on Ti could be good for hardcore Te users.

I think a balance of cognitive abilities is probably a good thing. That way, you can use the functions you decide are relevant in whatever situation.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Totally right. My Te is kind of a bitch, and only able to break through when it gets some help from the Fe.

Yesterday I copied some course documents for a fellow teacher, the one who's doing my job now. I always put lots more effort in it when it's for somebody else! I even wanted to give him both the copy and the solutions... which I had to make again, because that whole thing is a mess.
Luckily a great External Te said to me - hey, why are you doing the work if you're not the teacher any more?

I :heart: my ESTJ!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
A healthy egoism is what you need when you want to help others. But if that's Te I dunno :).

I personally think Ti can make you a master of organization and a systematic approach. The dangers are more that you get stuck on a quest for perfection and forget to do things on time. I think to get rid of a demand for detailed perfection is when your Te shines.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagram 3 ENTP. Three's are driven to that efficiency and organization, wouldn't be surprised if it looked like Te. Hang on... can someone describe perception MBTI wise? I think it's about delaying descisions and spontaneity and being all over the place but that's not adding up to me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dispersing parts of yourself all over the place I can do. Just need a bottle of cheap Scotch and a lot of sparkling water :D