• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Somthing that might help INTPs

targus28

I'm in a big rut at the moment, I'm sure there is a lot of other INTPs that are in a similar situation.Ive been experimenting with a lot for ways to help myself, one particular thing is helping me a lot and i thought id share it here.

It called 'The 3 Notes'

tis dead simple

Do this, make a note of 3 things that are very important in your life and you NEED to make progress on

Example:

1.Job Search
2.Current relationships (if these are going great then, maybe new relationships)
3.Health

Put this in your phone, at any time, pick a number and ask yourself what can i do next, not 1000 steps ahead, but right in front of me NEXT to get closer to this or work on it.Can be the smallest thing, like job search...OK go on job center website, look at jobs

If you get bored, unfocused,start fucking around on face-book or whatever, repeat, either the same number, or pick another.

Hope this helps someone, certainly helps me a little

Targus

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
education---> opportunity.

Oh, and posting this on a forum will make it harder for you to do. It's an unfortunate psychological effect, as telling people what you're going to do before you do it gives you a good feeling. Like a reward. And if you've been rewarded for something you haven't done yet, you tend to do a much poorer job. I suspect that this is what makes introverts more capable of focusing on one project for a long time.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I didnt get it. I have to call me numbers ? Only numbers I know is of the crisis line and the sex line :shrug:

targus28

Oh, and posting this on a forum will make it harder for you to do. It's an unfortunate psychological effect, as telling people what you're going to do before you do it gives you a good feeling. Like a reward. And if you've been rewarded for something you haven't done yet, you tend to do a much poorer job. I suspect that this is what makes introverts more capable of focusing on one project for a long time.

Not particularly, I have been using this technique for a while.

targus28

I didnt get it. I have to call me numbers ? Only numbers I know is of the crisis line and the sex line :shrug:

Well its best you use it with a phone that is capable of making notes on a notepad.Also, make sure when you pick the number, have it where you can see it so you don't forgot and lose focus!!

Can work well for INTPs that are very haphazard, like myself

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

This. Mostly because I realized it today, when I told my friend I was going to stop smoking soon. Which is really not the same as actually stopping. Duh.

I've learned how to focus a long time ago. I keep notes everywhere for essential things.