• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] What are your favorite & least favorite topics of discussion (in forum and irl)?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i like, in this order:

1) everything that has pictures in it, except for pictures of food or plants
2) fluff threads that are related to brainless things like genitals

that's because i come here out of boredom and in stress, and often i can't focus mentally, but if i can, i like:

3) threads about application of the integral vision (ken wilber), or vision logic in general, which do not exist. duh :(

4) typology topics, if the involved typologists have some clue of what they are talking about
5) philosopical and spiritual/entheogenic topics (not sure about the order of 4 and 5)

6) personal topics, if also psychological, somewhat general, like "wisdom", not merely personal. and if not deluded by BAD typology.
7) politics (or other news), but just to get an overview of what's actually moving you people and how you deal with it. its like an anthropological interest in you guys.

this is the good stuff, i won't list the bad stuff. i can successfully ignore it, so i don't mind it.

except for intrusive (not humorous) brainless narcissistic trolling in any thread.

F

figsfiggyfigs

YWIR;1317491 I also dislike people talking negatively about others behind their back. That drives me insane said:
So turns out. Online gossip is hilarious.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
favorite

IRL

What are you doing?
blah blah blah did this or that (talking about people I know)
joking around
society/why people do things
music
politics
literature
film
bitching about stuff that bothers me/listening to other people bitch
psychology
food/cooking/nutrition
health
what I plan to do/want to do.and what people I care about plan to do/want to do
house/clothes/decor/miscellaneous

Forum

self-discovery and alternative forms of typology for others
fluffy/joking around
other people's personality types
random thoughts/answer with a line of lyrics
arguing about my thoughts and opinions
food/nutrition/health/exercise
politics
history
sexuality
art/film/literature/music
blogs

least favorite

I don't especially like talking about video games, team sports, anime, cosplay, science fiction, Disney cartoons, other people's problems to excess, religion, drugs, a lot of academic topics I honestly avoid, and sometimes I avoid talking about politics because it can be too draining/piss me off. Oh I also generally don't like talking about kids unless it has something to do with the state of education, how other people's parenting affects me, or kids I actually care about. I don't like math, accounting, or a lot of business talk. I also don't care for a lot of mainstream movies, and the whole Bollywood obsession thing also irritates me in film, I have not the slightest bit of interest in it. Philosophy can get old quick, unless it has something to do with Taoism, Romanticism, or I can link it to real-life political causes I care about.

Sometimes IRL I just want other people to shut up, in general, so I can just think or be.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
like: music, movies, psychology, sex, relationships, drugs, people i know, sociology, philosophy, pop culture, all kinds of art, anything strange
don't like: sports, cars, video games, religion with people who are religious, politics with republicans/libertarians, race with racists, genres of music/movies i don't like

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I like to talk about music, poetry, politics, religion, philosophy, linguistics, science, and morals. Morals are really included in politics and philosophy, but I felt I should enumerate it anyways.

I don't like to talk about personal drama (note the difference between personal drama and personal experiences/feelings/etc.), or schedules.

I did not say every topic that I like to talk about or every one that I don't. That would take a long time.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Favorite topic(s):

-Mysteries (esp. when in a train or upper-class mansion's parlour)
-Possible murderers
-Wild, dramatic, and misleading accusations

Least Favorite:

-Non-mysteries (esp. when in laundromats and Jamba Juices)
-People who definitely are or are not murderers
-Common sense, banal and to-the-point observations
-Sports

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Favorite:

Music
Art
Photography
Astrology
MBTI
Spiritual stuff
Psychology
Philosophy
Science
And also people's life biography, what struggles they have been through in the past, and how they have overcome it.

Least favorite:

Latest stories about their boyfriend/girlfriend/crushes
Who they dislike and why they dislike that person
Who is the most attractive/ugliest person in town

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I most like discussing abstractions of nature and the mind, but also really enjoy credits.

á´…eparted

passages
I'm sure there's things I've missed.

Dislike talking about:

- Major sports (boring)
- Cars & Mechanical stuff (boring)
- Guns (boring)
- Gun issues (boring)
- Gender identity issues (tends to make me irrationally rage-y)
- Racism, Sexism, & Feminism (irrationally rage-y and sometimes boring)
- Music I don't get/like (boring)
- Religion (boring, can make irrationally rage-y)
- Spirituality (irrationally rage-y)
- Philosophy (boring and irrationally rage-y)
- Sex & sexual acts (tends to makes me uncomfortable)
- War & foregin politics (boring)
- Film/TV/Hollywood (boring)
- Games I don't play (boring)
- Conspiracy theories (rage inducing)
- Ungrounded theoretical concepts (boring)
- "Green" movements (boring)
- Diet's & Dieting (boring, and tends to make irrationally rage-y)

Like talking about:

+ Gossip of mutual people we know
+ Recent exciting life events
+ Chemistry
+ Pharmacy
+ Medicine
+ Space
+ Science
+ Drugs & drug experiences
+ Drinking adventures & exploits
+ Modern political contests
+ Similarities and differences between people
+ Social dynamics
+ Internal affairs
+ HvZ (Humans Vs. Zombies)
+ Personal History
+ Meta discussion
+ Weather and climate
+ Adrenaline pursuits
+ Plans and future plans
+ Deeper/personal material about onesself

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do not often mind talking much about all sorts of various topics but wish to redirect it to a psychological or philosophical veiwpoint to gather an understanding in alternating perceptions about such things. If that is achieved most topics do not trouble me.

I often dislike gossip except when it involves deep psychological focus on the individuals that are being talked about. It's not about good or bad and opinions altering but more about why and how.

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Doesn't make a difference if it's real life or not.

Favorite:

1- Military strategy
2- Geopolitics
3- Economy

I don't have a topic I don't like to debate. I often beat everyone at debate, so naturally I like all subjects.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Least favorite: The ones where people take themselves and their thought processes too seriously.

Favorite: Everything else.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I can express interests in topics I don't like even if it's just a tiny bit.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I can probably talk about anything and everything if it's remotely interesting, but my top three favorite things to talk about are sex and food (I'm pretty sure I'm George Costanza). I also like talking about travelling, trading stocks and trading strategies, and business ideas.

One thing I could care less about discussing are sports. Let me watch, I don't need to know what the coach's son's favorite month was in 1981 during the spring training session. I also don't really care much about which position the quarterback banged which Kardashian at that one game on September 21, 1998.