• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] People who are smarter than you

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
OK cough it up NT's. Who are the smartest people you've met in your life (can be online people i suppose)? Are they snarter than you? What types do you think they are? I'm particularly interested in INTJ answers.

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP
The smartest person I have ever met was my old debate partner. He is also one of the only (like two) people I have ever met who are smarter than me.

I don't know if he has taken a test, but based on observed characteristics, INTP.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

There are quite a few people who are smarter than me. Does this make me less of an INTP? No. It just makes me lazy. I wouldn't consider myself smart, just off the beaten path.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Why is this question being asked of NTs in particular?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
OK cough it up NT's. Who are the smartest people you've met in your life (can be online people i suppose)? Are they snarter than you? What types do you think they are? I'm particularly interested in INTJ answers.

I'm of the view that "smartness" is somewhat subjective and depends on context. I might say that someone else is "smarter" than me if we are discussing their field, and I am "smarter" than them if we are discussing my field.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Because I want to see how NT's compare themselves to other people intellectually.

This just rephrases the question instead of answering it. Why the particular interest in how NTs compare themselves to other people intellectually?

Frank

Smartest person I know is probably an E N/S TJ. Way too subjective of a variable though because smart is many different things. For instance he probably knows very little compared to many regarding things such as physics or philosophy. Nor is he the most politically suave character. His intelligence is with logic and execution.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In matters of overall intelligence, whether it be social, emotional, general, etc. The 'smartest' person I've ever met was an ENFP...but that's just more in well-roundedness rather than intelligence I suppose. :shrug:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
This just rephrases the question instead of answering it. Why the particular interest in how NTs compare themselves to other people intellectually?

Oh I see. The fact of the matter is that I'm putting more weight than I'm revealing on the 2nd question. I want to see how many people NT's consider are smarter than them :D. I want to see just how smart NT's think they are. I'm also guessing that a good majority of the answers will involve other NT's. That is I think that it'll be rare for NT's to think that anyone from the other groups are smarter than them, at least proportionally/comparatively. Of course, this statement alone is nothing more than a blind and crude guess, so I'm testing my theory.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm also guessing that a good majority of the answers will involve other NT's. That is I think that it'll be rare for NT's to think that anyone from the other groups are smarter than them, at least proportionally/comparatively. Of course, this statement alone is nothing more than a blind and crude guess, so I'm testing my theory.

It's certainly the impression many NTs give off....

T

ThatGirl

I would say that no one is smarter than any other....

But I would be saying that to try to sound smart.

Blown Ghost

MBTI Type
ESFP
It's entirely possible I'm deluded, but I have not met many people who will match me for wit. I think many people similar type to me might say the same.

However, I know many people smarter than I am. The more experience that I have, the more it becomes clear to me that true intelligence is not a matter of accomplishments or scrupulousness, but how ones embodies the beauty of life. The smartest people I've ever known are hardly enviable by mosts' standard, but one cannot help but be captured by their mere existence when they are around.

To me, they are the smartest not for intellectual victories, but for living to the fullest. If life were a canvas or an instrument, they would be a virtuoso.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Curiosity? There's nothing wrong with that, Spartacuss :)

Smart people: more than a few INTPs; one ENTP; some STJs. None tested, I'm just guessing their types with hindsight. Now I'm thinking if I don't know any SPs or NJs (or Feelers!) who have struck me as really smart. I can't think of any right now.

By the way, and answering on the unavoidable discussion: yes, I've only looked at intelligence in the narrow meaning of the word. I thought that was the purpose of the question. There are people other than the ones above for who I've got quite some respect. Not because they are smarter (otherwise I'd put them there), but because they are more brave, stronger or just plainly better than I am.
There are also some people in the little list above for who I've got no respect at all. Yes they are smarter than me, but still they don't earn my respect.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you mean on a purely intellectual level, I have yet met someone who can seriously beat me in that area, it's probably the environment I'm in though. Like someone else said earlier, smart is going to mean different things to various people, someone can be math smart, socially smart, or the introspective kind, it depends on the context. I will say that having a certain "awareness" seems kind of like the essence of intelligence to me.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
lol I'm sorry if it sounds malicious, it really isn't. I love NT's, it's not a trap I promise! :D I'm just trying to understand them better and the results have been exactly what I've been looking for.

Here's a 2nd question to throw into the mix, do any of you play any sort of competitive, intellectual game like chess? How do you gauge someone's intelligence, is it just through discussion and debates?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Smartest person I know is probably an E N/S TJ. Way too subjective of a variable though because smart is many different things. For instance he probably knows very little compared to many regarding things such as physics or philosophy. Nor is he the most politically suave character. His intelligence is with logic and execution.

Yea no. You are probably talking about yourself here so I am going to regard this coment as semi-bullshit.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am the smartest

SMART-smart-fortwo-cabrio-pure--2007-2008-.jpg