• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] People who are smarter than you

Within

Permabanned
My best friend, he's an IxTJ. I consider him to be more intelligent than me in a number of fields as well as having a higher IQ point. We complement each other well.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know a couple of INTPs with Asperger syndrome who have a higher logical ability than me.
However, they are sorely lacking in some other areas.
I know lots of people who are wittier and quicker than me.
There are many that I know who seem to have it easier socially than me.
I'm not the best at anything special, I am more of a generalist who does everything.
Through this I see and understand more than most. It is a world view.

However, I do not know anyone that is more original and imaginative than myself.
I am speaking about knowing someone like this in person. In real life.
Sometimes I see characters that beat me on TV or on the internet.
If people knew what I was thinking about half of the time, they would want to get a hold of whatever they'd think i'm using.
On here, I might come across as within the norm. It's a facade. :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is interesting for me to see how people define intelligence indirectly through the answers they give. Just saying.

For some people intelligence is:

- logical deduction
- amount of accumulated knowledge
- ability to multitask
- ability to deeply penetrate to the heart of the matter
- being a cool-ass car (just kidding! ;))
- ability to plan and execute actions
- some vague, amorphous mass yet to be defined

And probably others I missed.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I've met a few.
There are some pretty clever people on here.

In real life, one of my friends continues to blow my mind away. He is an INTJ after all.....

When someone knows more about a certain subject than I ( inevitable), I feel ill-equipped, and must then take care of the pungent smell of inadequacy ASAP by spraying some knowledge all over myself (unless it truly is boring/pointless), then I rather stink of ignorance :laugh:

Nicodemus

Who are the smartest people you've met in your life (can be online people i suppose)?
I think the smartest person I have met (online) is an internet friend of mine who, interestingly, is by no means particularly erudite.

Are they s[m]arter than you? What types do you think they are?
Yes, he is smarter than me; his IQ is higher, too. His MBTI results sway between INTP and INTJ; I believe the former to be correct.

Among fellow students and professors, I have met quite a few people who might very well be smarter than me, but I am not close enough to them to give a knowledgable evaluation of their intelligence.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It is interesting for me to see how people define intelligence indirectly through the answers they give. Just saying.

Indeed, too many ways to view someone as smart.

In terms of IQ I'd have no idea, don't even know my own but I'm sure I'm not in the Mensa range. I care about wisdom and that generally comes with age and experience so anyone with maturity who has wisdom is someone I see as smart and worth learning off, they come in all MBTI types. My strength is that I'm quick; in picking things up, in figuring things out, in looking at alternative possibilities, in wit etc, but I can't say I consider myself smarter than your average non-idiot.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Several people. I’d class most of my university biology professors as being in a higher league than my own, simply for producing more external works that can be objectively analyzed. They have a larger amount of feats and whether their limits are inherently higher or not, the knowledge gap between us make them appear far superior. I also debate with such a large amount of people on the Internet that I do run into several people who provide me with a challenge. The majority of both types of people seem to fall into the INTP and INTJ brackets.

In terms of my peers, I can also recall one individual science major that is very much like myself but superior in almost every way. He is charismatic, meaning that his interpersonal intelligence is greater than my own, and has a higher ability to retain scientific knowledge than I do. Needless to say that he can understand matters of the same complexity or greater than I can as well.

In actuality, there are large amount of people that I’ve met who “smarter” than me according to my criteria. That criteria being based upon the ability to reason abstractly and to arrive at a creative solution for mathematical, scientific, and practical problems. The ability to recall information is not one of my major criteria but it is always a good thing to have a larger amount of “RAM” so to speak. I also take several components of Gardner’s Multiple Intelligence Theory into account, such as the before mentioned Interpersonal Intelligence and various others such as Kinesthetic, Linguistic, Spatial, and Logical intelligence, though the concept that I generally recognize intelligence as, intuitively, is a mixture between all the before mentioned types barring Kinesthetic Intelligence.

I answered the question somewhat differently than I would have five years ago. I went through high school held in high regard as some sort of insurmountable genius, so later on it, when I came into contact with individuals with a similar background, it came as quite a shock that I was seemingly little more than slightly above average. It came as an even greater shock when in my entrepreneurial activities, my business rivals were able to accomplish many things with apparent ease that I had to sweat blood in order to do.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
topic title doesent make any sense to me

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I judge people on both intellectual AND social intelligence. While I respect people with huge intellects (haven't met too many of those), I respect people even more if they know how to use their intellects in some way, and are well rounded individuals who can relate to people in some way. I also respect when a smart person has not been drawn down an overly judgmental path towards life - in other words, they don't let their intellects turn them into overly rigid people. Nothing is more arrogant than externally coming across like a know it all. I much prefer actions instead of words.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Generally a person thinks another is intelligent if they have similar values. (Ironically people don't judge another person's intelligence in any sort of objective manner.) When a person admits someone else is smarter, what they are really saying is, "You're just like me but better."

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Generally a person thinks another is intelligent if they have similar values. (Ironically people don't judge another person's intelligence in any sort of objective manner.) When a person admits someone else is smarter, what they are really saying is, "You're just like me but better."

Agreed. I find this is generally true.

quamdel

MBTI Type
INTP
OK cough it up NT's. Who are the smartest people you've met in your life (can be online people i suppose)? Are they snarter than you? What types do you think they are? I'm particularly interested in INTJ answers.

Smartest people... an INTJ named Chris who in many ways was my equal. I have yet to met another person like him, nor have i seen him in about 5 years. We were in the same GATE class in 4th/5th grade and always played with paper airplanes/Legos. sweet.

But in any sense, the smartest people understand themselves and others, knowing they live in an imperfect world. I think its ironic that the types of people who love knowledge and understanding the world are often the most misunderstood themselves.

rav3n

I'm not getting into type. But I have met more than enough people I would subjectively consider smarter.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
online its a lot of INTPs from this spesific forum:
The AUTOSPORT Bulletin Board -> The Technical Forum

And you can`t say its because their values or whatever matches mines.

A two or more have been working within F1 to give you people a pointer.

go trought the first pages and you will also find the page were i ask them to take the MBTI test.

Some Emo insisted it was all bs as you can see.

In real life i really got impressed by a working college. He was a mechanic but was considering so much in so little things.

And it was actually important aspects too it was just that no one ever think of the shape of the handle or the roundness of the hex grabbing pattern. Aspects about old technicues vs new ones.
gains and downsides.

Really high tech stuff on hes working level. He was thinking about nothing else than mech stuff. he loved to make everything from stratch and the materials needed to have a history too.
All this was for his HD bikes.
He was some Intovert who never stopped talking when he was with friends. he was a habit animal i considered him. Lived in the same house for 20years, been interested in HD or motorcycles all life. he was never moody and i only got him angry once in two years.

Being a AD/HD INTJ kid with allergy against pauses he had some impressive patience.

He within himself new that he was a habit animal and was together with some crazy ad/hd ex junkie now alcis girl who was completely unpredictable. he did that to get some chance in hes life i believed.

he basically said right out: its exciting i never know whats going on when i come home.

One day she took a drill and drilled in 3 parker screws in her hand.
before she went to sleep in a alcho/pill state.

Hes view at work was highly respected as he had the importance of things clearly structured. Plus he was knowledgeable of course.

I learned a lot from that little lazy chain smoking bugger.

Completely new ways of thinking. Can you imagine that.
It got its own feeling too.

I don`t think i know any INTJ persons.

puhh fkn essay.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In terms of sheer brainpower, I've met a few who I considered significantly smarter than me... but it doesn't happen a lot. There's a larger group I consider "in the same ballpark," though.

Out of the few I've met (people I figure who are around IQ 155-160+), they're typically lacking social skills, but one of them (HilbertSpace over on INTPc, but left the site two years ago or more) was able to engage people on a more human level.

I think sometimes people can be immensely smart but don't know how to make it relevant to daily human experience, which can be an issue... especially when it comes to being friends. The one guy, I think he means well... but I get tired of him following me around the one night a month I'm at a meeting he attends and having him tell me all about the new wonderful projects he's exploring. The problem is he knows I can basically understand what he's saying, and I know it must be hard for him not having a lot of outlets where people "get him"; but at that point, I don't want to "talk shop," I just want to relax and have a good time and hang.

I do best with people who are above average in intelligence but who know how to just relate on a human level and make their smarts relevant to daily experience.

As far as the type goes? I think the supersmart ones were NT types. Pretty much it varies within my range of intelligence and below -- it includes both N's and S's, and T's and F's.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It all depends on who I'm compared to in how intelligent I feel. Compared to the general population, well above average. However, I tend to hang out mostly with highly intelligent people, so I don't always feel particularly smart. On forums like these, I'd say most people are probably well above average in IQ. So I feel kind of average here.

unicorn010

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
N/A
I really don't mind if others I meet are as smart or smarter than me, it makes intelligence or talent seem like less of a burden when I realize I'm not the only one it causes to know 'too much' at certain times. I'm a solitary extrovert at times because people think they can pull you back in after you realize that they think they control what others are able to learn or imagine.

ENTJ