• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ and steamrolling others?

G

Glycerine

Yes but the ones I know do it when people are genuinely being idiots, people are not doing what needs to be done, and/or order needs to be restored.

Last edited:

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
If an ENTJ voicing their thoughts, which in perfect relation to reality easily crush the sputtering nonsense of others, is called steamrolling, what is the term for when others throw themselves, arms flailing and mouth sputtering regurgitated nonsense they trust as effective, in front of the advancing wheel?

My point is that our intentions are no more selfish than the silver tongued ENFJ, the difference is that we don't think twice about losing the allegiance of fools. The Fe parade-float/funeral procession method flattens just as many of your ideas, you just don't notice because you're so overcome with precisely the emotions they're plopping in your mouth and lovingly caressing down your throat.

I'd like to say it's a sign of respect for our opponents but it's not.

:p

G

Glycerine

Don't get me wrong.... Fe can also be imfamous for steamrolling. :D

G

Glycerine

What about both at the same time? :) I see it all the time in my military trained ESFJ dad... he definitely KNOWS how to chew people out like there's no tomorrow. For me, if I'm at my last straw, I will bulldoze the person...esp. my INFP mother... yikes.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If an ENTJ voicing their thoughts, which in perfect relation to reality easily crush the sputtering nonsense of others, is called steamrolling, what is the term for when others throw themselves, arms flailing and mouth sputtering regurgitated nonsense they trust as effective, in front of the advancing wheel?

My point is that our intentions are no more selfish than the silver tongued ENFJ, the difference is that we don't think twice about losing the allegiance of fools. The Fe parade-float/funeral procession method flattens just as many of your ideas, you just don't notice because you're so overcome with precisely the emotions they're plopping in your mouth and lovingly caressing down your throat.

I'd like to say it's a sign of respect for our opponents but it's not.

:p

^I like this. As an INTP, I can relate so much to what you said with the main difference being that I sometimes feel bad after I've "voiced my thoughts" (as you put it) in a blunt manner. When the other person is left looking like this :cry:, I feel like, "Jeez, did I really need to say what I just said? Maybe I was too tough on the guy" or whatever.

There is a new customer of mine who voiced a problem he had to me some weeks ago and I was unable to fix the problem for him. Out of my control and my boss specifically told me to "let it go". Well, a week or so later I made a mistake on this guys' account - it cost him probably $1 and about 30 mintutes of his time to fix the problem. He goes straight to my boss and tells my boss that I'm incompetent, that I should be replaced, and that his last point of contact was much better than me.

When I saw the customer today I said, "Do you have a minute? Listen, apparently we've gotten off on the wrong foot. I made a mistake on your account and that's my fault and I apologize for it. I aim to please my customers - that's my job and I hold myself to a very high standard of performance - one that is probably higher than any of my customers could expect of me - but, I'm also human, and I do make mistakes. I can assure you though, that I'm no less competent than anybody in this place. Now, what can I do to make this right with you? Is there anything, anything at all that I can do to make this a non-issue going forward? Give you a dollar to cover the expense? Take you to lunch? What can I do to make it right in your eyes? And while we're talking about it, is there anything else that I don't know about that you think I could do better? I can't fix what I don't know about, so let me know." And I'm sure I had that INTP "gaze" where I'm looking right through him. You can try to look away and laugh it off, but I'll still be looking right at you, right in your eyes and I won't even be hinting at a smile. I want a straight answer and I'm looking you right in the eyes until I get it. You aren't dancing your way out of this one.

He looked pretty shocked. It's the same kind of thing as you mentioned though - quit playing games and talking to my boss behind my back and then smiling at me when you see me. Deal directly with me - like a man. Let's be grown ups.

Difference between me and ENTJ's: When I walk away, I feel kind of bad. And since I know I'll feel bad when I do it, I'm very cautious of it the next time. Fe is always in the background going, "Remember last time you felt bad! Take it easy on the poor guy. Be nice!"

D

Dali

I went on a few dates with an ENTJ. They loved 'high-pressure aggressive banter' that would basically look like steamrolling to the casual observer and they loved it when I steamrolled them right back. It got too intense for me after a while so I had to back out (well, the steamrolling and the Fi gone wild. Some of y'all do not know how to handle your Fi when it crops up). I'm not certain whether the so-called steamrolling is prevalent in most ENTJs romantic liaisons but I sensed it in mine, alright.