• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ and steamrolling others?

Blown Ghost

MBTI Type
ESFP
Something's gotta happen, make up your mind and do eet. There will always be a million excuses and reasons why not. There will always be complainers.

Think. Decide. Execute. Don't make it more complicated than it really is. :nice:

pragmatic_skeptic8

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Absolute agreement here. ENTJs are far more reasonable and compassionate than ESTJs, especially when stressed or agenda-driven. I have had numerous encounters with fair-minded ENTJs tell me things I didn't want to hear and I disagreed with, but that was it, whereas I have also had even more numerous pissing matches with idiot, impatient, jumping-to-conclusions, ego-tripping, idiot, power-driven ESTJs with arguments like bottomless pails shouting me down. Those people relied on the force of irrational emotions and status alone. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Someday, the force of the pride and anger karma they live by will humble them. I pity them for that.

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
The SJ Guardians believe in respecting authority, so I can see where he's getting his motivation to do that.

Not like we all do though....

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I noticed a common theme among the posts of another thread that all ENTJs are bossy and tend to steamroll others.

ENTJ- Is this true in how you see yourself?

Others- Is this how you see most of the ENTJ you know?

No, but society favors the passive, docile and 'warm-hearted' folks so immensely, that straightforward and assertive is considered "bossy" and "steamrolling". :rolleyes2:

Not that I'm perfect. At times, I have gotten impatient or harsh with people, but it's an exception, not the rule.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Absolute agreement here. ENTJs are far more reasonable and compassionate than ESTJs, especially when stressed or agenda-driven. I have had numerous encounters with fair-minded ENTJs tell me things I didn't want to hear and I disagreed with, but that was it, whereas I have also had even more numerous pissing matches with idiot, impatient, jumping-to-conclusions, ego-tripping, idiot, power-driven ESTJs with arguments like bottomless pails shouting me down. Those people relied on the force of irrational emotions and status alone. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Someday, the force of the pride and anger karma they live by will humble them. I pity them for that.

LOL

anyway, yes - this seems about right to me. I think that SJ's in general have issues with understanding people's emotional motivations - they don't want to deal with the messiness of emotions, therefore they misread and dominate people unfairly. NT's sense of emotions can be appealed to (logically) even if they are being driven by agendas - probably because we have spent more time analyzing WHY people behave the way they do. We also don't like being reactionary (believe it or not) - if we appear that way, it's probably because we haven't been given an opportunity to respond appropriately (ie had something shoved in our face or pushed on us with pressure applied.) In general I think that steamrolling is an NT's last resort - unless they happen to feel under attack - then it might be their modus operandi. There is nothing worse than someone being smug or sanctimonious "just because", which I feel is much more prevalent in the SJ mindset than with NT's, even though they probably would totally disagree.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
All of you are a bunch of piss cutters. Go somewhere and chill out.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Ironing? yes, there is steam involved in that too.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
And the rolling? Sleeves?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My ENTJ best friend isn't really like this. He does have a way of having to get his way though. But he doesn't boss anyone around. In fact, I never saw him command anyone to do anything.