• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do ENTPs think of INTPs

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think you're being overly sensitive on behalf of ENTPs which is causing you to stray into logical fallacy. Of course, INTPs have their own insecurities, but because we care less/need less from the environment, we don't have the same tension between goals that I was trying to elucidate. That's not an insult, it's just an observation/theory which I find interesting, because on the surface they seem so full of self-confidence.

This isn't a subject that makes me sensitive at all. I have no reason to be sensitive about it. I've just known a good amount of ENTP's and, sure, they have insecurities like anyone else in life. But, it's not like they're even close to being "the most insecure people I know". They're not at all like that. I have no agenda to support the ENTP side, I just know some really cool ones who have accomplished some really interesting things and who are really interesting people, despite whatever insecurities they may have. I've learned a lot from them and they've learned a lot from me. That's just my honest, unbiased observation of the ones I've known. And I don't see them as being "more insecure than me" or other INTP's I've known. Just different types of insecurities.

And I'm not sure what statement I may have made that was "logical fallacy", I was just observing that the argument between you and her seemed to have a hint of "I'm going to win this argument if it's the last thing I do". A chess match of luring someone deeper into an argument and then when they offer a counter-argument, then all of the sudden there are "rolly eyes" and "I don't care what you think anyways, your opinions are useless to me". I guess I shouldn't have commented at all. Maybe you guys want to go a couple more rounds with each other. :shrug: But, it didn't come off as one person "pwning" the other by some flawless execution of logic. It just seemed like a back and forth "you're it!". "No you're it!"

digest's weak trolling of me in this thread and attempt to reframe everything I say as an attack is purely a reflection of her own transparent agenda. Don't fall for it.

I'll be on guard.

I actually came into this thread to defend ENTPs against some of noz's accusations.

Yeah, me too. Those ENTP's are good folks.

All this discussion demonstrates is that INTPs spend more time thinking about ENTPs than they do us. :laugh:

I don't give them any "extra" thought during the course of a day. I just know they're cool peeps, even with their insecurities.

I don't know, I'll just try to bow out of the food fight as gracefully as possible. I was just confused how everything went from "what do ENTP's think of us" (cuz I really wanted to hear what they had to say) to -----------------------------> ENTP's appear really confident on the surface but they're extremely insecure on the inside. How did it even get there? I mean, everyone has insecurities to some extent. Some cover it up with "toughness" and a "you can't touch me attitude" and others actually show their insecurity - it manifests itself in a more obvious way. I just wasn't sure what ENTP insecurities had to do with "what they think of INTP's".

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What is this insecurity you talk about ? Never heard about it :D

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What is this insecurity you talk about ? Never heard about it :D

It's the thing you desperately hide from people every day and then when you go home at night you look in the mirror and go :cry:

We're on to you ENTP's!!!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You all will make an old man like me end like this ... :unsure:

picture.php

:D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This isn't a subject that makes me sensitive at all. I have no reason to be sensitive about it. I've just known a good amount of ENTP's and, sure, they have insecurities like anyone else in life. But, it's not like they're even close to being "the most insecure people I know". They're not at all like that. I have no agenda to support the ENTP side, I just know some really cool ones who have accomplished some really interesting things and who are really interesting people, despite whatever insecurities they may have. I've learned a lot from them and they've learned a lot from me. That's just my honest, unbiased observation of the ones I've known. And I don't see them as being "more insecure than me" or other INTP's I've known. Just different types of insecurities.

And I'm not sure what statement I may have made that was "logical fallacy", I was just observing that the argument between you and her seemed to have a hint of "I'm going to win this argument if it's the last thing I do". A chess match of luring someone deeper into an argument and then when they offer a counter-argument, then all of the sudden there are "rolly eyes" and "I don't care what you think anyways, your opinions are useless to me". I guess I shouldn't have commented at all. Maybe you guys want to go a couple more rounds with each other. :shrug: But, it didn't come off as one person "pwning" the other by some flawless execution of logic. It just seemed like a back and forth "you're it!". "No you're it!"
1. The logical fallacy is the straw man you're trying to defeat. No one has said ENTPs are bad people. You're still doing it, Don Quixote.

2. I don't know why you want to insinuate yourself into a petty dispute that doesn't concern you (and that is over, afaic).

I was just confused how everything went from "what do ENTP's think of us" (cuz I really wanted to hear what they had to say) to -----------------------------> ENTP's appear really confident on the surface but they're extremely insecure on the inside. How did it even get there?
See entropie's posts. Or, see entropie.

If you want that the Off-topic posts be split off, ask a mod. You're not really helping get things back on track with this whining.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I still dont get this insecure thing and the blackening of people who are accused of doing something. I mean the sole question "what do entps think" is a dangerous one and if you expect a clear and structured answer, you should have better not asked.

But this talk about if someone is insecure and who did what to start a thing while at the same time there is no willigness to take responsibility for your own actions, this comes off as very childish to me.

You wanted to know what I think of intps and I told it to you, picking you as an example. I will never be able to tell what I think of all intps, cause everyone is different.

You will never be able to sell an entp for an intp. And that's a thing that got a bit lost in this thread. It's true that you shoot an idea quicker being an entp, before you really have thought about it. But that is our identity and you cant take that away.

What noz criticised regarding his professor. Well it's a well-known thing too at my University that students tend to be rather quiet and dont participate in lectures. That may be due to the new setting at University, the unknown people but its in no moment an indicator for me his professor is entp. I rather think there are many professor around the globe, who tell that to their students, to engage them in having the courage to say what they think and bring new ideas on the subject.

It's a well-known fact aswell that everyone has personal problems. For an entp it is one of the toughest things in the world to admit that. But to forceably impute insecurities on him or her isnt really the way that is good taste. I have not opened up to many people in my life and this will not change what I tho never liked were people who always thought I have a problem and made it their sole duty to get me to show it, tho I was feeling good.

I am sad this thread has ended that way, some time ago with other intps around it could have went differently. Tho I am not sad on the same hand because the thread is a good example for what's going on in regard to the op's question.

My grandpa is an intp and he's the most aggravating human I know on earth. He is a smart-alec, he does remember words you said to him he didnt like from ten years in the past and still charges you with them 10 years after, he is a very concentrated man but he hardly reflects himself thru others and you have to be a good reader to understand what is bugging him or what he is feeling. I like him very much, he taught me alot about electronics and mechanics, he's a bright man and tho there's a deep war between him and my father ( istp ), I still try to balance the relationship between both out, when I can.

I think that intps can talk more with i.e. intjs about some topics is true too, it's sad for me as an entp but true. This probably will never change, but why should it ? It's only important that at least everyone has someone to talk to. What I personally tho think of intps and feel is mandatory for them is that they reflect how they are perceived thru the eyes of others. It will be a big learning experience in life and there will be a lot of misinterpretation by others aswell, but this again is a learning experience.