• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do ENTPs think of INTPs

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I never seek intellectual stimulating conversations or how I call them: philosophical conversations.

It seems to me that you were partially at least refering to intellectuals.
Intellectuals as a class of people are generally people I define as sucking at everything else and assuming that it makes them good at 'being intellectuals'.
At least the vast majority. I was talking about one's intellectual life. Not the same thing.

You can have a really interesting talk about anything really. The issue is most of the time people start a conversation about something they know about, and if I can be bothered it takes about 15 seconds tops to start feeling the limits of their views. So I grew 'blasé' with time.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why ask the question if you don't think it applies? ;)

We really need to retitle this thread already. It's been hijacked by ENTP neediness.

everyone is insecure at some point. you've replaced HOW an insecure ENTP may attempt to gain security with insecurity as being a trait. it's not other than the 'how'. everyone feels this way at some point. it doesn't mean their type is insecure at all times or even most of the time.

and, asking a question to attempt to understand what your insults are about does not equal neediness other than the need to be curious about another's perspective. an actual trait.

throughout this thread, you've taken every opportunity to twist things people have said into something you can use as an insult even when it's obvious it wasn't meant to be. i'd ask if you have a problem with ENTPs, but you do this shit with everyone.

you're the personification of 'internet balls'.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It seems to me that you were partially at least refering to intellectuals.
Intellectuals as a class of people are generally people I define as sucking at everything else and assuming that it makes them good at 'being intellectuals'.
At least the vast majority. I was talking about one's intellectual life. Not the same thing.

You can have a really interesting talk about anything really. The issue is most of the time people start a conversation about something they know about, and if I can be bothered it takes about 15 seconds tops to start feeling the limits of their views. So I grew 'blasé' with time.

d'accord

One question: did you ever thought about to refine your language for so long that you one day will find the perfect words, which without much explanation needed, will give the other person without being impolite, the idea they have to widen their views cause there's more to it ?

To me this has been a quest from day 1 on ( I had a 2 year major drawback, smoking pot really causes extreme speech disorder, cause your brain has left the building :D )

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
everyone is insecure at some point. you've replaced HOW an insecure ENTP may attempt to gain security with insecurity as being a trait. it's not other than the 'how'. everyone feels this way at some point. it doesn't mean their type is insecure at all times or even most of the time.

and, asking a question to attempt to understand what your insults are about does not equal neediness other than the need to be curious about another's perspective. an actual trait.

throughout this thread, you've taken every opportunity to twist things people have said into something you can use as an insult even when it's obvious it wasn't meant to be. i'd ask if you have a problem with ENTPs, but you do this shit with everyone.

you're the personification of 'internet balls'.
LOL. But what do you think of INTPs?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Is that the one who joins private forums just to shit talk people and gossips on VM about other members here?

Yeah, I heard about her. Bad news.

if you're saying that i did that, then bravo on one, saying it about someone who didn't do that, and two, bringing up something that happened ages ago YET AGAIN. do you have no other ammunition? because that one trick is impotent.

no matter where i am, i say what i think to people directly just as i'm doing now.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What Tewt said. I also sometimes wish that what they do say wasn't so convoluted -- not for my sake ( or other ENTPs'... we can understand their technobabble most of the time), but everyone else's. Take this post for example. I had to read it twice so I could translate for MDP.

totally agreed. we can be pretty effin effed up people. quick q though, how come you didn't end up understanding what I said.. twice even? I recall entropie never having an issue with this sorta stuff.

as for other ENTPs (entropie leading the list) trinity is the most well known member here who seemingly never has an issue.
as for younger entps here and irl, it seems to me that they have an issue viz INTPs mainly with the conflict created by I/E orientation mainly, and secondarily with Fe issues as exhibited by INTPs.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if you're saying that i did that, then bravo on one, saying it about someone who didn't do that, and two, bringing up something that happened ages ago YET AGAIN. do you have no other ammunition? because that one trick is impotent.
Wait... you didn't do it? Or it happened ages ago?

It's ok, you don't need to answer. Wouldn't want you to incriminate yourself.
Does this mean you're INTP now? :confused:
no matter where i am, i say what i think to people directly just as i'm doing now.
Sure, whatever you say, digest.

I, on the other hand, am known for my tact and discretion. It's a mighty burden, but I shoulder it willingly.
:smiley_violin:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*tips hat*
I'm here all week.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You know what they say in the shady business: dont call us we'll call you ;)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can be fairly confident that I won't call you.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Wait... you didn't do it? Or it happened ages ago?

It's ok, you don't need to answer. Wouldn't want you to incriminate yourself.
Does this mean you're INTP now? :confused:

Sure, whatever you say, digest.

i didn't do what you're accusing me of doing, and what you're accusing me of doing happened with you and a few others a long time ago. you're grasping at straws yet again as you always do when someone calls you on your out-of-the-blue, unprovoked insults. and, this particular feeble stab is the same one you always attempt to use.

can you really not find another insult for me? come on, try.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
d'accord

One question: did you ever thought about to refine your language for so long that you one day will find the perfect words, which without much explanation needed, will give the other person without being impolite, the idea they have to widen their views cause there's more to it ?

To me this has been a quest from day 1 on ( I had a 2 year major drawback, smoking pot really causes extreme speech disorder, cause your brain has left the building :D )
answer:
2 words
"Grow up"
or the dramatic version : "Grow the fuck up"

you have to be impolite, otherwise u get into the safe words like 'open minded' which are most used by closed minded people to make themselves feel good about how special they are.
It's about giving people a kick, no amount of ass kissing is ever going to do it. Evolution isn't about half measures. And you can't really "teach people to think for themselves" by definition.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Thank you for answering my questions, entropie! That was very helpful.

answer:
2 words
"Grow up"
or the dramatic version : "Grow the fuck up"

you have to be impolite, otherwise u get into the safe words like 'open minded' which are most used by closed minded people to make themselves feel good about how special they are.

It's about giving people a kick, no amount of ass kissing is ever going to do it. Evolution isn't about half measures. And you can't really "teach people to think for themselves" by definition.

I hear that a lot from younger ENTPs, and it's possible you get "what people really think" from some people by being impolite or pushing their buttons. However, you don't get it from all people. After a certain point in life, people tire of getting poked and prodded and they expect people to have acquired some social tools. So rather than yell at you, revealing their "true thoughts," they'll simply think you're obnoxious and walk away. And you might draw the wrong conclusion from that exchange, assuming that there is something wrong with most people in the world when it might have been the approach that needed tweaking.

You don't have to kick people's asses. Like entropie says, if you know how to ask the right questions in the right manner (respectfully, and as if you give a damn what they think), and if you have created an environment where they feel comfortable sharing that information with you, you will find that there are some very bright people in the world. You can't just expect people to share their innermost thoughts and philosophies just because someone brashly walked up and demanded it of them.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
because you obviously have mad social skills

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i didn't do what you're accusing me of doing, and what you're accusing me of doing happened with you and a few others a long time ago. you're grasping at straws yet again as you always do when someone calls you on your out-of-the-blue, unprovoked insults. and, this particular feeble stab is the same one you always attempt to use.

can you really not find another insult for me? come on, try.
I feel like I pwned you enough already for one thread. I'm not a total sadist.

A brief review will demonstrate that I merely agreed with another ENTP's assessment of ENTP characteristics. Then you jumped all over me and started with your characteristically unoriginal personal attacks. *yawn*
Give it up already.