• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Hate an INTJ? Tell us why!

INTJs are...

• Awesome!

Votes: 51 65.4%
  • okay I guess... whats so special about them?

Votes: 27 34.6%

• Total voters

WhatsInAName

Back to topic: you'd never guess from first appearances, but INTJs can be extremely hypersensitive at times and will blow off a gasket over any little thing. And by hypersensitive I don't mean in the cute cuddly manner either.

Yes, I think that it is due to the fact that we (those with the INTJ type) are prone to get too serious about the meaning of things and 'carry' it around with us. When under stress, we obsess over things, become desparate to 'make it right'. When we can't do that, start counting the body bags....

Last edited:

WhatsInAName

What do you mean, not in a cute and cuddly manner? It's very adorable! :D

Gawd I hate it when people know how to push my buttons. I mean, COME ON, if you just READ that, spent a LITTLE time doing a LITTLE research, then that's all I'd really care about -- even if you don't get it -- it's fine, just show that you care, I mean, arggghh, why are you laughing? WTF? It's not funny. These are my 'feelings', damn it. And... he's off....

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I have a friend who is an INTJ. He is a just slightly (very) socially handicapped but he is getting better at least. hah. He is a pretty cool guy, but most people think he is weird and I dont think he has any idea that people view him that way.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gawd I hate it when people know how to push my buttons. I mean, COME ON, if you just READ that, spent a LITTLE time doing a LITTLE research, then that's all I'd really care about -- even if you don't get it -- it's fine, just show that you care, I mean, arggghh, why are you laughing? WTF? It's not funny. These are my 'feelings', damn it. And... he's off....

Not all of us are as skilled as you at figuring out where to start as the project or new material can seem quite daunting.. For that matter..how can you research something if you dont' even know what you're looking for yet? Somehow, you boy instinctively know where to start or how to flesh out where to start...not all of us are that good :)

And it's funny becoz you get fussy over the silliest things..that pole up your ass causes you at times quite a bit of unnecessary frustration :D

Thinkaboutit

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've noticed that INTJs are more emo than they initially appear to be. I definitely can see in quite a few of them that they have Fi, but I'm more with Satine in it being "adorable" that these uber-logical people also have this inner squishy.

Of course the only real problem with an INTJ doing this is if they don't realize they're being emotional and want to claim they're being objective or logical. OMFG that's annoying.

I must admit I never show emotion in tense or sad situations, however, I think there must be some bottling up going on. Sometimes when I see an emotional commercial I will "feel" the tears about to come. That's when I slap myself and say, "WTF it's a stupid commercial" and immediately snap out of it.

Sad or extremely inspiring movies (Rudy) can be hard though, but even still I'm better than most.

Oh yeah! We are always being logical! Any Fi you see has been thoroughly checked for logical fallacies and defects. Otherwise feelings are useless and not allowed!!!

Last edited:

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Yay!!!

INTJs are

- Cold
- Insensible
- Bad boyz/gurlz
- Meanie weanies
- Nerds
- Antisocial
- Clean freaks
- Grammar nazis
- Too serious
- No sense of humor
- No emotions
- Ugly ^_^
- Not good at sports
- Rejects
- They're obsessed with their world domination plans
- Wich will never happend
- They don't like my chocolate cookies
- Maybe because I never made chocolate cookies... but they didn't teach me how!!
- They're too dark
- Unrespectful
- Cocky
- Arrogant
- Narcissitissiticisic (no clue how to spell)
- They are... uh!!! Bad!

:) yay

But I love all these aspects of INTJ-ness. <Sigh.>

:wubbie:

Thinkaboutit

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yay!!!

INTJs are

- Cold
- Insensible
- Bad boyz/gurlz
- Meanie weanies
- Nerds
- Antisocial
- Clean freaks
- Grammar nazis
- Too serious
- No sense of humor
- No emotions
- Ugly ^_^
- Not good at sports
- Rejects
- They're obsessed with their world domination plans
- Wich Which will never happend :nono:
- They don't like my chocolate cookies
- Maybe because I never made chocolate cookies... but they didn't teach me how!!
- They're too dark
- Unrespectful Disrespectful
- Cocky
- Arrogant
- Narcissitissiticisic (no clue how to spell) It's narcissistic
- They are... uh!!! Bad!

:) yay

I only make my bed when people may be coming over, and I'm funny you just don't get it.
Also an INTJ can be great at sports; I dont know where that came from.

The rest of these compliments are spot on! Muchas gracias

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have to agree, you guys have alot of humor. Pretty much everything you say can be interpreted as funny. :D

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have to agree, you guys have alot of humor. Pretty much everything you say can be interpreted as funny. :D

Haha, unintentionally anyway. 99% of NTs that think they're funny in spite of the fact that one else gets their humor aren't funny...at all. Lots of them don't know the difference between shocking and funny.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Eh...some INTJs are funny. Many are witty if not full-on funny. Others are incredibly dry and boring.

Oh yeah! We are always being logical! Any Fi you see has been thoroughly checked for logical fallacies and defects. Otherwise feelings are useless and not allowed!!!

I suppose this is a case of an INTJ being funny, because it's patently false. I think the problem lies in the NTJ assumption that you are being logical, even when you aren't...and in some circumstances that could not only be annoying, but even dangerous. I've encountered a couple of NTJs (ENTJs not just INTJs) who were being ridiculously biased (Fi) but insisted they were being logical, even if it otherwise seemed to others that the person had taken four hits of acid. That's Ni for you. Never forget that you guys are made of more than just Te...

I like many things about most INTJs I encounter, though, I really do. I swear.

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
Who says they're accurately typed? I think the point is that some ISTJs are typing themselves as INTJ.

But, think about it -- ISTJ's are the largest percentage of people in the real world, yet they don't have their own forum (that I know of). And, if many INTJ's are actually mistyped ISTJ's, then even the few who are posting online aren't clearly ISTJ enough to get their type correct.

I don't see a plethora of self-proclaimed INTJ's all over the internet/forums, but if even half of the ones I see are really ISTJ's, then it still doesn't reflect the majority that exist in the real world. Don't you find that interesting, if not odd?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
But, think about it -- ISTJ's are the largest percentage of people in the real world, yet they don't have their own forum (that I know of). And, if many INTJ's are actually mistyped ISTJ's, then even the few who are posting online aren't clearly ISTJ enough to get their type correct.

I don't see a plethora of self-proclaimed INTJ's all over the internet/forums, but if even half of the ones I see are really ISTJ's, then it still doesn't reflect the majority that exist in the real world. Don't you find that interesting, if not odd?

I'm not clear on whether or not you're defensive that you might be accused of being a fake INTJ, or if you're insisting that INTJs really are a boring bunch of people, after all.

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not clear on whether or not you're defensive that you might be accused of being a fake INTJ, or if you're insisting that INTJs really are a boring bunch of people, after all.

Neither one. I'm commenting about the disproportionate lack of ISTJ's on MBTI forums vs. the large number there are in real life. Even if they're there, but, as you said, disguising themselves as INTJ's because they're mistyped, it's still a pretty small number when you consider how large a percentage of the population is ISTJ.