• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Hate an INTJ? Tell us why!

INTJs are...

• Awesome!

Votes: 51 65.4%
  • okay I guess... whats so special about them?

Votes: 27 34.6%

• Total voters

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:offtopic: I fear derailing isn't allowed, sugar.

unicorn010

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
N/A
Actually, I admire a lot of fictional INTJs. They might be taken for crackpots, but they are also rather quick about picking up on things that such an individualistic thinker might be made the subject of ridicule or seen as trouble if they speak up too quickly about something unusual that is well indeed a fact.

ENTJ

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
* looking down on others, especially when they *feel* someone is imcompetent or a moron

*assume automatically that they *are* competent and their vision is always correct

*treat people like machines and get aggrevated when they cannot operate them properly, blaming the 'machine' for being defective :rolli:

* have a huge stick up their asses and need to let go more

* get aggrevated when others aren't prioritizing time-efficiency, even while during their free time (not just at work) and seem to not grasp the fact that not everyone has an orgasm everytime they can plan everything to maximum efficiency.

There.

And, Satine, in theory us ENFPs are supposed to choose them to marry! I've had a bad experience with a person just how you've described it. No way would I marry one!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Um, guys on INTJ forum think that trying to correct my French when I actually read and write French better than they do is a form of flirting?

OMFG that's annoying. That website is enough to make someone hate all INTJs forever, and I swear I thought I liked them.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Um, guys on INTJ forum think that trying to correct my French when I actually read and write French better than they do is a form of flirting?

OMFG that's annoying. That website is enough to make someone hate all INTJs forever, and I swear I thought I liked them.

You'll be pleased to know that few people on that site are actual INTJs.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Indeed I've gone by the same perception.

Noon

...Just curious, but how do you, INTJs, know when someone is not really INTJ? What do you look for? Is it intuitive or do you engage said someone and experience too significant a disconnect?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And, Satine, in theory us ENFPs are supposed to choose them to marry! I've had a bad experience with a person just how you've described it. No way would I marry one!

I have one at home, domesticated and all for about 11 years now :devil:
The thing is, I don't *mind* those things, especially as, if I call him on it, he'll either defend his stance or go 'meh, you're right.' Anyone has flaws, it's a matter of being aware of them and being big enough to admit that you do that, when it counts, that is really important imo. I actually think they're kinda cute on him, as long as he can laugh at it when I poke fun at him for it ;)
And fwiw, he does the same with my flaws :ninja:

F

figsfiggyfigs

Hahahaha preach. That's the one forum I rarely visite. Almost everyone has a knowledge-stick stuck up their ass.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
...Just curious, but how do you, INTJs, know when someone is not really INTJ? What do you look for? Is it intuitive or do you engage said someone and experience too significant a disconnect?

I don't visit INTJforum, but, regarding your question: I can smell Ni. Then, it's about figuring out the quantity (dom or aux; skill at usage) and what function(s) is/are adjacent to it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Maybe that's it. Maybe I still love INTJs but hate ISTJs who think they're INTJs. :coffee:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That can't be right. ISTJ's don't really do forums.

There are several on this web site who hang out in vent all the time, so you're wrong about that.

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
But when you consider the numbers - there are more ISTJ's than a lot of other types in the real world but, the last time I looked, they didn't have a forum of their own and even here they're outnumbered by INFJ's, who are supposedly the rarest type of all.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
But when you consider the numbers - there are more ISTJ's than a lot of other types in the real world but, the last time I looked, they didn't have a forum of their own and even here they're outnumbered by INFJ's, who are supposedly the rarest type of all.

Who says they're accurately typed? I think the point is that some ISTJs are typing themselves as INTJ.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ

I think a lot of INTJs on there are simply too young and immature. That kind of INTJ tends to be more pro-INTJ and conceited. Immature INTJs are much more likely to be rude and condescending than ISTJs, I think.

*based on personal experience

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think a lot of INTJs on there are simply too young and immature. That kind of INTJ tends to be more pro-INTJ and conceited. Immature INTJs are much more likely to be rude and condescending than ISTJs, I think.

I don't know some of the INTJs on there are like quirky cool, but the really super boring stick-in-the-mud types strike me as quite possibly ISTJs. I mean even the most irritating, condecending INTJs like Provoker still have something resembling a personality, and the delusions can be kind of entertaining.

The scenario in question was a guy complimenting my photo, in French, saying I was kind of cute...but then accusing me of not actually speaking French, in incorrect French grammar. It was actually a lot of fun to correct him after he tried to pull that shit - I'm pretty sure that, yeah, that's INTJ behavior. But it completely fails as flirting.

And I don't think all of the rude, condecending ones are young. I mean they're people and not all of them are going to be the same. But I think the suggestion that many of the members on there are actually ISTJ is not an uncommon one.

S

Sniffles

Same can be said of immature INFJs too, as can be seen at the INFJ forum. :rolli:

Back to topic: you'd never guess from first appearances, but INTJs can be extremely hypersensitive at times and will blow off a gasket over any little thing. And by hypersensitive I don't mean in the cute cuddly manner either.