• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
TAKE ME ON

/ along with the quoted handle of bluemonday, the above post is almost too 80's to handle

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Some of us aren't into game-playing at all.

Holy fuck. You're kidding me.

I thought it was a prerequisite for any XNTP. *rolls eyes*

Actually games are fun, I like 'em well enough, but I have to say that I prefer delving into an abstract idea or subject (aka, reading at length) much more.

ENTPs, you take the cake. *bows and smirks*

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depends on the "game".

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends on the "game".

They don't mean shuffleboard, grandpa! Get outta here! Don't you have some high-waisted pants you need to let out after the all-you-can-eat earlybird buffet?!

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
INTPs are the only type who could persistently go off topic on a thread that's here for the exlusive purpose of puffing up their egos. That kind of modesty's got to be worth doubleplussgoodpraisetalk for them ;)

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
*leering* You wanna ride on my handlebars, little girl?!

Whaoo-oh-oh
Young girl, get out of my mind
My love for you is way out of line
Better run, girl
You're much too young, girl

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Things i appreciate about INTP's:

1. They are easy to petrify.(Just act like a silly Extraverted Sensor stereotype and their gone).
2. They are easy to annoy.
3. They are very sharp/observant.
4. They are strategically competent(If engaged in any team game... i'd like to have an INTP on my side).
5. Usually have a hilarious sense of humor.
6. They make good advisors.. and pets.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Things i appreciate about INTP's:

1. They are easy to petrify.(Just act like a silly Extraoverted Sensor stereotype and theirthey're gone).
3. They are very sharp/observant.

say "Behold, point #3 at work!"

end alienation (INTP_fans)

//note to self
//dont do that again

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
INTPs are awesome.

This is fact.

The best MBTI type by a magnitude of 10 at the minimum.

But sometimes INTPs forget this. They get caught up in dealings with their inferiors: non-INTPs of lesser intelligence, dealings with icky feelings or whatnot.

So in addition to creating this forum for you (you're welcome), what other ways do you appreciate the greatest of MBTI types, the INTP?

Flattery will get you everywhere Mr. MacGuffin

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
what makes INTPs enjoyable:

-they are problem solvers and fixers of things (thanks for being helpful and not too arrogant!)
-they give honest feedback
-they have interesting insights
-they're smart in a non-showy way (thanks for reminding me that intelligence doesnt always make a person an ego monster)
-they have a great sense of humor (thanks for saying politically incorrect things in front of my family!)

what makes INTPs annoying:

-they always win at every video game (save for dance dance revolution which they hate anyway)
-they are unaware of how they come off to others (that's right, i know your weakness)
-they laugh at your mistakes/pain
-they are totally flaky, slapdash, and generally scattered (don't expect them to remember your birthday!)
- they need to be persuaded to socialize but if you engage them on the right (or wrong!) topic they don't stop!

Clearly the good outweighs the bad. ;)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-they are unaware of how they come off to others

We do know this, but we generally are clueless what to do about it, or how the hell it happened.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPs ARE THE PINNACLE OF HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I don't actually think I know any INTP's to be honest. However, I am appreciative that when I decide to take over the world, that yeu'll be there to help increase my body count in the carnage. Bigger numbers is always good. Except in golf. Because in golf, the best number to have is "I couldn't be bothered to wander out in the hot sun for several hours straight looking for a tiny little ball lost in the weeds somewhere".