• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Why don't you go play hide-and-go-second-guess-yourself-until-you-collapse-into-existential-meltdown?

It's a perennial favorite among INTPs I know, personally. ;)

I already beat that game. *yawn* Next.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't really say anything bad about INTPs, I can say plenty of good though.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you are depressed, INTPs are useful because their very existence is a proof that there are a lot of people who are more screwed and fucked-up than you could ever possibly dream to be.

They're the ultimate losers type, somehow. :huh:

(That's why I like them, or at least, some of them)

When the type you believe you are master over, can't be manipulated as much as you'd hope you become hostile? :p

No idea where you get the idea of INTP being a loser type either. I've built up quite a lot so far in my life, and am a quite succesful entrepeneur. Even though I'm an INTP. I quite enjoy the world we live in.

INTP's rock, we're the foundation of society. In my opinion! We're constantly being walked over, but without us there wouldn't be enogh support for the chaotic counterparts. *flex*

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP- someone I can relate to in a lot of ways (we perceive the world in the same way), yet see the distinct differences to keep the friendship interesting. I can share any crazy idea I have and get a real response and get some real input. This seems to be the basis of INTP humor with me, taking a crazy idea that can't happen to seeing what would happen if it actually went through. Then we laugh.

It's basically we are a lot alike, and we can relate to each other a lot, and yet we see the differences and those differences intrigue the other. Pretty much some of my best friendships have been with INTPs.

I also like how INTPs give me advice. Typically I will get very personal with issues of mine, and INTPs can get so detached and give me advice based on that point of view. It's pretty refreshing, I like the typical no bullshit attitude when it comes to issues. There is also just enough silliness for relations to be fun, and just enough seriousness to have deep conversations.

I'm pretty tired right now, normally I could think of something else. I could go on and on. I grew up with INTPs in my life, my dad is one (I have a great deal of respect for him) and about five of my friends out of ten are INTP.

Patriot

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hi, I'm Patriot and I appreciate INTPs.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
When the type you believe you are master over, can't be manipulated as much as you'd hope you become hostile? :p

No idea where you get the idea of INTP being a loser type either. I've built up quite a lot so far in my life, and am a quite succesful entrepeneur. Even though I'm an INTP. I quite enjoy the world we live in.

INTP's rock, we're the foundation of society. In my opinion! We're constantly being walked over, but without us there wouldn't be enogh support for the chaotic counterparts. *flex*

Seriously! without us, where would everyone get their cool ideas? :D

INTP- someone I can relate to in a lot of ways (we perceive the world in the same way), yet see the distinct differences to keep the friendship interesting. I can share any crazy idea I have and get a real response and get some real input. This seems to be the basis of INTP humor with me, taking a crazy idea that can't happen to seeing what would happen if it actually went through. Then we laugh.

It's basically we are a lot alike, and we can relate to each other a lot, and yet we see the differences and those differences intrigue the other. Pretty much some of my best friendships have been with INTPs.

I'm pretty tired right now, normally I could think of something else.

ahh real appreciation.. Two of my best friends are INFPs ;)

Hi, I'm Patriot and I appreciate INTPs.

Welcome! and thanks for the love

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I edited my post just so you know, I added more.

Patriot

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I can share any crazy idea I have and get a real response and get some real input. This seems to be the basis of INTP humor with me, taking a crazy idea that can't happen to seeing what would happen if it actually went through. Then we laugh.

Yes!

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, I find myself giving a lot of advice to INFPs.

You've inspired me to make/go find a INFP appreciation thread. INFPs just seem so misunderstood (the ones I know). You guys make me want to dust off my Fe.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You guys tend to inspire me to debate. Funny thing is, I never have to be afraid of being judged with anything I say in a debate or in general. I'd say my main fear in a social situation is screwing up, and INTPs just simply aren't judgmental. People can take that for granted a good deal, and it's not really to be taken for granted. Being judged by someone and having to watch what I say is usually stressful in a social situation, and all of that dissipates when I'm around INTPs. All they want is the objective truth about something. I'm more prone to screwing up when I have to watch what I say, so I find that communication is natural and flawless toward INTPs for me, since I'm not constantly being evaluated. And screwing up is a big fear, so I'm sure you see where the benefit is in that.

My Te is protected, I will admit that. I don't usually have to worry about getting judged for having inferior Te around any of the INTPs I know, since even when something I say doesn't make sense they seem to understand where I'm coming from and expand on that so what I'm saying makes sense to myself and them. They seem to appreciate the fact that I use the Te, to put in that effort to add to the debate about something. Debate to an INTP is a way of seeing someone else's point of view, the way that that person expresses that point of view usually doesn't matter (in most cases, unless it's like being super annoying and loud about it. But you get what I mean). Most of the time at the end of a debate with an INTP we leave it both more read up on the subject then when we entered, due to the other's different ways of seeing things.

This may be why you find yourself giving advice to us, since we aren't afraid of what you're going to say.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
You guys tend to inspire me to debate. Funny thing is, I never have to be afraid of being judged with anything I say in a debate or in general. I'd say my main fear in a social situation is screwing up, and INTPs just simply aren't judgmental. People can take that for granted a good deal, and it's not really to be taken for granted. Being judged by someone and having to watch what I say is usually stressful in a social situation, and all of that dissipates when I'm around INTPs. All they want is the objective truth about something. I'm more prone to screwing up when I have to watch what I say, so I find that communication is natural and flawless toward INTPs for me, since I'm not constantly being evaluated. And screwing up is a big fear, so I'm sure you see where the benefit is in that.

My Te is protected, I will admit that. I don't usually have to worry about getting judged for having inferior Te around any of the INTPs I know, since even when something I say doesn't make sense they seem to understand where I'm coming from and expand on that so what I'm saying makes sense to myself and them. They seem to appreciate the fact that I use the Te, to put in that effort to add to the debate about something. Debate to an INTP is a way of seeing someone else's point of view, the way that that person expresses that point of view usually doesn't matter (in most cases, unless it's like being super annoying and loud about it. But you get what I mean). Most of the time at the end of a debate with an INTP we leave it both more read up on the subject then when we entered, due to the other's different ways of seeing things.

This may be why you find yourself giving advice to us, since we aren't afraid of what you're going to say.

Wow, it's almost like you knew me and my INFP friend :shock:
That's exactly how it is. I never really thought about it that indepth.
The only thing I hate about our friendship is that she always changes when we're around other people. When it's me and her, it's like two opposite sides of a coin, but when there are other people around it's like shes hiding herself almost to the point where I feel like I can't talk to her. It really bugs me, but sometimes she looks at me in a certain way as if to say "I'm still in here."

L

Lasting_Pain

:hug:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
clap.gif
congrats on winning the biggest freak award. you guys earned it.... for real.
t7xhappy.gif