• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
INTP's are admirably deep and surprisingly funny. They also appreciate me, which I love.

I like surprising them with my intensity. They initially think, "Oh damnit, another ESFP..." But, then I hit them with the N! And, the connection is like WHOA, what?!

Love INTPs.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INTP's are admirably deep and surprisingly funny. They also appreciate me, which I love.

I like surprising them with my intensity. They initially think, "Oh damnit, another ESFP..."
Yeahhhhhh.... I like ESFPs and ENFPs equally. I think the INTPs you're referring to are those who automatically hate popular people.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeahhhhhh.... I like ESFPs and ENFPs equally. I think the INTPs you're referring to are those who automatically hate popular people.

They've told me they hate the superficial flakiness and enjoyment of mainstream culture.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
They've told me they hate the superficial flakiness and enjoyment of mainstream culture.
Immaturity. I'd kill every one of my ESFP best friend's favorite musicians with a baseball bat, and he mine, yet we still get along like chili and bowls.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obviously not everyone is going to be the same time type. I'm talking on the whole.

Melancholic and stoical with an often whacky sense of humor. I would say that's intp.

Britain is ESTJ-central !

melancholy = SJ
stoicism = SJ
sense of humour = missing

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Britain is ESTJ-central !

melancholy = SJ
stoicism = SJ
sense of humour = missing

Melancholy is SJ?

http://www.intpcentral.com/?mode=content&action=profile said:
Introverted Sensing often plays an important role in the private world of the INTP. When he visits a place, whether new or already known, his Si function gives an overriding concern for the atmosphere or mood of the place. In his subconscious, he connects the present experiences of his surroundings with memories of his past, sometimes deep past. A sense of history, of universality, is almost always invoked. When on holiday, the INTP wants to experience above all the ambience of each location. Specific details in the present are relatively unimportant and will not be well remembered. However, the atmosphere or mood will be remembered long after, as though it were a solid object. Since people encountered on a holiday usually count as details, unless more personal contact develops, the INTP tends to be drawn more to lonely, isolated places where atmosphere is less disturbed. Nevertheless, the presence of people does add its own ambience which can also be appreciated considerably. The net result of this concern for past experiences and of mood/atmosphere is that INTPs belong centrally to those types referred to as melancolic. The INTP melancolic is typically drawn to wild polar expanses, to mountain ranges and all places on the edges of civilisation. Whatever his particular yearning might actually be, it has a common root. The homeland of the INTP's psyche is a small and cosy community, isolated in the middle of a vast expanse of wilderness.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the more I get to know other types...

the more I appreciate INTPs

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Then you like only about .000752% of the population.

More for me, I guess.

*kicks the sewer clown in the shin* Give me back, Tim Curry, you fiend!!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I like INTPs for their sense of humor. :)
This is bullshit. "Sense of humor" has anything to do with being INTP?

Would be nice if someone could post something meaningful, I mean we do deserve a little honest appreciation, I think.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Would be nice if someone could post something meaningful, I mean we do deserve a little honest appreciation, I think.

I want one as a pet. Honest.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm quiet and low-maintenance. Will you adopt me? :cheese:

SWEET! :heart: *fills a bowl with vodka*

*hides bodies of previous pet fishies and repeats affirmation: "She will survive me, she will survive me"*