• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
That compliment means nothing because you know nothing important about each other. It should not have any effect on you since it is coming from an ignorant source, but it does. That probably means you are jumping at any chance to recieve a compliment because you have low self-esteem. A true compliment is difficult to put into words. It should be the result of effort, time, sacrafice, and should be a reiteration of the truth.

Tiamat

MBTI Type
INTP
That compliment means nothing because you know nothing important about each other. It should not have any effect on you since it is coming from an ignorant source, but it does. That probably means you are jumping at any chance to recieve a compliment because you have low self-esteem. A true compliment is difficult to put into words. It should be the result of effort, time, sacrafice, and should be a reiteration of the truth.

Psychological projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6

Don't tell me you didn't get the joke.
Or please, DO tell me, and thus don't tell me you wanted to ruin it...:doh:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
It was unexpected that I told everyone I am unexpected maybe not to them, but to me.

sandwich

MBTI Type
INTP
I always expect InTJs to say unappreciative things in an appreciation thread. :tongue10:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Hey, people! Let's get back to the business at hand: tell us why INTPs are the best type on the planet. :party2:

Electric

MBTI Type
entj
Hey, people! Let's get back to the business at hand: tell us why INTPs are the best type on the planet. :party2:

INTPs are the best people since they are one of the easiest and most satisfying people to prey on. Their incredible nerdy jokes and very innocent demeanor warrants them a highschool beating.
bully.jpg

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
They make an excellent sidekick walking-dictionary.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Hm, I could indeed imagine INTP's rather be the sidekick than the superhero himself...

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay... suckered again! Came in hear to have my spirits bolstered a little and see a bunch of crap instead... get a life!

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Don't worry. Everyone is secretly jealous of INTPs.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Hm, I could indeed imagine INTP's rather be the sidekick than the superhero himself...

This makes sense. The sidekick gets to observe all the action, without getting placed in direct and immediate danger. :nice:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
This makes sense. The sidekick gets to observe all the action, without getting placed in direct and immediate danger. :nice:

And then gets barely any credit, little fame, and remains in the shadow of the superhero. Perfect INTP situation.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Today I held a directed, half-hour conversation with a director of corporate research -- an INTP with a well-earned Ph.D. She was, as I've come to expect from the type, calm and curious, impersonal to a fault, bothered only by concerns of gadgetry; overflowing with information but pellucid in argumentation. She was a little inchoate on a matter of mobilization and deployment, but again, it was no surprise. The exchange reminded me why INTPs are such a professional delight.