• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
According to the Jungian individuation theory, the answer is yes.

INTJs have a tertiary Fi, so that means adult or mature INTJs might develop a substantial sentimental awareness, a genuine sense of purpose and idealism.

INTPs, on the other hand, are supposed to be the most rational of the rationales.

---

But this is only theory, remember? ;)

I blatantly refuse to follow my predestined path. My T will smother my Fi into nothingness.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Are you saying you take pride in being insensitive and even envy INTP's for being considered more inconsiderate than you? :shock:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
No I do not pride myself upon insensitivity. I prefer it. I never said anything about INTPs.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
But if you prefer it, doesn't that mean you value it as something positive and thus (would want to) take pride in it?

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
No. Not really. I use insensitivity to control myself. For me, it is not a luxury, but a necessity.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Ah, but wouldn't it be better to call it rationalism then.
In my opinion, those two are no synonyms. One can be rational and still be empathic, and take (other's) emotions into account. The insensitive can't. But this may well be personal lexicology ;)

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Good point. I can be empathetic, but I on no account let my empathy rub off on my emotional condition.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I like INTP's logicality. It, not the insensitivity, is something I would pride myself in if I had it.

When my good friend INTP told me he could spend a week at a time not saying a word to anyone, I was astonished and in awe! I could not imagine that anyone could leave me alone for more than 12 hours (not counting sleep) without expecting me to say something back. I did not know that such people still existed that were blessed with such a magnificent period of silence who are actually living with a family. Boggled my mind.

I always and will always speak the same language as an INTP.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
I think we do use subtle irony all the time, and then are thrilled when the 1 person out of 1,000 picks up on it. It makes the other 999 times it went undetected worth it. Let's face it, though, most of the time, we're just amusing ourselves.
True. Unfortunately, that 1 out 1000 person doesn't seem to be around here much.

btw, out of curiosity, did anyone get what I meant when I said "We're all about maximizing our potential. That's why we don't want to realize any of it."? When you realize potential, it's no longer potential, thereby reducing your potential and working against maximizing it. Did anyone get that? Or did I rely too much on the reader?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
True. Unfortunately, that 1 out 1000 person doesn't seem to be around here much.

btw, out of curiosity, did anyone get what I meant when I said "We're all about maximizing our potential. That's why we don't want to realize any of it."? When you realize potential, it's no longer potential, thereby reducing your potential and working against maximizing it. Did anyone get that? Or did I rely too much on the reader?

The real irony is to explain the irony... :D

But yes, I got it... you're not alone, Martoon, no, you're not alone: Keep faith in your fellow-men... :hug:

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
The real irony is to explain the irony... :D

But yes, I got it... you're not alone, Martoon, no, you're not alone: Keep faith in your fellow-men... :hug:
Thanks, Blackmail. That's actually one of the nicest hugs I've received. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, that's it -- spread the luv & huggies!

.. wait, this is the INTP appreciation thread, wth are you doing?!

*head starts spinning around, ears twitch*

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, that's it -- spread the luv & huggies!

.. wait, this is the INTP appreciation thread, wth are you doing?!

*head starts spinning around, ears twitch*

Do you think there is such a thing as an INTP Carebear? :wubbie:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Constantly stressing the maximization of potential leads to the best efficiency. Why do we have to stop maximizing potential? It's an elitist society. Some work it out, some do not. The strong live and the weak die. That is how it's always been.

I always thought that realization of potential comes with accomplishments.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
If you read through the whole thread, a LOT of people. Even me.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
We should get rid of all appreciation threads and just make hater threads. Then we will see who survives the free-for-all. Ha!