• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
INTPs can suck my chunky monkey space nugget because incompatable male organs don't arrive on the doorstep of lady luck any time soon. She hates that shit because King Kong can barbeque on that same doorstep. Baboon stylez.

Contingent affirmations of synthetic algorithms ferment abiotic compounded organic anomalies.

If you desire evangelical empirical evidence of our audible yet internal cerebral hemorrhoids, just have a spew at manfiesting in the glory hole that is my post history. It will incubate in your lovely Jello™-like plexiglass hut of a brain housing group that you refer to as a mind.

Our verbal behavior pwnz you.

End Transmission

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPs can suck my chunky monkey space nugget because incompatable male organs don't arrive on the doorstep of lady luck any time soon. She hates that shit because King Kong can barbeque on that same doorstep. Baboon stylez.

Contingent affirmations of synthetic algorithms ferment abiotic compounded organic anomalies.

If you desire evangelical empirical evidence of our audible yet internal cerebral hemorrhoids, just have a spew at manfiesting in the glory hole that is my post history. It will incubate in your lovely Jello™-like plexiglass hut of a brain housing group that you refer to as a mind.

Our verbal behavior pwnz you.

End Transmission

Transmission received.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Personally I reckon that the greatest thing about being an INTP is that I get to almost choose how I react to things. Less of the knee jerk responses and more of the calm considered replies :static:

Oh yeah and it's peaceful being aloof :D

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
OK...

Now I will stop my rants about INTPs.

---

I'd say INTPs have the best potential ever compared to any other type.
But alas, most of the time, it's only this: potential.

An INTP who would be hard-working, humble, who would know when to be polite and who would be able to use third-degree humour/subtle irony could be the greatest among the greatest, the mightiest among the mightiest.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
An INTP who would be hard-working, humble, who would know when to be polite and who would be able to use third-degree humour/subtle irony could be the greatest among the greatest, the mightiest among the mightiest.
Why thank you.

:doh: Oh you meant a theoretical INTP. Oh well... :cry: I don't mind :(

Tiamat

MBTI Type
INTP
OK...

Now I will stop my rants about INTPs.

---

Leave me alone

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype

rofl. I don't care what anyone says, I love Blackmail

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Off the forum, other than hard-working, I completely fit that.

No joke at all.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPs are so wuvable and hawt!

I just want to love them and squeeze them to death!

:cheese:

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP

We're all about maximizing our potential. That's why we don't want to realize any of it.

Is there some kind of assumption that INTPs generally don't use third-degree humor/subtle irony? Is that why, every time I use it, no one catches it?

Tiamat

MBTI Type
INTP
Can you plz give examples of this intensity?? Is it of thought, feelings, depth or all/other things?
Im just curious.

I think we feel emotions more intensely than others, so much so that we need to suppress them in order to function properly. I've also put a lot of time and energy into building an internal structure as I'm sure many other INTPs do.
We also try to separate ourselves from the world in order to understand the properties of a person and the echoes they create. On top of all that, the drive for further understanding is one that could potentially leave an INTP malnourished, sleep deprived, and self-destructive.
So I would say we experience the Fe, Si, Ne and Ti both individually and collectively at an intensity that most other types wouldn't even comprehend.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
We're all about maximizing our potential. That's why we don't want to realize any of it.

Is there some kind of assumption that INTPs generally don't use third-degree humor/subtle irony? Is that why, every time I use it, no one catches it?

I think we do use subtle irony all the time, and then are thrilled when the 1 person out of 1,000 picks up on it. It makes the other 999 times it went undetected worth it. Let's face it, though, most of the time, we're just amusing ourselves.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
This beg the question. Are INTPs more insensitive than INTJs?

Tiamat

MBTI Type
INTP
I think we do use subtle irony all the time, and then are thrilled when the 1 person out of 1,000 picks up on it. It makes the other 999 times it went undetected worth it. Let's face it, though, most of the time, we're just amusing ourselves.

Ha, you're right
I think that 1/1000 thing goes for rants too...
I know I get really excited when I hear someone repeat a line I said months ago.

Honestly...I wouldn't really care that much if I were but I can't really speak for all INTPs...

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Trying to convince people you have the subtlest sense of irony, just by repeating it everywhere over and over again might not be the most visible evidence of it...

---

You know what autosuggestion is? :D

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

According to the Jungian individuation theory, the answer is yes.

INTJs have a tertiary Fi, so that means adult or mature INTJs might develop a substantial sentimental awareness, a genuine sense of purpose and idealism.

INTPs, on the other hand, are supposed to be the most rational of the rationales.

---

But this is only theory, remember? ;)

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Trying to convince people you have the subtlest sense of irony, just by repeating it everywhere over and over again might not be the most visible evidence of it...

---

... that's what I like about you: you are always willing to provoce people out of their self-respect :)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

---

I don't know why I'm even going to bother here, but I wasn't referring to repeating the same line over and over.