• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am an INTP, but I am so very much not the kind of INTP MacGuffin is. :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not to piss on anybody's chips, but the good points people are bringing up about INTP's seem to tend to rely on the INTP in question also being highly intelligent. And I know that not all INTP's are highly intelligent. When one is, it's great... sometimes.... but they're not all geniuses.

What good points do they potentially have by definition of their type, that don't rely on them having high IQ's?

I don't want to cause any trouble here, but it is possible that INTPs have a higher IQ on average.I don't know if that's true. :unsure:

What I do know is that Einstein(totally an INTP) scoffed at the idea of being a genius. When he described the things he accomplished, he said it simply came from looking at things in a way that others hadn't, and that was it.
You can obviously gather that the INTP has a lot of skills in common with other NTs, but I do believe(as we discussed in the past) that the INTP is the most objective of all the NTs. I also surmise that they are the most independent thinkers(and apparently voters).
I attribute many of my own abilities to the "man from mars" effect.
What may make us so famously inept in the social world also gives us extremely unique insight.
There are some things you can't see when you are right in the thick of all the hustle and bustle(that goes out to you, ENTPs :whistling:).

That's just my guess. I'm not trying to toot my own horn.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not to piss on anybody's chips, but the good points people are bringing up about INTP's seem to tend to rely on the INTP in question also being highly intelligent. And I know that not all INTP's are highly intelligent. When one is, it's great... sometimes.... but they're not all geniuses.

Only an ENTP would be demented or ballsy enough to flounce on into an INTP appreciation thread and deign to bombard us with this sort of inane claptrap.

*clap clap clap*
Do another trick! I want to see the monkey do another trick!
*clap clap clap*​

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When the INTP nation is formed, you guys had better make me ambassador general. It appears to be your only hope. :dry:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Only an ENTP would be demented or ballsy enough to flounce on into an INTP appreciation thread and deign to bombard us with this sort of inane claptrap.

Aw c'mon, I was only kidding around in much the same vein as the thread was already going along. :rolleyes:

(not to mention the INTP's who came into the ENTP appreciation thread and did the same thing!!)

But all that "we're so much closer to enlightenment because we're so different to everyone else" stuff... I mean c'mon, don't tell me you buy that...??

All I'm saying (though mainly joking, but it has truth in it) is that not all INTP's are geniuses. Surely you've no issue with that? I was genuinely interested in what good qualities people see in INTP's besides those things that hinge on high intelligence. I thought people were being a bit stereotypical and wanted to see something that looked a bit more genuine and less like an INTP profile script.

I was going to add some of my own after seeing what others came out with, FYI :tongue10:

edit - and I don't flounce!! :mad:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're SOOOOOO gullible. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:puppy_dog_eyes: you're not mad at me, are you?

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Am I gonna have to choose sides here? :cry:

There's a question of which side you'd be on??? :sadbanana:

You know, you could just wash your hands of the entire thing and go taunt MacGuffy some more. :smile:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think there's anything dubious about claiming that INTPs have insight through mental independence.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think there's anything dubious about claiming that INTPs can have insight through mental independence.

There. Fixed.

Jennifer... as if I was thinking that! I was actually thinking... well no, what I was actually thinking is not appropriate to write here, it'd just derail the thread. Could tell you in PM though - let me know if you wanna know.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There. Fixed.

Dude... Isn't the "can" assumed? I will step beyond "can" and say "more likely to". The whole system kind of stands on the idea that there are varying traits which are more prevalent in some types than others.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Dude... Isn't the "can" assumed? I will step beyond "can" and say "more likely to". The whole system kind of stands on the idea that there are varying traits which are more prevalent in some types than others.

Sure, no problem. Just making sure, that's all. :)

Honestly, I'm not an INTP hater. I was only kidding. You and Xander are two of my favourite people here :)

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't think there's anything dubious about claiming that INTPs have insight through mental independence.

Oh, they are independent alright... independent of reality

Oh, I slay me.

But I'll give you that. INTPs are smart, least by their own measures.