• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just canned a few posts that really ventured out of the purpose of this subforum and thread... Let's just keep it decent, okay? Thanks.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just canned a few posts that really ventured out of the purpose of this subforum and thread... Let's just keep it decent, okay? Thanks.

:(

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, cyber sex. Every NF's wet dream :coffee:

These are real accounts! At some point, I'd like the *permission to screw you* to subside, or to not have to grab you and rape you every time.
But I've also never dated an INTP for more than a few months at a time, so maybe I just wasn't witness to the full INTP sexual glory.

/benefit of the doubt

You must be dating the few bad INTPs out there...

I heard they exist.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You sure you're T and not F? :D

I used alcohol for all kinds of reasons, but never to forget.

I've been sober for years now, I quit using any mentally altering substances when I was 21. Before that, I've used in order to feel miserable and bad about myself. In order to feel alive and angry. In order to feel human. A very misformed human. But I never wanted to forget, anything. Not a single thing ever.

I did not drink to escape. I drank to experience. Because my sober self was all in control. Had it all figured out. But I didn't want things to be that easy. I wanted to feel pain about what I had experienced. I didUn't want to feel ok with it.

And I was young. When you're young, you're influenced by those around you. Rolemodels and whatnot. And they way I dealt with things, wasn't how others dealt with things. Made me feel alien, different. Alcohol made me act more like those around me. Anger, pain, emotional. All which seems so important to other people. Like it's important in judging how good you are as a human being. Without feeling pain, how can you tell right from wrong? It's logical that right can't be measured, if you don't know what wrong really is, and it seemed that wrong wasn't to me what it was to others. And I wanted to feel more like they do.. So, I didn't want to feel right, because feeling right would be wrong in the eyes around me. So I did whatever I could to feel wrong about it. Alcohol made me do that.

Anyhow, I grew up, snapped out of it. I became self aware, egotistical and confident. And drinking wasn't an option anymore. Just like that I gave up on it, and felt better ever since.

Anyways, I don't think an INTP can really escape anything. And I doubt there are INTP's that don't realize that. There may be a thousand different reasons for INTP's to use substances. But trying to escape ain't one of them.

I can relate. Beyond intial curiosity and experimentation, I've never had any interest and wouldn't be able to get high even if I wanted to. Which I don't. Escapism is for wimps.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I can relate. Beyond intial curiosity and experimentation, I've never had any interest and wouldn't be able to get high even if I wanted to. Which I don't. Escapism is for wimps.

+1.

Also I had read that the control over ones body issue is very "INTP", tertiary Si and all that. But hten in this htread it was called an INTJ trait.

Another reason making me suspicious of the "functions order" theories - in my experiences both people who I know have tested as INTJ and INTP can share this trait, and I wouldn't say it is stronger in one that the other.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
They won't shut up about it.

Keep quiet, old man!

INTPs aren't just nerds anymore.

A lot of them!

It starts off about pot, then legalization, bong cleaning, then onto shrooms and DXM...

One of the main differences in content here compared to INTPc is how much more drug talk there is over there.

I can take credit for the DXM thread. I think I even got a couple people to try it!

*shotguns a hit to blue's mouth*

Umm we might have to do this more than once, you don't always get high the first time. :)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also I had read that the control over ones body issue is very "INTP", tertiary Si and all that. But hten in this htread it was called an INTJ trait.

Another reason making me suspicious of the "functions order" theories - in my experiences both people who I know have tested as INTJ and INTP can share this trait, and I wouldn't say it is stronger in one that the other.
Hmm. I have tertiary Te. Which seems to make me an INTJ-ish INTP.
*shotguns a hit to blue's mouth*

Umm we might have to do this more than once, you don't always get high the first time. :)
You'll have to tie me down first.
/control issues
:)

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INTPs often use substances to escape.

True for me. Pot isn't my drug of choice, though. I hate feeling foggy headed.

And again, I spot function order bullshit over here.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And again, I spot function order bullshit over here.

So we get all these pages of appreciation and we don't even get to have tertiary Te or whatever non-typical function order some of us are bound to have?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
92 pages of appreciation? My general response to excessive kindness or praise is to become curious why I've accumulated so much pity.

Of course in this case I have the luxury of already knowing.