• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
We can't do that to him. Uber would enjoy it too much.

Now, now. Just because the thought of Uber smiling with glee makes my blood run cold doesn't mean we should rule out the concept entirely...

Perhaps we could use acid, instead?

disTant_eCHo

MBTI Type
INTP
They are good at making fun of people in an intelligent way. They are witty enough to make you forget they don't like doing stuff.
Get out of my thread, INTJ!

That said, whoever said the TC isn't INTP because of his narssism is wrong. I am INTP and extremely narssistic, but it's only because I rule.

KOzS

MBTI Type
INTP
Right on.. my kinda thread.. ok, thats all I have to add

:)

cdal233

MBTI Type
INTP
One one one INTP's are my favorite type to have a conversation with. In groups it can take a while before you realize that INTP's are intolerable. (And no I am not referring to INTPc.) INTP's shine when they are solo.

This is so true...

I feel like I can influence just about anyone of anything sparking some type of revelation... if I have the time and their respect when flying solo. Good thing us INTP's value truth, and don't seek power. The rest of the world can thank us later.

cdal233

MBTI Type
INTP
Lies! You INTPs pretend to not seek it and claim you're helping but all you INTPs seek power just as your poster ruler INTP Lord Voldermort did!!! :peepwall:

As of now, you're right... Truth = Power

And thats all we have.

I can definitely agree that if truth ever becomes something that is no longer influential, it's a good bet that INTP's will no longer have any value in our world.

So far that hasn't totally happened yet, and if it does, it's a pretty good bet we're screwed.

Unless we start using our truth to create complex lies....

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Lies! You INTPs pretend to not seek it and claim you're helping but all you INTPs seek power just as your poster ruler INTP Lord Voldermort did!!! :peepwall:

Voldemort didn't seek power, he was just shunned by a society that didn't love him. Maybe some people were charmed by him and by default he became a kind of revolutionary leader.

I have a similar plan in store for myself, but that will come much later.......

..............when the skies grow dark with the blood of the innocent, then you'll know.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
As of now, you're right... Truth = Power

And thats all we have.

I can definitely agree that if truth ever becomes something that is no longer influential, it's a good bet that INTP's will no longer have any value in our world.

So far that hasn't totally happened yet, and if it does, it's a pretty good bet we're screwed.

Hasn't totally happened yet? Are you so sure about that? It's different in every part of the world and in every culture and in every period in history. I'm sure it's happened on a number of occassions. We still have unrest EVERYwhere as so much Truth is distorted by those in charge (w/e lvl from gov't to the education system). So while Truth = Power it can also be said that Lies = Power. I'd bet my money on the latter (not that I employ it! I'm just aware of it! :thelook:) I'm pretty sure INTPs are dismayed by it as much as other types are lol

Voldemort didn't seek power, he was just shunned by a society that didn't love him. Maybe some people were charmed by him and by default he became a kind of revolutionary leader.

I have a similar plan in store for myself, but that will come much later.......

..............when the skies grow dark with the blood of the innocent, then you'll know.

Does that mean you'll be escaping Hades, Hades or was I mistaken in your ownership of that realm? I take the 'skies grow dark' being that you have overthrown Zeus....or else you'll have me believing you have multiple personalities and I shall endeavor to make sure I am never on your bad side.

So...I offer to be you first supporter, oh Mr. Fortbely!!! :yes:

cdal233

MBTI Type
INTP
Hasn't totally happened yet? Are you so sure about that? It's different in every part of the world and in every culture and in every period in history. I'm sure it's happened on a number of occassions. We still have unrest EVERYwhere as so much Truth is distorted by those in charge (w/e lvl from gov't to the education system).

Yes, it hasn't totally happened yet, thats why science and mathematics has influence. And 'happen yet' doesn't necessarily mean 'will happen'.

So while Truth = Power it can also be said that Lies = Power. I'd bet my money on the latter (not that I employ it! I'm just aware of it! :thelook:) I'm pretty sure INTPs are dismayed by it as much as other types are lol

You seemed to miss the blatant sign I acknowledged this point with the sentence...

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
You seemed to miss the blatant sign I acknowledged this point with the sentence...

Ah! I did miss it! :doh: I blame my selective blindness on it being nearly 5am and not having slept for 2 days (yet again)!! lol

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Alright, there are 16 pages and I haven't read any of them b/c I am a lazy sonofapeach like that.

BUT, from the title of the thread I will say that I appreciate INTPs for their underappreciated and often overlooked qualities.

INTPs (even the messed up ones) that I've known IRL are very generous and kind to their friends, even to the point of being taken advantage of or unwisely so. Which is why it helps them to have a friend with a strong NF..P for the 'people awareness' skills. INTPs for all their seriousness also have childlike silly sides, dorky (and I mean DOR-KAY) senses of humor, and form out of character "unwise/illogical" deep, sometimes sudden, but always long, long lasting and kind of random/undeserving attachments to people. The kind of attachments that even this ENFP has to look at like :shock: I don't even do that...I know better.

Also, 1 out of 3 I know is actually a good dresser. :yes:

The other two are more stereotypical "I don't care what I'm wearing, I barely know what day it is" types. But god bless 'em for adding variety.

TK*

MBTI Type
INFJ
I WUV INTPs! :heart: They're so quirky and fun! My first boyfriend was a INTP and since then I've had many a INTP friend. INTPs are my favorite of the NTs because unlike other NTs, INTPs are so friggin' cute! Emotionally clueless...socially awkward...intellectually brilliant...and yet so so laid-back and indifferent to their awesomeness! :D Hurray for INTPs!