• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Which type is mostly likely have this motto: Anything has a logical explanation

Anything has a scientific/logical explanation

• Total voters

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
INTJs are much more open to the inexplicability of phenomena and to chaos...

INTPs are obsessed with rationalism and there being a rational order to all things.

That's my view. INTJs are more likely to consider it enough that something is clearly true, and only need to understand why it's true if they think that understanding the underlying principle will be useful to them.

INTPs are more likely to be driven to understand the why for its own sake, especially if the phenomenon is particularly inexplicable.

That's from what I've seen of the two types.

Shmooooooooo

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, from what I've gathered, for the INTJ knowledge is a means to action, whereas to the INTP action is a means to knowledge.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, from what I've gathered, for the INTJ knowledge is a means to action, whereas to the INTP action is a means to knowledge.
While INTJs may assume that something has a logical explanation, we don't always feel compelled to discover and expound upon it thoroughly when that is not necessary to make it work, and may in fact just create an unnecessary delay in implementation.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
That's my view.

My view. Your view. And the truth.

INTJs are more likely to consider it enough that something is clearly true, and only need to understand why it's true if they think that understanding the underlying principle will be useful to them.

INTPs are more likely to be driven to understand the why for its own sake, especially if the phenomenon is particularly inexplicable.

That's from what I've seen of the two types.

Not that there's not something to what you guys are saying, but I don't think it need be taken that far...

Believe it or not: INTJs like knowledge for knowledge's sake as well.

All you really need to know is that INTPs tend to have a much more Rationalistic worldview (due to their Ti), while INTJs tend to believe the world is a more complex and chaotic place than Rationalism tends to allow (due to their Ni).

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFJ

Their indomitable drive for knowledge and mastery of the forces of nature is a will to control all!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What about entp ? It's said that they are the least likely of all types to believe in a God that would make them, following boolean logic, the highest probable candidate for being the challenger of the irrational !

Or did our believe in the holy vagina distract you ? :D

G

Ginkgo

I think it's interesting how irrelevant "logical explanations" are to our conversations about the enneagram. Logical explanations are answers to questions of a logical quality, and I doubt that we have all the questions to address the full nature of reality in the first place. "How?", "Why?", "What?", "How?", "Where?" All these questions presuppose the nature of a subsequent answer. They answer themselves, in a sense. Maybe the answer is to stop asking so many damn questions and just live life to the fullest.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
i think it has to do with T`s in general. they just go about it, in different ways.