• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Being INTP

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
You disputed each part of my post. Okay.

You have selected principals and are seeking to live by them. Best of luck to you.

I'm curious, why did you delete all those posts at the start of the thread?

I should add your unkindness is unnecessary and plain ugly. I doubt kindness and beauty are part of your principals. You can avoid unkindness out of economy perhaps.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I disagree. For example, Jack Kevorkian disagree with his reasons for being put in jail, so he attempted to go a long while without eating to make a point. Eventually he gave in, but he did so reluctantly. Hence, when one's principles are violated, it's not necessarily wiser or "more mature" to simply give in and bend at the knees. Again, the words you speak are nothing more than the result of social conditioning which you've obviously bought into already. What is "mature" is an entirely socialized construct that really doesn't mean anything, as you use it. So nice try, but you fail to persuade.

Wisdom is to know when to stop. I use wisdom over maturity because maturity is a term thats not really making sense here. Wisdom on the other hand is above maturity, it tells you because of experience and application that when to fight the rules of society and when to give in to them. And giving in to something dont mean that you are going by the herd mentality. Noone is to tell me what to think or feel but me and my own (subjective) rationality. That is where we might be divided in our thinking, that I dont see adherence to rules as necessarily believing in them.

Again, explain why it's foolish. You're throwing around blanket assertions which are highly biased and socialized viewpoints. Back it up, logically. I explained why I felt the statement is valid. Therefore, a proper refutation is necessary. Additionally, it's not a matter of narcissistic intellectual superiority. It's pretty much a fact that I have more creative intellectual ability/inclination than most people in society. Not only are NTs somewhat low in the population, but INTPs are entirely rare. Hence, most people are either feeling intuitives or sensing types who don't think in the abstract. Hence, the statement adds up and it really doesn't have anything to do with notions of unjustified superiority. It's just acknowledgment of an obvious fact. And "appearances" can be misleading, so you might want to watch it before making baseless assumptions next time.

The highlighted is a mistake that many NTs and NFs make. The idea that sensors cant think abstract. Their sense of abstraction might be different from ours, even Jung acknowledges that.

"Abstraction is an activity pertaining to the psychological functions in general. There is an abstract thinking, just as there is abstract feeling, sensation, and intuition. Abstract thinking singles out the rational, logical qualities of a given content from its intellectually irrelevant components. Abstract feeling does the same with a content characterized by its feeling-values . . . . Abstract sensation would be aesthetic as opposed to sensuous sensation, and abstract intuition would be symbolic as opposed to fantastic intuition"

It might be different from what an NT acknowledges as abstracting mentally or making mental leaps from topic to topic but that dont mean that a sensor cant be as good at it as an intuitive. They just make the leaps different than NT's/NF's do. I agree that some have a lack of mental capacity, but capacity dont mean understanding.

On the rest of your post I have very little to talk about since its more directed directly at the other poster.

IntrovertedThinker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You disputed each part of my post. Okay.

You have selected principals and are seeking to live by them. Best of luck to you.

I'm curious, why did you delete all those posts at the start of the thread?

I should add your unkindness is unnecessary and plain ugly. I doubt kindness and beauty are part of your principals. You can avoid unkindness out of economy perhaps.

When people wrongfully assume I'm being arrogant, that's what happens.

lets eat pie

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, I think you should relax and fill this out

55gh76.jpg