• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] When INTPs attack

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
Yes, those witty biting remarks to fight back! Let's hear 'em! What were they over, as we know it's not often and takes just the right touch to make us fire the cannons!!!:devil:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, those witty biting remarks to fight back! Let's hear 'em! What were they over, as we know it's not often and takes just the right touch to make us fire the cannons!!!:devil:

It's usually when I'm being challenged heavily by someone or being backed into some sort of corner.

First example that comes to mind:

Me: Hey, Frank, I heard that you have a few rental properties and I'm looking to rent. Do you have anything available?

Frank: No, but I have a house up for sale.

Me: Bummer. Nothing for rent, huh?

Frank: No, but like I said, I've got a house up for sale.

Me: Well, I'm not looking to buy, so that wouldn't work.

Frank: You should look to buy. It's a nice house. You'd like it.

Me: I'm sure it's a great house. I just don't want to buy it. Thanks though.

Frank: Why don't you swing by later this afternoon and I'll show it to you.

Me: Show it to me for what? I thought you were selling it.

Frank: I am. That's why I want you to come by and take a look at it.

Me: Frank, let's not waste each other's time here. I'm telling you right now, there's no way I'm buying your house. Not even a 1 percent chance. I asked you if you had any rental properties available and the answer is clearly no. If you decide to rent the place, let me know and I'll come look at it. Otherwise, the answer is no!

***Later that day, he spotted me again, came up to me, handed me the key and said, "Go look at it on your own time. When you're done, just leave the key under the mat." Some people just don't know when to quit!

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Another recent one:

Lady at cash register: Thank you for shopping with us. Here is your receipt. If you call the number on the receipt, you can take a brief survey about your shopping experience today and you can tell them if you think we did an excellent job.

Me: Uhh, OK. I'll do that! Thanks. (Went home and took the survery and told them how "excellent" it was).

***About 4 weeks later***

Same lady at cash register: Thank you for shopping with us. Here is your receipt. Don't forget to call the number on your receipt and rate our customer service.

Me: I already took the survey.

Lady: How long ago?

Me: About a month ago.

Lady: Then you can take it again. You can take it once every 2 weeks.

Me: I already took it once and gave you guys really good scores, don't you think that's sufficient?

Lady: I'll leave that up to you.

Me: Yeah, I'm not calling again and taking the same survery on the 1st of each month.

***About 2 weeks later***

Same lady (knowing full well that its me again): Here's your receipt. Did you know about our phone surveys?

Me: Oh, you better believe I do! I know quite a bit about them by now.

Lady: Don't forget to give us good marks!

Me: I won't be calling. But, thanks and have a nice day! See ya next time!

Baffling!!!!

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
Okay then, I'll go first-and maybe last. Whenever myself, such as my views/beliefs/opinions are compromised with an ultimatum, I go into Emotion mode-well to me it is overly emotional. I freak out. I shake. I can think of nothing else. And this usually takes time for me to think about it before I act. When I can find no other resolve, I usually go over that person's head, or make sure and get my point across to all innocent bystanders.
And I don't like insults that are specific attacks on what I have said or done. I've already thought about it in my own mind, I don't need someone else's redundancy to take up my day.
And I don't handle people telling me how they think I should be. Even if I say 'I need to be more_____', that doesn't mean I want my dear Aunt to say, 'You know, I never wanted to say anything, but you've always been cold. Just real cold hearted and unaffectionate.' I have my reasons, that are thought about quickly, yet to great extent, for my actions. And being smothered in contact affection is enough for the both of us. Why would I need to hang all over someone that is already hanging on me? Although, I never say anything to my aunt. Maybe just an 'OKAY!' to cease the conversation.
I don't go around barking crap in other people's faces or dictating their lives. I expect the same respect in return.
Here's one example-just to be specific(and bear in mind, I'm not this mean unless provoked)
I go into work, and my boss is looking up obituaries online and tells me his neighbor died in a car collision-which is awful. He tells me that he and his wife went over to their house 'to see what was going on, and see if we could help.' (Notice the order of those)
Then he starts telling me how this woman's best friend is a drunk and she made a joke about Vodka, so 'that confirmed what we thought.' Then he shows me pictures of the car smashed on the interstate. All the while, I'm thinking-'so you are THAT neighbor'-I don't know this person, why am I virtually rubbernecking at their car?-'If I lost my best friend, I can't say I wouldn't do the same, if she even IS a drinker'(I said that one).
Later in the day, I made some random comment about my feet hurting and another co-worker piped in with,'You should just be happy and be grateful for your life. You never know you could be getting scraped up off the interstate tomorrow.'
I said,'I'm not going to commit suicide! My feet just hurt! It doesn't mean I hate my life!'
Finally I said, 'You know, I don't like looking at car wrecks all day online. Maybe it just hits too close to home. With my past and all.' (I was in a fatal car crash, and they both knew that. What douche bags!) As I was leaving, he shouted-'Enjoy your life!' I replied, 'I will enjoy my day and my life, when I go home and you're not there.'

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I know what you mean about people being redundant about things you've already thought about in great detail.

I made a big decision not too long ago and one of my family members said, "Why would you do that?" And I said, "Why not?" And she said, "Well, have you thougt about X?" I said, "Well yeah, I wouldn't have made such a big decision without thinking about it." "Did you think about Y?" "Yes. Yes, I did. And I still decided to go through with my decision." "Did you think about Z?" "Yeah. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that I thought about every single thing that you can possibly think of right now. Go ahead and run down your checklist and let's see if you can surprise me with something that I haven't thought of yet."

"You don't have to be a jerk about it!" LOL. :D

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
"You don't have to be a jerk about it!" LOL. :D

You know, I've come to the conclusion that actually, yes, sometimes I do.:cheers:

I will gladly return any sarcastic/rude behavior. Consider it a favor. I'm breaking it down to your language. Think of me as your mirror...:rofl1:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

When people repeat things over and over again I like to just repeat that phrase for every question after it. If they say something about X and then five other people say it afterwards I like to just bring it up again and again and again. I love it and it proves the point. After about the first time you said it, I heard it.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm.. Most of my 'attacks' are quite 'intricate' and involve many earlier events involving the victim. (The sad part of it is that most of the times, they don't realize the full scale of the attack.). It's not easy to remember of ones that I can easily word in a post. :(

*ponders some and ponders some more*

If I remember one that isn't too complicated I'll post it!

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I attack when someone is saying something and not proving it by consistency, and when someone attacks my previously analyzed statements as if they weren't...

A

A window to the soul

I might attack if I've already determined you're a strong person, but you're conveniently 'acting' weak and making excuses to justify weakness. I'll definitely attack if you inaccurately tell me how I'm thinking/feeling. Oh, and I'll randomly attack for kicks... :tongue:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I already have a term for the INTP attack: the super logic lasers of DOOM.

Sometimes people get so irrational and disrupt the knowledge web of the universe so badly that the lasers must be fired at full capacity.

A

A window to the soul

As for witty biting remarks, hmmm... I don't know about witty or biting, but two things come to mind that I've had to say a few times too many:

"It's simply mind over matter. Are you going to let a simple matter defeat you?"

"We can sit here all day while you make excuses. The reality is, nobody cares about excuses. Excuses don't get you anywhere. Excuses don't get the job done."

...If I hear too much whining about something I might throw in,

"Well then, you're clearly defeated. I can't help you."

...not kidding.

It's important to note, that I'm typically very patient with people, but I have little tolerance for two things: people doing things half-ass and 'quitters'. As my dear Biology professor taught me, "there's more than one way to skin a cat." So true.

quamdel

MBTI Type
INTP
i will attack when someone thinks they know what i'm thinking. especially when they dont have a clue. I will also attack stupidity in its purest forms...

"Damn, why do you talk so much shit? Is that why your breath stinks?" My first good two-liner from 6th grade.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Narcissus.jpg