• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] the universe

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
I'll admit I've had a few drinks tonight. But when's the last time you laid down, listened to the bugs, and looked at the stars? It's worth your time.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
A week ago, with the only guy I've ever loved.
One of the happiest moments of my life -- looking out at the stars makes me feel so insignificant, yet...connected at the same time. And I'm not a very... connectible person, bahah.

Listening to the bugs?
There is a cricket outside my window. I'm not really connecting with it though...gahh.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
A couple of years ago.

Right now the kind of thoughts doing so would bring to the fore are not something I would be comfortable with thinking about. God know there certainly isn't a lack of nature to appreciate here though.

VYCanisMajoris

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
897?
dude.. watch BBC LIFE (made by the same peeps as Planet Earth)

actually.. in this order....

Download Stephen Hawkings Theory of a Finite Universe. Watch it and then watch BBC Life's Plants episode and then INSECTS episode.

I would have thought the Mammals or Primates would interest me most in this series but the PLANTS was AMAZING just how much they are like humans. Truly humbling series.

BÃ¥rris

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Right now I live in a city (not a lot of stars), but later this summer, i'm gonna move to a small town, so there's probably gonna be a lot of that.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Like a month ago while waiting for a friend.

It was unpleasant.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I do it every clear night. Sit outside usually from 11 to 1 at the longest.

The last two nights, and tonight, make up the three nights that the Perseid Meteor Shower takes place. two nights ago it was partly cloudy. last night was beautiful. tons of shooting stars leaving enourmous and breathtaking tails across the sky.

sometimes, because I live far enough north, I watch the northern lights.

when you cup your hands around your eyes and look straight up, it makes you feel like you're staring straight up at a canopy. it's mezmerizing. try it.

I love the night. :wubbie:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I can't see the stars at night. <= (

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Last year, around this time of year. Will be doing it next weekend again when I go CAMPING! But I can't stare at the sky for too long. Makes me think about how I'm just glued to the surface of this ball.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Hmmm.... It's been a while, too long, actually... Perhaps I will this evening. Thank you for the idea. :)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll admit I've had a few drinks tonight. But when's the last time you laid down, listened to the bugs, and looked at the stars? It's worth your time.

It's been awhile and something I should do more. I'm not really a take time and smell the roses person because I'm so in my head most of the time that I don't pay close enough attention to the sensory pleasures in nature surrounding me. But when I take the time to do so, its a very satisfying experience.

Last year, around this time of year. Will be doing it next weekend again when I go CAMPING! But I can't stare at the sky for too long. Makes me think about how I'm just glued to the surface of this ball.

I can't stare at the sky too long because my neck will hurt. What I like to do when camping is build a fire and watch the wood slowly burn. The dynamics of fire is actually pretty interesting when you watch it closely.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
What I like to do when camping is build a fire and watch the wood slowly burn. The dynamics of fire is actually pretty interesting when you watch it closely.

"Fire-worship was by no means the most stupid invention" -Hermann Hesse, Demian

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP

I used to look at the stars when I was a little kid at night before I went to sleep...and listen to the sound of the city. I never stopped doing that. It makes me feel free, it makes me wonder...it makes me feel connected to the entire universe...

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
damn it I feel so bad I don't have any close INTP friends.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I can't stare at the sky too long because my neck will hurt. What I like to do when camping is build a fire and watch the wood slowly burn. The dynamics of fire is actually pretty interesting when you watch it closely.

I'll make sure to do both.
Hopefully it'll be a relatively clear night. So much light pollution where I live..