• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJs and INTPs, How Sexual/Sensual are you? :)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Speaking from my own personal (and thus by nature limited) experience I´d say INTPs tends to like it more and are more playful about sex while some INTJs can´t be bothered with such mundane things. Just my impression. They seem more rigid in this respect.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Highly sexual and highly sensual.

It's one of the few times when I can shut my thinking off...that's not easy to do. To shut down my thinking and just glide on sensation...it is indescribable.

It's also a moment where I can release some of the intensity/Krakatoa that I keep bottled up inside.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
speaking for my INTJ as he reads over my shoulder, he's a got dam freak :alttongue:

his approach is much different from mine, though. for me sex is a way to express my love and feelings, but his approach to sex is more of a creative one; it's something to "figure out". expressing love isn't exactly the main thing on his mind so much as it is taking on a challenge to come up with new, fun things to do in bed so we're both pleased.

in his words, "it's like unlocking an achievement in a video game" :rofl1:

:laugh: Oh man, that sounds familiar. It's kinda funny to see how, when they get creative, they also do this very much methodical thinking thing, before diving in.

Ime though, INTJs tend to get more sensual when they're under stress and looking for release or when their partner is (which triggers them to comfort their partner). I mean...mine tends to get really cuddly when he's done with work and wants to, no,*needs* to shut off his brain. And there's no escaping :D
Cuddles lead to caressing, kissing and so on. At that point I find mine to be completely in touch with his senses ;) FiSe...:drool:

Though I admit that NiTe to then Se is also very much :drool:

Unique

"Curious" is probably the best word to describe what I'm like with regards to this and no matter how much experience I have its always new and exciting to me

Physical affection is funny with me, I react like I don't like it but in my mind I actually do... so people generally do it and then stop and then in my mind I'm like ":("

Nicodemus

If it is true that men think about sex over ten times a day, then I am not very sexual. That changes after hard drinking, though.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Extremely. I'm very touchy, and need it back too. Physical touch is my love language, so it's really how I show my [whisper]feewings[/whisper]. Like someone else said, for INTPs it's sort of seen as playtime. Which I like, and thinks that makes it fun.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it is true that men think about sex over ten times a day, then I am not very sexual. That changes after hard drinking, though.

How do you count to ten at that point?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really think of myself as sexual/sensual.

You'd have to ask my (many, many) lovers.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Names and addresses?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm picky about who I'm with, but at this point in my life, I don't get hung up in intellectualizing sex like I did when younger. Instead, sensuality is a hot steamy sudsy bath I completely immerse myself in.

EDIT: Just to be clear, this thread is going to get moved to Sexuality if the talk gets sexual rather than staying general, SS.

Can I make the thread move itself to sexuality ? :D

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I partly agree with Jennifer and Moonstone. For me, sensuality starts with a look, a gesture, or a sensual action I am not expecting. It can be the briefest touch on the side of my face, my finger tips, down my arm. It can be a sensuous smell of spice and resins, a thoughtful act that touches my soul, some soft and/or meaningful music.

It starts in the mind and doesn't need to be overtly sexual. As the physical senses and the mind are slowly awoken, so the body awakens. It can be role playing or watching a sensual movie as opposed to the very poorly scripted and acted X rated movies which do very little for me. It is subtlety and suggestion and imagination.

It almost always needs to be setting a mood and very, very occasionally something green to reduce inhibition, but always in the safe environment of my own home. :smoke::whistling:

Tantra is something I would love to explore one day ;) :heart::heart:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
They are vastly different.

But, they are both introverts, intuitives, and thinkers, hence my curiosity regarding the subject at hand.

:)

but intjs focus their primary J function at the wrong way, this makes them really different because this is so huge flaw in thinking :D

promethathustra

MBTI Type
XNTP
Enneagram
5w4
I look at my I as the very sensual part. The E as the more sexual...I have found a sort of connection can be made with NF's especially that is almost an intimacy of a shared mind...her O becomes as much mine as hers and in this I can lose/forget myself for awhile. I once told an NF friend that before long I will be able to stimulate that O from across the room in a huge party with a glance due to this sharing...we came very close to that...pun intended!

I have an intj friend who is a virgin and in discussions with him him find what appears to be mind/body dichotomy that resembles fear of same. I have no inclinations of such limits with either sexuality or feelings...just in the expression of them...often based on the perceived personality of the other.

Love sex! Love sensual sex more though!!!

Green Machine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hm. I like sex. A lot. Took me some time to get over my original dislike of being touched by others, though, that only changed in my late teens. I still don't like being touched, unless it's sexual :D. The first time I had sex was really intimate, and I just figured, hey, this is pretty awesome, I wanna do it over and over again :D it doesn't really have to be sensual though, I once dated a girl and it was quite obvious to both of us that we would never really have a relationship with eachother. We basically just hung out every now and then, and had sex, just for the fun of it. Not because we were extremely fond of each other or anything like that. After a while, though, it just started to get awkward. So we stopped having sex. She's still a friend of mine, though - in fact, one of her best friends is my current gf.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I consider myself a person who would rank pretty high on both of those scales when I'm with someone in that type of... situation. :yes: Jennifer said it really well in her post:

I turn a lot of that off and go into a purely sensory mode where I feel every physical and emotional sensation in and on my body and am immersed in that, living in the moment. It is an odd but wonderful experience.

Its the only time that I can (sometimes, not always) turn off the brain and escape from the constant babble going on within.

I've noticed that when I'm sleepy, either very late at night or early in the morning when I'm struggling to be awake, I become very, VERY sensual. I feel like a completely different creature. I enjoy how soft a pillow feels, or warm water running over my hands and face. Things that stimulate the senses, particularly touch, are overwhelmingly pleasant. The times when I'm most apt to want to snuggle are those when I'm in this sleepy state of mind. I guess its when the defenses are down and the brain hasn't really kicked in yet (or has turned itself off from exhaustion) that the Se takes over and has a little mini-party at being allowed to roam free lol

In my head I have an image of the Se being like my dog when she escapes from the yard unexpectedly and runs wildly over to all the neighbor dogs to visit before being brought back home. :laugh:

Speak for yourself: you INTPs are a buncha weirdos. :tongue10:

Agreed!

...in his words, "it's like unlocking an achievement in a video game" :rofl1:

This... is awesome :rofl1:

Qre:us

Cuddles lead to caressing, kissing and so on. At that point I find mine to be completely in touch with his senses ;) FiSe...:drool:

Though I admit that NiTe to then Se is also very much :drool:

Love those comparisons! Spot on.

Points for aptly explaining interaction of functions usage to portray the two INTJ-sexay time modes. I concur. ;)

Making love...versus......F- orget it. INTJ-styyle :devil:

I also agree with the "methodical thinking" [focused target] habit right before the pounce. :drool: <- bonus points for contextual use of emoticon. ;)

To add: Sometimes, they can come up with some really zany (Ni) ideas and try it out (Te). It's kinda fun to hang on for the ride. :D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
This is the weirdest "Dear Penthouse Letters" thread ever.