• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Is it possible to be both extroverted and introverted?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can you give me the title of the book where jung writes about this

It's page 294 in Problems of Personality. I kind of echo Jag's sentiments, no offense, but dude I found this info in like thirty seconds on Google books.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Are you like that it as well? That was from someone I know IRL.

Yeap I am exactly like that. It doesn't bother me if I spend days like this.

The thing is that long ago I was explaining the root of this behaviour to some ENFPs and I got reaction that is pretty similar to your reaction to that person.
Also my ENFP mother as well thinks something similar about this.

But this is a story for one of those Ni or ENFP/INTJ threads.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
i concede, I found the first quote in my ebook.

And no my fingers are not broken, I just didnt consider looking up google books.

Permabanned
Also being extraverted doesn't mean you seek interaction with people. For T-type extraverts I've noticed their extraversion is often directed at environment that may not include people. I've known an ENTP who by commonly accepted definition would be a total introvert. His extraversion was directed at electronics, gadgets, his computers, he was often buying some new gadget, upgrading his computer, cracking some programs, buying various other kind of electronics, reading news on new products that came out, selling his old stuff and juggling his money in hopes to afford a new shiny electronic toy. This is what he spend 90% of his free time on. He only interacted with people from work really and had very few friends. It is usually the F-type extraverts who fits the common definition of extraversion i.e. socializing, partying, and wanting to be with people.

Have we met? :huh:

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
I've read that early in life, while deciding your place in the world, you steer more towards the middle. Basically that side of you is underdeveloped.