• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Ask an ENTJ!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And in reference to the lack of focus, I should elaborate -- you're right. I mean in the sense that I'm aware I can be some what controlling and this girl was in my Western Civs class. We had a project that was worth a ridiculous amount of points...it seemed like her head was always in the clouds. Whenever I would tell her what to do (I told everyone what to do, I know, I know - looking back it was rather a bitchy thing to do) she would almost on purpose NOT do it. The only thing she did want to do was draw the poster, not help the group with the presentation. I dunno how to describe it -- I'm doing a rather terrible job of it.

I can see what you mean. It's probably inferior Te with somewhat weaker Ni, since at a high school age Ni wouldn't really be peeking around as much as it would be later in life. With open ended projects like that my first reaction is "damnit! What the hell am I going to do?" When I do work of any kind I like it being laid out specifically and working within those parameters. Otherwise I'm basically clueless. I was in a Chemistry class with one of those ENTJs, and you had a partner the entire semester and he was mine (that's how I met him). When we'd have projects or assignments that were open ended he'd instantly see a way to do it and I'd basically just get him to tell me what specifically to do. I always got the feeling that it got on his nerves, so I tried to just do my best.

And I despise people who bully others and would've probably told that guy the same thing. Getting to the point is really important with me as well. I hate people who beat around the bush and move about slowly -- I just want to shake them and make them MOVE so we can get on with life.

Yeah he got the bully good. He called himself a christian, but he was one of those guys who was just raised that way and didn't really introspect about it even though he lived by the values. And my friend was highly philosophical, and in his free time researched philosophers and religion. So yeah.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
they seemed to be really good at telling idiots to fuck off and getting to the point. These were guys I knew in HS, and one of said ENTJs made a bully literally cry because of some of the stuff that he said LOL.

Ohhh boy.... I remember these days.

If this was how an ENTJ acted in high school, I must be an ENTJ times ten.

I've hurt so many people (unintentionally) by shining a spotlight on their flaws and washing their minds with hardcore "sense" soap so that they could see their futures scream mcdonald's employee for life and hardcore drug dealing.

The whole classroom would just admire my ability to talk real life sense into mindless teenagers.

I was a different breed, and glad I was - after swimming against the current, and sowing in my future, the harvest is great!

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Since this thread is about asking ENTJs, let me ask you an odd question .. What is your bedtime?

I'm here posting at 2AM, 3AM, etc ... And I see most ENTJs online

I mostly work into the late hours, primarily because I have to deal with contacts overseas in China

There's a 12 Hour time offset in Hong Kong... so while everyone's off to sleep here at ten O'clock in the states - everybody just starting their day in China where its 10 O'clock in the morning.

So I'm obliged to stay well after regular office hours and for some reason I really like it. There's something special about the night shift, looking outside my window - its a starting view of the city, something that you really cant experience during the day. And for some reason I'm much more productive when working the night shift.

Anyways, I've always been a "nocturnal" person

I'm writing this at 5:30 AM still awake from yesterday - I'd probably be off to sleep at 9AM.

I can stay awake for days at a time, and I just wont go to sleep.

Are ENTJs the all-nighter type?

Are we generally the always "awake" people ... Or is it just me?

edit:

And I only get about 5 hours of sleep per day, and I never really feel tired or fatigued when I'm awake.

Lark

I think that ENTJs are the more awake type, I know that while I'd like to spend more time sleeping or in bed I'm not comfortable with it, I feel like I'm wasting time, even if I've nothing important to do.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think that ENTJs are the more awake type, I know that while I'd like to spend more time sleeping or in bed I'm not comfortable with it, I feel like I'm wasting time, even if I've nothing important to do.

Funny thing is I read somewhere (I'm still searching for the document) that ENTJs are generally more prone to get diseases and conditions that are directly related to sleep deprivation.

For example, a large proportion of people that have colon cancer are primarily of the ENTJ type.

Sleep deprivation is the foremost leading cause of colon cancer.

Not that all ENTJs will get colon cancer, but its interesting to see the medical statistics as it relates to the MyerBriggs type.

Well, its almost 7:30 AM - I've been awake and working for just about 21 hours so far .. and I feel just as good as 10 hours ago.

I do feel as if I'm wasting time when I'm sleeping, but yet it's a paradox.

As for myself,

I think the best sleep - is that which is least

Rise and shine everyone :thumbup:

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Ugh. Sleep deprivation? Nocturnal? Most definitely. Colon cancer? I hope not. Maybe I should go back to bed...

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Oooh I just found this thread. Ask me questions, my children!

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I find that I can never turn my mind off to fall asleep. I have difficulties getting to sleep and staying asleep.

Also if I only get five to six hours of sleep, I'm perfectly energized. People who drag about annoy me, especially those who "need naps". Sometimes naps are glorious and much needed, but it's irritating when they say they don't have enough time in the day, and then they go take naps! WTF.

I'm very nocturnal though. But I hate mornings. With a passion. I HATE THEM. No matter how much sleep I did or didn't get, I will be a raging bitch before ten o'clock.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
But I hate mornings. With a passion. I HATE THEM. No matter how much sleep I did or didn't get, I will be a raging bitch before ten o'clock.

Ha, another one of my epic flaws.

That's why I love to pull the night shift, here I am - once again - at my desk at 2 in the morning! Love it.

I am so sabotaged and useless in the mornings that I forced my life to revolve around the night-time hours.

Nocturnal is my trademark lol

F

figsfiggyfigs

Yes, I've always been a nocturnal creature as well. It drives me insane, esp if I don't fall asleep AT ALL , spend the night doing something, and then having to start class right after I'm done, no sleeping in between.

THAT'S when I need a nap. : P

My brain is always buzzing, trying to solve issues, or in the state of inquisition.. sometimes I have to get up and check Google if I can't figure something out. : P

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You guys are all nuts. I sleep like 10 hours a day and am a morning person.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
How do you evaluate the difference between stubbornness, and confidence/assertiveness in partners, coworkers, etc?

ENTJs don't seem to have any time for those without assertiveness, but too much and they think you're a stubborn asshole. Where's the line?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dear ENTJ,

why made god my wiener so small ?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ, you ask me to do something that will take approximately 2 hours to complete, there is plenty of time to do it later today for me but right now I have to go for about 2 hours, it has to be done by friday. Thursday seems to be a pretty busy day and it is unlikely things will get done in a proper fashion if postponed in your mind. You have to catch a plane for a week in 2 hours and will leave for five days.. You have everything prepared for the trip (naturally) but was thinking of spending 2 hours relaxing before your trip.

I say, "Ok, I will do it tomorrow." and walk out before you get the chance to talk to me about it and I left my phone behind.

What will you do?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'll give you a raise on your wager and a bonus payment because I know where to get those. Plus you get 2 weeks freetime to prepare for new challenges !

Now go child, you've been blessed from above :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll give you a raise on your wager and a bonus payment because I know where to get those. Plus you get 2 weeks freetime to prepare for new challenges !

Now go child, you've been blessed from above :D

What is this reality you are talking about, NTP heaven? :D

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
How do you evaluate the difference between stubbornness, and confidence/assertiveness in partners, coworkers, etc?

ENTJs don't seem to have any time for those without assertiveness, but too much and they think you're a stubborn asshole. Where's the line?

"Stubborn asshole" is not usually a logical evaluation, it's just a feeling/reaction that you get when there is a lack of respect coming your way. If somebody is not even attempting to address the counter arguments you're presenting then they are a stubborn asshole. If they will focus only on their own arguments in the conversation or will purposely misunderstand what you are trying to say, and just clearly demonstrate that they don't give a damn about any point you might have, then they are stubborn douches and must be exterminated.

:)

Dear ENTJ,

why made god my wiener so small ?

Because your mother was a whore.

ENTJ, you ask me to do something that will take approximately 2 hours to complete, there is plenty of time to do it later today for me but right now I have to go for about 2 hours, it has to be done by friday. Thursday seems to be a pretty busy day and it is unlikely things will get done in a proper fashion if postponed in your mind. You have to catch a plane for a week in 2 hours and will leave for five days.. You have everything prepared for the trip (naturally) but was thinking of spending 2 hours relaxing before your trip.

I say, "Ok, I will do it tomorrow." and walk out before you get the chance to talk to me about it and I left my phone behind.

What will you do?

Well first, I'll come after you and beat you over the head for walking out on me.

Then I'd probably just come up with some kind of brilliant excuse to give you an arbitrary deadline sometime on Thursday.

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTJs,

What kind of thoughts or attitudes motivate you at work? If we assume that you are not (yet) in a managerial position... And not counting stuff like work has to be done on time or you get some whip from the boss.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTJs,

When you're leading a group of people, and one member begins to be uncooperative, breaking others' concentration to the point of counter-productivity, how do you deal with the situation?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
:dont:

This is not an interview, why can't you people ask something more interesting?