• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Ask an ENTJ!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
why should i ask an entj?
Why are you posting if you don't want?

Dearest(*) ENTJs, please answer the question in the first post, too?

(*) Does such a thing drive you on the wall? Excessive use of cutesy words, especially if you don't know if the other is joking or not? My ESTJ husband hates it with a passion, because he never knows how to react. How would you react?

Neobick

MBTI Type
INTP
Question: How is it like to have TE first? I know how to think introverted, but my organisasing skills are nowhere to be found. So I wonder, what drives you? Does it make you extremely miserable if you dont succeed with your set goals? Do you ever feel content with the situation or are you always looking for something better? What drives you the most, the prospect of wealth or personal satifaction?

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Question: How is it like to have TE first? I know how to think introverted, but my organisasing skills are nowhere to be found. So I wonder, what drives you? Does it make you extremely miserable if you dont succeed with your set goals? Do you ever feel content with the situation or are you always looking for something better? What drives you the most, the prospect of wealth or personal satifaction?

What drives me?

Chaos, problems, and craziness.

I THRIVE on organized chaos. I eat problems for breakfast. I walk into the office - I have 23 new voice messages, 36 emails on time critical issues, a stack of paperwork that I have to discuss with the IRS over an audit, etc .....

I see problems like a workout. It hurts, its strenuous - but moments later when you let go - your arms just get bigger, stronger, and ready to take on the next biggest set.

I have to admit, I love problems. Because where others give up, it's my opportunity to take over, move forward, and accomplish something that would allow me to be financially independent, have great and exotic vacations, travel the world, and live a satisfying life.

The recession IS GREAT!

Because its not an obstacle - but a new climate of economy.

Traditional products and services degrade in the wake of this new change, and only the brand new seeds of innovation and technology will be allowed to grow.

Its the best time to start a business.

But think in the tomorrow - Your business has to be the brand-new "seed" that will be immune to this new economical climate.

Think cost-reduction initiatives, new technology, new innovation.

The change in technology today, is due to the prior recessions that FORCED the change to occur.

Sorry I love to get off topic, but in response:

Do you ever feel content with the situation or are you always looking for something better?

Always looking for something better.

To see others give up, and me to move forward.

Organized chaos, problems, new ideas, new strategies

OTHER INNOVATIVE APPROACHES, BEYOND THOSE ALREADY TRIED.

For example, Iceland has just recently designed the first ocean-freighter that runs on PURE HYDROGEN.

COSCO and Hapag-Loyed, the biggest ocean freight container lines, are currently discussing contracts for future hydrogen powered engine integration.

This new technology allows for the same propulsion output of diesel based engines, and hyper-compressed resivour tanks.

This means a 500 foot ocean container can carry a full load from Hong Kong to New York at the cost of .45 CENTS per mile in hydrogen FUEL, DIRECTLY WITHOUT REFUELING.

This would nearly eliminate Hapag-Loyds diesel fuel expense. Rendering a 18% increase in profits - PERMANENTLY.

The recession inst over until we put it out.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dear ENTJ, is there a pretty clear definition between your serious and unserious states? What types of unserious sorts of stuff do you do?

Neobick

MBTI Type
INTP
What drives me?

Chaos, problems, and craziness.

I THRIVE on organized chaos. I eat problems for breakfast. I walk into the office - I have 23 new voice messages, 36 emails on time critical issues, a stack of paperwork that I have to discuss with the IRS over an audit, etc .....

I see problems like a workout. It hurts, its strenuous - but moments later when you let go - your arms just get bigger, stronger, and ready to take on the next biggest set.

I have to admit, I love problems. Because where others give up, it's my opportunity to take over, move forward, and accomplish something that would allow me to be financially independent, have great and exotic vacations, travel the world, and live a satisfying life.

The recession IS GREAT!

Because its not an obstacle - but a new climate of economy.

Traditional products and services degrade in the wake of this new change, and only the brand new seeds of innovation and technology will be allowed to grow.

Its the best time to start a business.

But think in the tomorrow - Your business has to be the brand-new "seed" that will be immune to this new economical climate.

Think cost-reduction initiatives, new technology, new innovation.

The change in technology today, is due to the prior recessions that FORCED the change to occur.

Sorry I love to get off topic, but in response:

Do you ever feel content with the situation or are you always looking for something better?

Always looking for something better.

To see others give up, and me to move forward.

Organized chaos, problems, new ideas, new strategies

OTHER INNOVATIVE APPROACHES, BEYOND THOSE ALREADY TRIED.

For example, Iceland has just recently designed the first ocean-freighter that runs on PURE HYDROGEN.

COSCO and Hapag-Loyed, the biggest ocean freight container lines, are currently discussing contracts for future hydrogen powered engine integration.

This new technology allows for the same propulsion output of diesel based engines, and hyper-compressed resivour tanks.

This means a 500 foot ocean container can carry a full load from Hong Kong to New York at the cost of .45 CENTS per mile in hydrogen FUEL, DIRECTLY WITHOUT REFUELING.

This would nearly eliminate Hapag-Loyds diesel fuel expense. Rendering a 18% increase in profits - PERMANENTLY.

The recession inst over until we put it out.

This post made it clear to me why people consider INTP/ENTJ a valid relationship match. First I thought the personalities would clash hardcore IRL. But you gave me insight in why it would work. You got a general passion for ideas. And we got a general passion for thinking up ideas. Do the math.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This post made it clear to me why people consider INTP/ENTJ a valid relationship match. First I thought the personalities would clash hardcore IRL. But you gave me insight in why it would work. You got a general passion for ideas. And we got a general passion for thinking up ideas. Do the math.

This is true, I suppose. But, MoneyTick's post made me think of the ways that I'm different from ENTJ's. Namely, he thrives in a chaotic, fast-paced, problem-filled environment. I almost useless in these types of environments, at least long-term. I can survive a day of it, but to do it day in and day out just isn't cooperative with Ti.

I need to observe, listen, and understand what all the problems are. Then, once I've gotten input from everyone, I have to shut the door behind me and just think. Map things out in my mind, on paper, look some things up, strategize, etc. After an hour (or more; I may need overnight to mull it over while walking or something) of "coming up with the best strategy", then I can announce the plan to others and move in that direction. Te is so good at organizing people "on the fly". "You go do this, you go do that, and I'll take care of this other thing. Ready, go!"

Ti needs time to contemplate all the ramifications of those actions. It wants time to see how a certain plan of action might play out. What will some of the negatives be if we move in that direction? How will Billy Bob's personality do in that situation? Is he even the right guy for the job? Maybe I should do it instead? Should I hire a consultant to do it? Yeah, but that would cost more money. Hmmm, let me go home and think this over tonight. Weigh the pro's and con's and I guarantee you that I'll have a good plan of attack tomorrow morning. I have to let things "set" for a while or else I tend to feel rushed and I make poor decisions.

Neobick

MBTI Type
INTP
This is true, I suppose. But, MoneyTick's post made me think of the ways that I'm different from ENTJ's. Namely, he thrives in a chaotic, fast-paced, problem-filled environment. I almost useless in these types of environments, at least long-term. I can survive a day of it, but to do it day in and day out just isn't cooperative with Ti.

I need to observe, listen, and understand what all the problems are. Then, once I've gotten input from everyone, I have to shut the door behind me and just think. Map things out in my mind, on paper, look some things up, strategize, etc. After an hour (or more; I may need overnight to mull it over while walking or something) of "coming up with the best strategy", then I can announce the plan to others and move in that direction. Te is so good at organizing people "on the fly". "You go do this, you go do that, and I'll take care of this other thing. Ready, go!"

Ti needs time to contemplate all the ramifications of those actions. It wants time to see how a certain plan of action might play out. What will some of the negatives be if we move in that direction? How will Billy Bob's personality do in that situation? Is he even the right guy for the job? Maybe I should do it instead? Should I hire a consultant to do it? Yeah, but that would cost more money. Hmmm, let me go home and think this over tonight. Weigh the pro's and con's and I guarantee you that I'll have a good plan of attack tomorrow morning. I have to let things "set" for a while or else I tend to feel rushed and I make poor decisions.

Agreed. We arent that similiar, just that we wouldnt clash as hardcore as I though.

Neobick

MBTI Type
INTP

Agreed. We arent that similiar, just that we wouldnt clash as hardcore as I thought.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Agreed. We arent that similiar, just that we wouldnt clash as hardcore as I thought.

I think the way with intps and entjs is that it's not hard for us to understand each other, see the value in the other ones opinion. however, we just don't lead our lives the same way, at all.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ

Speaking of, I would like to meet an INTP in real life - I don't think I've ever met one before.

I hope you guys are good at heated and fiery debates. Can you handle me? :LOL

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've also never met an ENTJ.

I bet one of us would eventually end up at the hospital with a severe panic attack.

Or is it so? How to two ENTJs get along?

Neobick

MBTI Type
INTP
Speaking of, I would like to meet an INTP in real life - I don't think I've ever met one before.

Well, we enjoy intellectual debates, but, speaking for myself atleast, if it turns emotional we run from it. But we can defend nearly every stand-point even if we dont believe in it. But mostly we debate to learn and convince ourself that we are right.

So yeah, ENTJ isnt the most emotional types so it would probably work out fine.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Oh yeah, you'd love debating with us. We might even frustrate you with how much we will pick apart your argument. It's been my experience that if someone is not NT, they generally hate when I start debating. Only the NT's have enjoyed it.

Another thing that you may like/respect or not like (not really sure), is that just like you think you "know the best way to do something" - we do too. We're open to new ideas (we LOVE new ideas), but ultimately we like to call our own shots. Just like Salt 'N Pepper said, we just go about in a very different way than ENTJ's do. I think the ENTJ's I've been friends with have respected this in me - most of us are fiercely independent. The ENTJ's don't always understand my method, but at the end of the day, we tend to agree quite a bit on how decisions should be made.

What's strange about INTP's is that we are introverted so we generally turn away from people rather than towards them. Tucked away in a quiet corner is where we do our best work and our most innovative thinking. Distraction free, relatively speaking. And most of the time, you're going to see Ne - which is kind of all over the place. Combine these things, and we don't initially appear to be "intelligent". We sometimes seem dreamy, spacy, and maybe like we aren't able to focus. But, when we are alone, that's where Ti takes over. That's when everything is "clear" and we are able to do some original thinking. The tell-tale sign is when you finally see the INTP just tear off on some Ti tangent all of the sudden - either intellectual or ripping someone a new one. Like if someone is arguing with us about something that we know they have no idea what they are talking about. Some topic that we've spent hundreds of hours researching, learning about, thinking about, etc., and someone who thinks they just woke up this morning and suddenly had more knowledge than us (about that topic) wants to say we don't know what we're talking about.

Yeah, if you pick our brains and let us open up, there's a whole world of ideas and knowledge in there. We just kind of wait for someone who is interested in hearing it. :D

But, I digress. This thread is about the ENTJ's, not us. But, I do have several good friends now that are ENTJ and I really do enjoy the similarities that we have. We find each other a bit strange, but there's also a mutual respect too. ENTJ's respect me more when I show a more reliable, professional side. When they feel they can count on me to be on board with "their plans", then they kind of want to make me their "right hand man". But, the iconoclast in me always wants to escape that role. I don't want to be anyone's wingman. It's just not in my nature. In a business setting, I want to be my own man surrounded by good people, much like the ENTJ wants.

Blown Ghost

MBTI Type
ESFP

I bet one of us would eventually end up at the hospital with a severe panic attack.

I assumed two ENTJs would get along well. We can see where our agendas overlaps with the other's and work together on mutual goals. There is rarely conflict unless someone involved with our agenda is under-performing, or if someone gets in our way. In that case we just run them over.

they kind of want to make me their "right hand man". But, the iconoclast in me always wants to escape that role. I don't want to be anyone's wingman. It's just not in my nature.

But it's for your own good!

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4

oh geez. I could write a book about this.

I have had two important ENTJ's in my life. One was a boyfriend and another is a co-worker that I've worked with for 15 years.

In the first case, it started off great but then it became obvious that we were both irritating each other by being stubborn and wanting to "win" all the time. He and I also reinforced some of the typical ENTJ neurotics that we go through in our decision making processes. Eventually, it just became tiresome being around him and I kind of gave up.

I could sort of say something similar about the second person, only I have learned to deal with it because of the business situation. We get along unless we conflict on some sort of decision that needs to be made. Then it can be bad. Explosive in severe cases, even. Not pretty. I have learned to take baby steps in a situation like that so that I don't blow my top. When it works it really works. I think the key is to have other people to interact with when situations like that come up. Left to your own devices, it's waaaaay too easy to end up in a jousting match.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I agree with ^^.

My roommate just tested as an ENTJ (I always had my suspicions, but now I've been proved right. The world can continue on now.) She is very much like me, but a bit more spoiled. This sometimes can cause clashes between us -- and since we both tend to bottle up what we are really feeling, we will both snap on each other using severe vulgarities. But then hours later, all is right and we are okay. We got it out of our system and we can move on. When we butt heads, it gets REALLY UGLY (our other roommate, an INFJ sort of cowers in the corner, crying) and she is so surprised hours later that we are okay again.

We get along great most of the time though. In fact, I think we both secretly enjoy when we blow up. Bahaha.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dearest ENTJs,

Out of curiosity, what are your impressions of your opposite, the ISFP?

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Dearest ENTJs,

Out of curiosity, what are your impressions of your opposite, the ISFP?

I only know of one person who actually knew their type as an ISFP -- and although I most of the time got along with them, I was sometimes frustrated with what seemed to me like a lack of focus.

And although I am by no means a conformist, the ISFP I knew felt the need to go out of her way to be an "individual". It was so frustrating -- for instance, the band Muse. She loved them until it was in Twilight and suddenly she hated them.

However, maybe because I've known her for 10 years now, but I would trust her with my life. She just has this way about her where I know she would never betray me.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only know of one person who actually knew their type as an ISFP -- and although I most of the time got along with them, I was sometimes frustrated with what seemed to me like a lack of focus.

And although I am by no means a conformist, the ISFP I knew felt the need to go out of her way to be an "individual". It was so frustrating -- for instance, the band Muse. She loved them until it was in Twilight and suddenly she hated them.

However, maybe because I've known her for 10 years now, but I would trust her with my life. She just has this way about her where I know she would never betray me.

Bolded sounds more like an enneatype 4 thing/high school girl thing (lol).

A lack of focus? Focus on what? It would be cool if you could elaborate.

That's great that you have reliable friends. :) I always try to be reliable and there for my friends. I hate being betrayed and controlled, and I seem to naturally not do that to people. Kinda like the golden rule, but only applying to some things.

My personal experience with the two ENTJs I knew (both guys) were that they were full of energy, it was fun to be around them because we could always find something to talk about, and they seemed to be really good at telling idiots to fuck off and getting to the point. These were guys I knew in HS, and one of said ENTJs made a bully literally cry because of some of the stuff that he said LOL.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Bolded sounds more like an enneatype 4 thing/high school girl thing (lol).

A lack of focus? Focus on what? It would be cool if you could elaborate.

That's great that you have reliable friends. :) I always try to be reliable and there for my friends. I hate being betrayed and controlled, and I seem to naturally not do that to people. Kinda like the golden rule, but only applying to some things.

My personal experience with the two ENTJs I knew (both guys) were that they were full of energy, it was fun to be around them because we could always find something to talk about, and they seemed to be really good at telling idiots to fuck off and getting to the point. These were guys I knew in HS, and one of said ENTJs made a bully literally cry because of some of the stuff that he said LOL.

Haha, yes. It was a couple years ago in High School so maybe that was it.

And in reference to the lack of focus, I should elaborate -- you're right. I mean in the sense that I'm aware I can be some what controlling and this girl was in my Western Civs class. We had a project that was worth a ridiculous amount of points...it seemed like her head was always in the clouds. Whenever I would tell her what to do (I told everyone what to do, I know, I know - looking back it was rather a bitchy thing to do) she would almost on purpose NOT do it. The only thing she did want to do was draw the poster, not help the group with the presentation. I dunno how to describe it -- I'm doing a rather terrible job of it.

And I despise people who bully others and would've probably told that guy the same thing. Getting to the point is really important with me as well. I hate people who beat around the bush and move about slowly -- I just want to shake them and make them MOVE so we can get on with life.